M2E Vassal Module

Thrawnic

I have been working on adding models into the Vassal module for personal use playing M2E with a good friend who just moved to Alaska, The only thing I think I haven't changed is the use a SS button automatically flipping an additional card. I haven't looked into changing this but I wanted to see if anyone else has worked on this yet so I don't duplicate work. I currently have All the M2E models added into the module up to the 12/3/2013 Beta Release. Many are sitting on default pictures as they have no puppet images yet. Other than that there was not a lot that needed to be changed.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

On another note, Is my module something that I should/Am allowed to post here? I don't want to step on anyones toes or copywrite stuff. its my first time editing a vassal module and Im not sure of the protocol. But I figured it would give more people an opportunity to play M2E and get involved with the beta.

Nathan said this in another thread a couple of days ago when asked if there was an updated module:

Unless someone sneaked an update in there without letting me know, not yet.

That said, there is a plan to get an update going as well as a few other things that Alex, David, Redd and a few other folks are working on.

So my guess is that they're working on it. I'm not sure about the situation regarding your own version, you'd need a hat for a definitive answer.

Ah that too then, the the soulstone mechanic and the cheatsheet have yet to be changed but I can start working on those tonight after work

Right now I have the models sorted by Masters Totems enforcers, minions and henchmen I will add a peon subclass where needed but I think most peons are totems anyway. I am also considering subcategories based on theme crews later on that way you have access to all of Rasputinas stuff for instance in one scroll menu

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

With next update im changing how the SS use works. right now it should just subtract a soulstone and nothing else. It will leave adding the appropriate + minus or suit up to the user. But it shouldn't take a card off the top automatically anymore. Again I am just modifying what the original module creators have already put out so all credit for the base module goes to them and such. I am testing the change now and will upload in a moment if it works

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Hold on guys I'm getting permission from the creators before I post anything based on their work.

Edited by Thrawnic

So Good evening Fellow Players. I have gotten the OK from Alex to publish the new module and we have the Soulstone mechanic working appropriately. I am recreating the encounter maps to work with the new mechanics tonight in my free time and Alex is working on the cheat sheet I believe. I Should have a module with at least a few maps to give you late night tonight or tomorrow morning. Just wanted to keep you good folks updated.

Hello Everyone,

I have only had time to work on 6 maps and will be adding more in the next few days plus Alex is finishing up the Cheat Sheet but I wanted to get something out there to help with the Wave 2 Beta Test.

All Credit goes to Alex, Eric, and Nathan for creating such a cool module. Special thanks to Alex for fixing the Soulstone Mechanic and working on the cheat sheet. And of course thanks to Mike for being my beta tester

So without further delay here is a link to the Module

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqe1rrvujn3trit/Malifaux2e-v1_2.vmod

Edited by Thrawnic

Great work with the update!!

Love having all the models & new maps!

A couple of extra things for homework, you can't change the labels on the new models (ie, to give model minions different names).

Also if you could change the deployments to the new ones that would be awesome!

Already pointed out the issues with the deployment zones. Also, try highlighting a model and hitting CTRL+L. Austringers Bill and Ted are my nemeses.

That works with the V1 models, but when I tried to do it with the new models (Peasants & Ansatsu-sha, to be exact), there was no option in the drop down menu & CTRL+L did nothing :(

Just used this model for the first time and it worked really well, thanks for sorting it.

One thing I did notice: Barbaros is on a 30mm base still but he's been FAQ'ed to 40mm. Didn't make any difference as I just used a 40mm based model and changed the label but it might be worth correcting in a future update :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys, I apologize for the delay before an update. I have corrected the label issue and updated base sizes and the corpse mechanics. All models drop only 1 corpse or scrap marker regardless of base size. I havent gotten to building heights yet but for now you can decide that with your opponents. The old maps will be returning as soon as i can update them and new ones will follow shortly thereafter.

so without further Adue, here is the updated module.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4iqr3kmz78b3ev/Malifaux2e-v1_4.vmod

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...