The Official "post your crew setup" thread.

Ikvar

I was trying to make a list of different crew setups earlier today, and I started to think that it would be awsome to know what some of the other gremlin players were doing with the most epic and green faction of them all ^^

So I figured we could have this thread to post all the different setups we use, and some basic thoughts and strategy for each list.

I can start of with what I was playing with today:

[h=3]___________________________________________________________________[/h]Som'ers Ball of Death:

Master:

Som'er Teeth Jones

Bayou- 5x3=15ss

Slop Hauler- 2x5=10ss

Lenny- 9ss

FRANCOIS LACROIX- 7ss

Skeeter- 2ss

=43ss

Upgrades:

gremlin-see-1ss(Francois- BUT ONLY IF THEY HAVE CONDITION DMG)

Dirty cheater- 1 (Francois)

Encouragement- 2ss (Somer)

quality mash- 2ss (somer)

can O beans- 1ss (Somer)

=7SS

43+7= 50SS

4SS left from cache

Strat:

Make a line with the 5 Bayou Gremlins, have Lenny and Som'er behind them in the middle, and the two Slop Haulers on each side of Lenny and Som'er. Move the ball of death slowly towards the enemy, while using the skeeter and Francois to grab objectives etc. The skeeter is Francois constant companion, as it can cast "Do It Like Dis", for Francois Loose Trigger, as it is no longer build into the attack sadly.

The gremlins will be able to use reckless all the time as they only take 1dmg because of Lenny, and they will even be able to use "Encouragement" from Som'er as they will get healed from the two Slop Haulers. They will furthermore get an auto dumb luck seeing as Lenny have the ram aura.

Your enemy wont be able to shoot your Slop Haulers without a lot of movement as they are behind the Bayou Gremlins and wont have LOS to them, and most of the normal melee minions wont have range 2 on their melee to reach behind the line. Both Som'er and Lenny will however be able to hit them as they are both HT2 and have a melee range of 2. If the enemy think they can just zerg your lines, they will also get a very warm welcome from 3pulses of "Pull My Finger" :)

So this is a quick strategy I thought about today, all kinds of critic are more then welcome, and I will be looking forward to seeing some of your awsome strategies ^^

Edited by Ikvar

I Your enemy wont be able to shoot your Slop Haulers without a lot of movement as they are behind the Bayou Gremlins and wont have LOS to them, and most of the normal melee minions wont have range 2 on their melee to reach behind the line. Both Som'er and Lenny will however be able to hit them as they are both HT2 and have a melee range of 2. If the enemy think they can just zerg your lines, they will also get a very warm welcome from 3pulses of "Pull My Finger" :)

QUOTE]

If the enemy is height 2 they can see over your line to shoot the slop haulers. You would need a blockign object the same heigth or higher than both the acting model and the target to block line of sight.

Ophelia

-Dirty cheater

Youngin x3

Francois

-Dirty cheater

Lenny

Rami

Raphael

Slop hauler

Bayou gremlin

7 stone pool, which I'm comfortable reducing that down to five for situational perks like stubborn or ht2. Fingers, Ravage, a fist full of gremlins, and the usual fringe upgrades are held in reserve to tag in as necessary.

Tactics

Step 1. Hurt them. Don't necessarily need to kill anything, just bruise their pride a bit and get them feeling vulnerable. Rami's fantastic at this. He's worth his points alone for the chance to spend your first activation of the game reaching out and slapping something. Completely changes how they approach the game. Ophelia herself is pretty good at doing this late in turn one once things have moved up a bit. With Toss and Move it to get her up field there's really nowhere on the board the enemy should be allowed to feel safe. Pick something impressive or important and blow it away.

Step 2. Wait for the inevitable retaliation. You don't need to take the fight to them unless you actually took a kill scenario and personally I'm finding those unnecessary. If step one worked they'll feel pressured to respond, so let them take their sweet time about it. Position one or two models to drop some markers, with reckless I find I don't really need more than two.

