Adepticon 2014 April 3-6, 2014 Registration opens tomorrow!

Shadowopal

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 1]AdeptiCon 2014 Preregistration Opens on Nov. 14![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 1][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 1]

Preregistration for AdeptiCon 2014 opens this Thursday, November 14th at 7:00 PM CST. Head on over to the AdeptiCon 2013 Webcart and see what events we have in store for you this year!

We suggest you do the following in order to make your registration process go as smoothly as possible:

• Make sure you whitelist the info@adepticon.org email address. All of your cart confirmations will be coming from this address and they can very easily get caught in spam/junk filters.
  • Log into the AdeptiCon Webcart to make sure you know what email address your account is under and what your password is. Trying to figure this out the day registration opens will be a nightmare. You can request a password reset by clicking here. Please note that if you use a different email address for PayPal, your webcart account might be under that email address. It just depends on how you registered last year.

Last year, our most popular events sold out within hours, so make sure to act quickly in order to reserve your spot in the events of your choice!

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 1]New for 2014: The AdeptiClubs Program!

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

Is your club attending AdeptiCon in force? AdeptiCon is offering a perfect opportunity for your club to set up an event through AdeptiClubs. For the past few years, AdeptiCon has coordinated with the 40K Freebootas to create Bootatown as a club program for their members. With the success of this program, AdeptiCon is providing this same opportunity for all clubs attending the convention.

During registration, a club member will be able to reserve two table blocks for the entire day on Friday, April 4, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Enjoy friendly wagers, drinks and rivalries with the introduction of AdeptiClubs. Quantities are limited, so make your reservation at AdeptiClubs Registration before all the AdeptiClubs tables are gone!

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 1]Help Make AdeptiCon 2014 a Success!

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

From the beginning, AdeptiCon's motto was "For Gamers, By Gamers." AdeptiCon wouldn't happen without hundreds of hours of volunteering by people like yourselves. Our volunteers offer an evening, a day, or a whole weekend to do the work needed to make the AdeptiCon weekend a success.

We're always looking for more people to join our team. Whether you can volunteer for a few hours, a day, or a whole weekend, there are plenty of ways in which you can contribute. At a minimum, volunteers will receive a free Weekend Badge and an invitation to the After Con Mixer.

Here's some of the ways you can volunteer:

• Wednesday setup
  • Swag bag sorting/stuffing
  • Thursday setup
  • Sunday teardown
  • Registration booth (Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday)
  • Terrain building (pre-convention)
  • Event staff (data entry, judges, etc.)

Email us at volunteer@adepticon.org with your name, phone number, availability, and ways in which you're interested in volunteering.

WHAT WYRD STUFF WILL THERE BE FOR ME TO DO?

This year, we have our own room. That's right. No sharing. 36 tables of awesome!

Malifaux Cake Match - We will be starting at noon this year! Come hang out and get some pick up games in before the hard core gaming starts. This event is the best way to start out your convention experience. Plus there's cake!!!! That's right, bring your A game and your A cake. The only prizes here are for the yummies. Also a great time to get some Kings of Artiface, Puppet Wars or Showdown action in too.

Malifaux 1.5 & 2 Edition Story Encounters - Feeling a little nostalgic for 1.5? This is your event. Totally sold on M2E or new to the game? We've got YOU covered too. Two separate events. Same time. Same Room. Same Scenarios. Whichever way you want to play, you can.

Malifaux Team Tourney - Grab your bestest buddy and throw down against two crews each round. These are always fun matches and put a cool twist on Malifaux.

Malifaux Achievement Event - This is the event for those who want to get as much gaming in as they can. You sign up. We give you a rules packet with a list of Achievements to try and....well achieve over the weekend. You go out and challenge everyone you can find and try to score as many points as you can. We also throw in some fun challenges that one can achieve without playing a game. My personal favorite being "Buy a Malifaux Marshal a drink".

Masters of Malifaux Tourney - The big daddy of Adepticon. Think you've got what it takes to take the mantle of Master? This monster has gotten so much demand, we turned it into a two day event. Get your rest.....you'll need it.

Demos - Want to introduce your friend to the world of Wyrd? bring em by. Our awesome staff of Henchmen will show them the ropes of any or all of the Wyrd line of games.

Open Gaming - While we fully expect to sell out, there may be some open space for pick up games and such. So, bring your crew and if there's a spot....claim it for your faction!

We have some terrific sponsors this year and the prizes are always fun. But, even better is the chance to get together with old friends and make new ones from across the globe. Come hang out with us this April. Plan your family vacation and spend some time in Chicago while you're there. You won't be sorry.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had quite a few years where I didn't get any swag, not that it is the real reason that you go. Realistically, Gen Con isn't our annual miniatures show, neither is Games Day. It is Adepticon all the way!

I seem to remember it just being a bunch of guys playing 40k at Ides of March that, when that fell apart, went on to do something even better.

Weddings are temporary. Master of Malifaux....that's forever man.

Numbers are coming along nicely. But, we still have slots open. All you people beefing about no 1.5 events.....better sign up for the 1.5 Story Encounter. Lots of spaces there. On that note, if you signed up for the M2E Story Encounter and wanted to play in the 1.5 Story Encounter, no worries. We will take care of you at the convention.

Edited by Shadowopal

I have a swag bag and my events are bought, but they're square based events. Hoping I can get some free time from my judging responsabilities on Friday to head over to the Malifaux area and learn how to play the game since I moved from Indianapolis (dead when it comes to Malifaux) to Steubenville, OH (dead to any gaming unless I drive to Pittsburgh). So if anyone is willing to take some time out of their day to teach someone whose been wanting to learn for a little over a year now ^_^ I'd be grateful :D