Black Friday

RagingRodian

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any idea if the pieces of the Arachnid Swarms can easily be used on separate 30mm bases in lieu of Steam Arachnids?

Thinking about picking up the set for a friend as a Christmas present, but seems dumb to not give him any Steam Arachnids and want to know if I'd need to pick up the M1E metal models?

One more try, Nathan I just wanted to ask (again) if the transparent plastic are as strong and durable as the normal plastics? I am just concerned that in order to get the transparent effect the plastics wouldn't be as dense and would thus be a bit weaker/more apt to break.

Seem to hold up well enough. I've not managed to snap anything yet without being overly aggressive and the two I just bounced off the wall came back just fine. YMMV.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Are the puppets. Just the models or will there be unstitched cards?

Those are just metal puppets we're clearing out that we have on hand - no cards with them. Folks have asked after them to proxy or do one thing or another, we're obliging.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Also, why no love for Gremlins and Ten Thunders?

Why don't you love us Wyrd, we love you?! This is such an unhealthy relationship.

Can only get so much done, despite best wishes and wants and only a few things made the time cut.

Seem to hold up well enough. I've not managed to snap anything yet without being overly aggressive and the two I just bounced off the wall came back just fine. YMMV.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Those are just metal puppets we're clearing out that we have on hand - no cards with them. Folks have asked after them to proxy or do one thing or another, we're obliging.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Can only get so much done, despite best wishes and wants and only a few things made the time cut.

Lol, the wall bounce is good enough for me, thanks for letting me know Nathan.

Anyone have any idea if the pieces of the Arachnid Swarms can easily be used on separate 30mm bases in lieu of Steam Arachnids?

Thinking about picking up the set for a friend as a Christmas present, but seems dumb to not give him any Steam Arachnids and want to know if I'd need to pick up the M1E metal models?

They will separate fine, I believe the Ramos set comes with 1 card for a swarm and 3 individual spiders.

I'm not sure of the Transparent/Day Glow Thing. Part of me wants it for the novelty factor.

But a MASSIVE part of this hobby is the painting side....

Plus do I REALLY need another Tara Crew?

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

Who am i kidding. I think I'm going to have to get Transparent Green Pandora.

Wow, that is a lot of items. I would really like a Santana, but there is no way I can spend $250 on models right now. I have the Gencon nightmare set, but the smoke set is very tempting. I also want Miss Terious. Why does the sale have to start Thursday, I don't get paid until Friday.

For Miss Terious and Santana, it says updated for M2E. Does this mean just a Death Marshal and Santiago card respectively, or is it a Miss Terious and Santana card, ala the Miss Step card from Gencon?

Has a card for them specifically with their artwork - ala like the Miss Step card.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

On this same note, for the transparent/smoke/dayglow models, do they still accept paint as readily as the plastic sets?

Accepts paint quite easily. If you want to take it another step, use brush on primer for the locations you want paint and avoid the areas you want transparent/smoke/dayglow.

Personally I'm waiting to see someone install an LED light up underneath them for something creative.