SteampunkCake's mixing bowl

SteampunkCake

Hey, thought I'd post some pictures of stuff I've been working on and also can serve as my commission portfolio.

So to start things off, I painted up the new death marshals today for my tara crew, they're a mid range paint job with 3-4 highlights on each model.

post-15314-1391193137421_thumb.jpg

I'm tempted to try and do some source lighting on them, but not sure how to go about doing it. I don't have access to an airbrush and i'm not a fan of the watering down method. not sure about drybrushing it on, although i find that tends to be the best result for a smooth transition of light.

Let me know what you guys think and I'll upload some more things when they're done.

SK

• 3 months later...

Going to trying out something that I saw on a blog, can't remember the name but it's quite a popular one. I'm going to try and get a crew painted every fortnight starting with Tara's crew.

I've got them all primed and ready to go, but I'll be picking up some paints wednesday, I'm going to get started on the nothing beast and Void wretches. Hope to get some pictures of them up some time soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Looking back at some of my older models, Rotten belles in particular, they are so badly done XD.
These are the days before I knew about multiple thin layers and you can see all the parts where I've missed a spot and the primer is just shining through.
Also this was during my "I hate washes" phase, so nothing had any depth to it, I tried to blend everything I painted.
Some things I've been working on over the past year, my mechanicus skaven army for 40k, night lords for 30k and a converted werewolf for age of sigmar

eketrik.jpg

plasma cats.jpg

wolf.jpg

• Like 3

Some more pics of my insane skaven mechanicum army. Currently sorting them out for the UK GT in march and then once it's done I might get my deck out again and start 'fauxing it up again.

Bonecrawler:
5y5gn8.jpg

Eketrik (past and present):
keddeh.jpg

Hellcrawler Abomination:
33c2il2.jpg

From the back:
a5cow5.jpg

Storm Breacher:
2vccqjn.jpg

Thanquol (I fixed his stupid warpstone horns and gave him something more accurate):
35nd56s.jpg

Verminlord of Clan Skryre (WIP):
2v01w1h.jpg

• Like 3