M2E Meta Question - What's the new SS range folks are playing at?

DavicusPrime

I've only been able to play 3 games using the new rules and all three games were played at 50ss. The battle reports I've seen seemed to be more often in the 35ss to 40ss range.

I guess I'm just wondering what size games are being played and what folks feelings are on what size games they prefer?

Thanks,

-DavicusPrime

• 5 weeks later...

Got to play a couple more games last weekend, one at 50ss (Ramos vs. Rasputina) and 35ss (Ophelia vs. Lilith).

I liked the 50ss game more than the 35ss, but the 35ss was meant to introduce my usual opponent's girlfriend to the game and neither of us have all that many models for the chosen factions/masters. Even with only 35 stones, the game still took us a couple hours to play and still drove out some fun tactical interplay. I'm not all the certain how a 25 stone game would work, but based on how the 35 worked out, I could see playing anywhere from 35 to 50 and be perfectly happy with the results.

-DavicusPrime

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to play bigger games, but right now I'm trying to re-build the meta at my flgs. So right now we're playing 26 to 35ss. We've got a few newb's & some returning mk1 players, once we get used to M2ed we'll start moving up in points.

• 3 weeks later...