Malifaux Masters UK 18/19th January

Clousseau

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies for the delay in putting up the rules pack, but life keeps hetting in the way! Probably be Wednesday due to gaming nights before then.

However, I can let you know that I have secured prize support from Wyrd, Simple Miniature Games, Sarissa Precision and KR Multicase. In addition Counter Attack Bases will be providing each entrant to the Masters a little momento :)

sounds great!

Apologies for the delay in putting up the rules pack, but life keeps hetting in the way! Probably be Wednesday due to gaming nights before then.

However, I can let you know that I have secured prize support from Wyrd, Simple Miniature Games, Sarissa Precision and KR Multicase. In addition Counter Attack Bases will be providing each entrant to the Masters a little momento :)

Dave this is why we let you do things, because you do them so well. Thank you.

If there is anything you need let me know, I will bring my terrain and Bendy Board.

Luke.

Rules pack has been added to the first post

Thanks Dave, looks interesting. I'm a little disappointed with 45SS but not massively. It also looks like the worst time to go out is at the Quarter Final stage, as it will be too late to enter the other tournament then. Not much you can do about that but it would be disappointing to be one of the unlucky 4.

I'm assuming the pools for the Masters mean that each player in the pool plays the other players once. Is there a draw for this or is it up to them to organise among themselves? This is important because of the Strategy and Schemes that will be available in each game. Also, can we have a badge of shame for any of the top 4 cedes (Joel, James, Jimmy and Luke) who fail to make it out of their pool?

Regarding the Proxy, Conversion and Painting Rules - there are some stat cards for which no model has yet been released but there are a number of alternative models on the market. The rulespack indicates that these would not be allowed and any unreleased models would need to be sculpted/converted with only 30% of the model allowed from other companies' models. This makes it a little tricky for some models (e.g. Dawn Serpent). I'm wondering if this isn't too limiting on the players (especially if they are not particularly good at conversions)?

Lastly in regards to the Rulespack, the Forfeits and Conceeded Games section needs to be updated for M2E (i.e. the VP needs to be changed to 10 and the Diff needs to be changed to +10 or -10 as appropriate).

On a Masters related note, although Luke has already indicated that I'm coming, I've just been told that I have a meeting to go to in Blackpool on 21st Jan, which requires that I travel up the day before. This might mean I can't get a pass for the Masters but I will confirm one way or the other ASAP.

Good points Luke.

Day 1 of the Masters will be all planned out in advance before the draw so that there is no bias (not that I would of course). This will be visible to all players at the start, as will the route through to the final. Looking at getting it all printed out on a massive piece of paper to go on the wall - a little like a World Cup chart.

The 4 dropping out early on Sunday can try out some other games, but I can't think of a fair way to drop them into LOEH. They'll be spare games to play, or we can try another game of Masters only like last year!

Proxies will be allowed for characters not yet released. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Thanks for the heads up on the forfeits bit of the rules pack.

I suppose there's no reason why the 4 people who go out at the quarter-finals can't get added into the other tournament - yeah, you'd play one game less, but at least you'd get some games in.

Otherwise I'll bring Zombicide for when I get knocked out ;)

Awesome! I'll reserve my seat with you now

We could follow the example of the world cup draw, with a draw for group and then position, because that wasn't ridiculously complicated....... ;)

I love the idea of a world cup wallchart, I used to love filling those in :)

That'll give you something to do when you get knocked out :)

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

So, assuming Ant confirms and Martin doesn't cry off, we have our finalists.

Look out for the live draw in the New Year.

Now just the Sunday event to fill.