Ophelia fixed?

Iron Heel

I think he is saying hire a Mercenary Student of Conflict as a totem rather than using the Young Lacroix. I would have to admit that I have been considering converting a Gremlin Student lately, just because of the very limited usefulness that Young Lacroix have now. I barely bother using Ophelia's upgrades, so taking a totem that gives you the upgrades isn't all that appealing. Yeah, the Young can use Ophelia's guns, but their base guns do similar damage to a Threatenin' Gun and you don't have to waste an AP reloading. Shoot once and maybe Paralyze someone vs shoot twice and just kill them is usually an easy choice to make!

Besides using the Student to enhance Ophelia you could park the Student next to Rami, giving him fast. Combined with his Reckless ability that can be as many as 4 sniper shots an activation. Ouch. If he gets threatened by melee attacks Rami has no melee ability...but the Student does, and she can help hold someone off. Like I said, it is something that I have been considering trying.

Edited by RagingRodian

I've only been able to use Ophelia once and it was after the FAQ. She got assassinated pretty quick so I wouldn't say that I've had enough experience to have a strong opinion on her upgrades. But I must say I found the Young LaCroix quite useful, even after O got shredded by Lilith. They spent the rest of the game blasting away at the terror tots to surprising effect.

-DavicusPrime

• 3 weeks later...

I think its a bit of a knee jerk reaction. I would of lowered the damage and the tn on the wp of the trigger for the young lacroix, but not the original damage.

As to the argument of it being a 1 shot kill upgrade. There are lots of people who have 1 shot upgrades and some on there un-upgraded stat cards. Why is it so different for a Gremlins to have a nice damage ability? The trigger i dont care because lenny is almost always in my crew.

I can think of one interesting use of the Young Lacroix and Jug Rocket. Since the shot can be made w/o LOS which then lets you use them as a short range mortar team from behind terrain.

More and more, it seems that Ophelia's upgrades are situational. But the fact that you can swap them out during a game as needed makes O very flexable.

-DavicusPrime

I can think of one interesting use of the Young Lacroix and Jug Rocket. Since the shot can be made w/o LOS which then lets you use them as a short range mortar team from behind terrain.

More and more, it seems that Ophelia's upgrades are situational. But the fact that you can swap them out during a game as needed makes O very flexable.

-DavicusPrime

This pretty much. Love my Young Mortar Teams.

I basically use her upgrades for her delish zero actions.

Her (0)'s on her upgrades are good, I find that she can often give herself the needed upgrade without taking the -2 Sh penalty that the Young do. It's not that the Young aren't useful, I just find them to be extremely poor at really doing anything other than having to hang around Ophelia to use her upgrades.

Ophelia doesn't need her totems since her Rough Riders are at a :+fate to attack anyway. Sure the Young can be useful if you plan on reloading a bunch of Ophelias guns, but often they are better left in the case. Besides, for 1 extra point you can take significant Bayou Gremlins that can accomplish schemes.