The Dreamer

zFiend

How are you feeling about Dreamer 2.0? Haven't seen any threads yet. The game mechanic in 1.5 seemed awesome, but I have never played 1.5 I hopped in on Beta and have been waiting for the official 2.0 to come out. How do you think he will transform? Also I am very interested in seeing how Coppelius will turn out. He seemed like a really interesting piece in 1.5.

I can't wait to play Dreamer with Coppelius and Lord Chompy. We have been anxiously waiting to get a game of Dreamer vs Yan Lo with my friend.

Supposedly, new beta for wave 2 opens in 6 days.

As far as transformations.

I'd like to see something in line with the way Dreamer was previously but maybe a bit more dimensional.

I'd like to see Copellius abilities get modified some, as I always felt he was too good for his cost, but that was a personal opinion.

Yan-Lo was an very interesting master, and was very tempting to me.

Edited by mpangelu

I'd like to see Copellius abilities get modified some, as I always felt he was too good for his cost, but that was a personal opinion.

Such were many of the Neverborn. But there are two things we can count on for M2E: His base cost will probably go up, and his cool abilities will be relegated to an Upgrade. I'd like to see him as a Henchman, able to lead his own crew of Nightmares, but most likely they'll just make him an Enforcer...Then again, how the heck is Bad Juju a Henchman?!

I'd also like to see Coppelius as a henchman. I suppose it will be Chompy though if Lynch & Huggy tells us anything.

Not really a comparison. Where Lynch and Huggy was a Master and Totem, we all knew that the Totem was the beat stick of the two was still a Henchman then with Totem name. With Dreamer / Chompy, both were Masters, though the Dreamer in his self was nothing more then an essential delivery system. I think keeping them as dual master would be great, and Coppelius would be an agreeable Henchman. But you would have to keep the Dreamer as a master to keep it where he is the actual master. Chompy shouldn't be a henchman. Of course this is based on previous edition. If they re-work them entirely then there is no telling, but they better beef up the dreamer some if they make Chompy a simple henchman.

I'd also like to see Coppelius as a henchman. I suppose it will be Chompy though if Lynch & Huggy tells us anything.

But if the Vikies and Taelor tell us anything, then both Coppy and Chompy could be Henchmen.

Not really a comparison. Where Lynch and Huggy was a Master and Totem, we all knew that the Totem was the beat stick of the two was still a Henchman then with Totem name. With Dreamer / Chompy, both were Masters, though the Dreamer in his self was nothing more then an essential delivery system. I think keeping them as dual master would be great, and Coppelius would be an agreeable Henchman. But you would have to keep the Dreamer as a master to keep it where he is the actual master. Chompy shouldn't be a henchman. Of course this is based on previous edition. If they re-work them entirely then there is no telling, but they better beef up the dreamer some if they make Chompy a simple henchman.

Exactly. Gotta wait and see.

Tara has a Karina as an Enforcer Totem and the Nothing Beast as just an Enforcer. She doesn't have an actual thematic Henchman. So the Master, Henchman, Enforcer, Totem relationships are still kinda up in the air, on a case by case basis.

I think they could get away w/them both being masters as they are both on the table at the different times you could have them have a total of 14 wounds. 4 for the dreamer ( inc oporeal, high def & wp, a good walk) would see him through) & 10 for Chompy. They could split ap, say with Chompy, getting a 1 ap charge or a onslaught trigger. I'm excited to find out either way.

As to Coppelius I kind of hope he's Neverborn Lucius, it would explain a lot, but if not he definitely should be a henchmen.

Just my two cents.

Edited by kross1
stupid phone user

They bot already have sporty coats. Already half way there! Though I feel Lucious is more ruthless then Coppelius is.

Right, same coat. Off with the gloves and the mask and you have an eyeball-snatching monster. Don't let Coppelius' proclivity for eyes persuade you into thinking he's not able to further his interests through the guise of a high-ranking Guild member.

From the fluff, we know Lucius is something other than ordinary. The Governor General was in the room with him during the event, and so many people died in the process.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, so Coppelius only moonlites as Coppelius. By day he is mild mannered don't f*ck with me coldblooded leader of the Guilds Special Forces Elite Division. By night spooky haunter of dreams and eater of eyes.

Bet that whole eye thing was like Ozzy and the bat. Happened one time, and suddenly thats all that people want him to do.

Hm. You have a point there with the Viks. Do you then think Lord Chompy will come as a zero cost model? If both Coppy and chompy are henchmen it could be quite expensive to make them good with everything you need being made into upgrades, so you would need to upgrade 3 models with soulstones?

Having not seen a lick of info, my gut feeling is that Dreamer/Chompy will be a Master and then Hench/Enf/Totem/whatever. Just given the way M2E feels as far as streamlining and making things more understandable and less circumstantial I don't see them introducing one specific crew that has a 2 Master leader setup. Granted I could be proven completely wrong in a few days but given the way the Viks were done and the overall tightening of the rules, "2 Masters as 1" doesn't really fit with that to me.

Your most likely right, but I don't think it would be that hard with the way the bury mechanic works. Still only one master on the table. You know, place Lord Chompy Bits in base to base contact w/ the Dreamer before burying this model thing. Then you could have the daydreams do the samething. It wouldn't be that difficult to understand, plus it keeps them both only on the table at different times.

my money's on something like, start of activation choose chompy or dreamer hat and switch the cards/models out accordingly trigger or two to switch between them and a line or so of text explaining what happens to one when the other is popped/buried.

As far as the actual models go I like em. New chompy looks oddly cuddle-able.

I literally just got my first malifaux minis last weekend. I picked up the dreamer, LCB, Copelius, teddy,2 stitched together, and the daydreams. Are the new cards for all of these models in the arsenal box? If I recall dreamer and LCB aren't in the 2E rulebook.

Yeah I ended up finding an arsenal box un-boxing video (try saying that 5 times fast) on you tube and it looks like teddy is the only one in there that I need. That is kind of unfortunate for me as I just decided to give this game a try. At least paiting my dudez will keep me busy until I can get the cards I need to take my new crew for a test drive.