Step 3. Wait for the inevitable counterattack to fail horribly. There's no good way to attack this crew. There are a few soft targets, the youngin, the hauler, maybe the token bayou if he's not off droping tokens, and the rest are irritatingly difficult to remove. If they go after the hard targets odds are they're just not going to kill them, I've had Ophelia take two beefy red joker damage flips on the chin in as many turns and still live out the game. The one time she's actually died on me was due to 18 points of final debt and that came long after either master stopped being relevant to the outcome of the game. If they go after the soft targets they may kill them, but who cares? They were cheep expendable models, so what if they got expended? Anything that is in a position to kill a youngin or two is likely in a position to get jumped by the rest of the kin immediately thereafter.

Step 4. Finish them.

Edited by hypoking

Well, I've been sort of limited so far in runnign 2.0 crews, on account of either borrowing the rulebook while at my LGS, or using the open Beta rules, but my typical list is as follows:

S'Omer Teeth

2x Skeeters

Hog Whisperer

2x Warpig

piglet

2x ( sometimes 3) bayou

Slop Hauler

Raphael.

Upgrades: (all S'omer)

Can o' beans

Pig Feed

Encouragement

It's been working well so far, in having the pigs and skeeters tie up the enemies, and the gremlins go about getting schemes/ objectives.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm trying to build a small, maybe 25 SS crew for demo-ing.

I was thinking about:

- Francois Lacroix (6 Cache)

-- Dirty Cheater (1 SS)

-- Team Work (1 SS)

- Lenny (9 SS)

-- I'll love it and pet it... (1 SS)

1 Piglets (4 SS)

3 Bayou Gremlins (9 SS)

I think it might be quite funny and shows most of the gremlin playstyle quite good.

Any suggestions? Ideas for a better demo list?

Move the ball of death slowly towards the enemy, while using the skeeter and Francois to grab objectives etc.

Skeeters are unable to assist with completing objectives due to Peon and Insignificant.

The gremlins will be able to use reckless all the time as they only take 1dmg because of Lenny, and they will even be able to use "Encouragement" from Som'er as they will get healed from the two Slop Haulers. They will furthermore get an auto dumb luck seeing as Lenny have the ram aura.

Keep in mind that without a method of replacing your loses, keeping this going once combat is met will be difficult. The Slop haulers can't heal Dead Bayou Gremlins and even while in Lenny's Big Target Aura they will usually die to Moderate damage if using any of their other abilities (Dumb Luck, Reckless, Encouragement). Blasts and Aura's are the bane of this list as it encourages the fragile crew to cluster to be effective allowing the effects of those actions to really shine (even with Big Target providing Armor 1, a damaged Bayou Gremlin usually dies to any damage causing effect).

With that said I use something more along the lines of this:

Gremlin Crew - 50 - Scrap

Som'er Teeth Jones
--
6 Pool

2 Giant Mosquitos [4ss]

Upgrades:

• Pig Feed (Som'er) [1ss]

• Family Tree (Som'er) [2ss]

• Liquid Bravery (Som'er) [1ss]

• I'll Love It and Pet It (Lenny) [1ss]

Crew:

• Lenny
    [9ss]

• Hog Whisperer
    [5ss]

• Slop Hauler
    [5ss]

• Piglet
    [4ss]

• Piglet
    [4ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [3ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [3ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [3ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [3ss]

This list relies on the Summon Engine (heavily aided by the Skeeter's casting Som'er's Do It Like Dis! action providing the necessary Suits) replacing the inevitable loses and the Pig Ladders/ Truffle Shuffle to provide the mobility for the rest of the crew. Between Som'er and Lenny it isn't difficult to summon 4-6 Bayou Gremlin's and 2-4 Piglets during the normal course of the game (5 turns). Utilizing the Pig Ladders, a Bayou Gremlin can get to the center line from deployment zone with 1 AP (2 if willing to go Drunk and Reckless) in one turn. The constant rotation of Bayou Gremlin's from the Summon Factory to the front keeps the pressure on your opponent. Announced "A Line in the Sand" is also a pretty good idea with this list.

Probably the biggest threat to this list is crews that can readily use Corpse Counters, as there will be plenty of them lying around.

• 4 weeks later...