Okay, this is a little sad...

Something else that occurred to me this morning. Are there official Facebook pages for Wyrd games and Malifaux? I found some fan pages, but there didn't seem to be an official one. Another way to keep your fans up to date on Wyrd doings. If there is one, links on the main page would be a plus.

I know there's the Facebook Page for the business. It was last updated with the launch of the Wave 2 Beta.

Another very minor correction: On the main page one of the faction links is to the "Resurrectionis"

Is there an easy way to get these sorts of minor issues to whoever curates the website? The M2E beta typo threads seem to work well, so perhaps a stickied thread for website typos and minor issues could make this person's job easier.

Edited by Attrition

I have a suggestion too. Unless I am overlooking something or it has been mentioned before, then ignore this ^^. The best way to check new products, and for me a LOT is new seeing I been out of the hobby a while, is browsing the store. But a fair few of the pictures of miniatures on the box sets are very small pictures. Often to small to get a good idea of the look of the miniatures. Shame as they look very good from the small pictures and I'd like a closer look. So I find myself surfing the web/forums and such to find bigger pictures. But that is far from ideal obviously. And I can imagine people might be a bit more hesitant to buy, especially if they are not building crews, but just collect figures.

Edited by cdukino

I have a suggestion too. Unless I am overlooking something or it has been mentioned before, then ignore this ^^. The best way to check new products, and for me a LOT is new seeing I been out of the hobby a while, is browsing the store. But a fair few of the pictures of miniatures on the box sets are very small pictures. Often to small to get a good idea of the look of the miniatures. Shame as they look very good from the small pictures and I'd like a closer look. So I find myself surfing the web/forums and such to find bigger pictures. But that is far from ideal obviously. And I can imagine people might be a bit more hesitant to buy, especially if they are not building crews, but just collect figures.

Agreed. One of the things I really love about the Privateer Press site is that they've got reasonably good-sized images of their models. The 360-rotating model view is nice too, but I don't think that's as practical for Wyrd.

I have to agree with a number of the comments. The Malifaux sites needs to be updated to differentiate between the 1.5 v2 stuff and 2e.

Crew creator is something i'd love to see (*cough* iOS app *cough*) however it's a desirable item for me rather than a necessity. Things like a release schedule for the next month and stopping things being marked as "coming soon/New release" when they are not are realy things that should be dealt with and sorted. Out of date websites tend to be obvious or confusing and put people off. Even a rough release schedule would be fantasticlly useful, i.e. "We are releasing Sonja then Marcus, then McMorning etc" so people can guage where their favourite crews sit in the release schedule.

Something that I believe in is that people are much more tollerant if you say "it's going to take 6 months to do" rather than not saying anything and making people wait 6 months.

I've already stated that we are currently working on something. I've not put a time stamp on it as if we're one hour late with it folks scream bloody murder.

It is a priority.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

One of the thing I suggest not only for the website but also for the webpage is the inclusion of painted models. Since the plastic models started we lost the pictures of painted models on the box

I've made more than a few comments on this, but for the moment, no, we won't be going back to painted models. When we did it, folks bitched. When we didn't, folks hollered. Quite honestly, half the time there were delays in the past was due to not getting painted stuff in on time in order to print or release, even when you have multiple folks on it.

We might setup a spot for folks to upload their models to show off, but we won't be doing official Wyrd paint pieces any time soon.

I've already stated that we are currently working on something. I've not put a time stamp on it as if we're one hour late with it folks scream bloody murder.

It is a priority.

I apppreciate your candor, and understand your position.

However, there's putting a date on it, and then there is giving an estimate for it. It's one thing to say, "It will be online October1." and something else entirely to say that "We intend to have it ready for testing in 6 months. if that goes well, it'll be about a month after that, but we'll let you know if anything changes"

Most reasonable people will understand the latter, so long as you actually keep them informed. Most unreasonable people will cream bloody murder regardless of what you do.

I've made more than a few comments on this, but for the moment, no, we won't be going back to painted models. When we did it, folks bitched. When we didn't, folks hollered. Quite honestly, half the time there were delays in the past was due to not getting painted stuff in on time in order to print or release, even when you have multiple folks on it.

We might setup a spot for folks to upload their models to show off, but we won't be doing official Wyrd paint pieces any time soon.

Thanks for the clarification Nathan I understand your position. As a painter I appreciate the fact that I can use a reference to decide where to put my highlights and shadows and helping guide colour schemes. But also understand that some people prefer not to have a guide so you aren't biased. So there will never be a consensus, but if that causes delays than I understand the reason for not doing it

Edited by Bacms

Honestly, Just creating a gallery by model that people could upload models to(and sign any and all necessary releases, I guess) would be great. Type Lady Justice in and get 5 different versions of her to look at and use. And something like that wouldn't require that it be out before the model.

Honestly, Just creating a gallery by model that people could upload models to(and sign any and all necessary releases, I guess) would be great. Type Lady Justice in and get 5 different versions of her to look at and use. And something like that wouldn't require that it be out before the model.

This would be great, if the seach function was viable. As it stands, we have to go to each painter's plog or CMoN to get good shots of painted models.

Maybe conditional early releases to Henchmen or something, on the provision that they paint the models and post the pics through the proper channels on here to be used as a gallery of painted models. I'm sure Mako and Evilbleachman, among others, would be up to the task.

I kind of already post some fairly easy to find painted stuff. Most every other month, in fact... *grin*

This would be great, if the seach function was viable. As it stands, we have to go to each painter's plog or CMoN to get good shots of painted models.

Which is why I'd like some sort of function where you upload it with the following tags: Model Name, Faction 1, Faction 2, and Box Set/Individual, maybe even making everything but the model name a dropdown. Once they have been uploaded into a database, it shouldn't be too hard for the server to generate display page. It really isn't difficult to set up, just time consuming and requires testing.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

and I'm not suggesting getting rid of Painter's blogs or threads. Just adding a page where they can upload their images.

It really isn't difficult to set up, just time consuming and requires testing.

Somehow I think that might be a mayor limiting factor. Time. This would be a great thing if someone with the time, knowledge and will to do it made a fanpage of it as described (and no that won't be me as I lack some of those parameters ^^ ). With the galleries. Seeing it won't be official studiopaintjobs a fanpage seems quite fitting. And Wyrd could link to it. So Wyrd keeps the get the website updated and keep a good steady flow of miniatures popping into the world ^^

Indeed, and very well done. And an updated errata as well. Thank you for this, Wyrd crew. I'd like to apologize for my first post. I'd just spent a rather frustrating hour trying to figure out what crews had been released for M2E and which ones were about to come out. Sorry, guys, I don't know what came over me.