Adepticon 2014 April 3-6, 2014 Registration opens tomorrow!

Shadowopal

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this is a repeat if posted elsewhere but do you have more details about specifics on the formats? Is the team restricted to same single declared faction matched for both Leaders? Is Masters Single Faction, Single Leader, etc?

Thanks and can't wait for this next year!

I can say that all events other than the achievement event is single faction. Other than that, you will unfortunately have to wait for quite a while. With M2E being mostly in beta, it is hard yo play test and get a good idea of what makes sense yet. I will have a better idea in January of where things are going. Sorry. Wish I had a better answer.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Actually, Story Encounter may also be multi faction. But we won't know for a while. Patience will be required.

Really like that masters is now a true 2 day event!

That was my idea, after that chat I had with Mike last year. The end was over a bit anti-climatic.

As far as other stuff. As you may have guessed Sean "Shadowopal" Overton has taken over being the guy in charge this year. I have not gone far but real life has kept me from doing that role this year. I will still be around but Sean is the main guy everyone gets to bitch to this year. :)

I believe rough rules are due up in the next couple months and the final day for rules usually February. Assume single faction for most if not all events and Team tournament will work similiar to how it has in the past(only with less strange Master combos...no more Kirai and Dreamer)

Specifics are being play tested. Full rules will be up by February. It will not be 35 for most of the the events. Most will be higher. Somewhere between 40-50. Team tourney will probably 35 each team member. But things will change. So don't get attached to anything I post here. As I said, full rules will be posted on the website by February.

• 1 month later...

So the preliminary rules packets sans scenarios have been delivered to the AdeptiCon staff for prettying up and posting. I assume that will take a few days. I will post a link to my Google drive after I up load them there tomorrow morning. Too tired to work on it. Scenarios will be up by the end of the month. But this will allow you to start working on your crews.

That is all.

Okay folks. Here are the basic rules as I submitted them to AdeptiCon. The strategies are still in the works. But they will be done by the end of the month at the latest. Link to my Google Drive until they are loaded to the Adepticon site. Cheers.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pv_QjlvpTSK3oFP46CZAnjQRNfR80cBbhuFKMx_Ow_w/edit?usp=sharing

Very excited for this, probably more this than playing in the a square based games championships. Already have 1 crew painted up, painting up another now with a third lined up behind that. Granted I will apologize to all my opponents since Adepticon will see my first game of Malifaux ever, you can only learn so much watching bat reps on youtube. Now I just need to start planning my cake... Vanilla or Red Velvet.

Really like the teams being a 35pt crew each. Also love that its shared faction

Wow the 160minutes for Masters I'm very excited for most of my 50pt games tend to be 1:30 so the extra hour should really help most folks and time crunch be less of a factor.

Story encounter looks good on both

Yeah really think the time per round you have spot on.

should be fun. I'm hammering out terrain for you and listed a lot of beverage options looking forward to again playing and helping out and hanging out

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

am I reading this right.

For Team tourney

We can switch up list each round?

Actually, a few facts have been brought to my attention that has make me rethink the switching crews between rounds for the team tourney. So that has changed back to the traditional static crew from past years. No switching between rounds.

Also, schemes for the team tourney will be chosen from the card flip as normal. Only differences are each player on a team chooses one and no duplication of a scheme in the same team.

Sorry for the changes.

As this year will be my first team event with Malifaux, this may be a silly question but could someone tell me how two teammates regard one another's models?

Will your partner's crew be regarded as "Friendly?" or just as a non-enemy? I ask due to abilities like Tara or Lynch that want you to be the first or last friendly model to activate.

If a whole team is considered Friendly, then this complicates matters if your partner has fewer models, but needs to go last (and can't) due to the activation rotation.