Mathyeu

Yeah, wow!

Do you guys have no life over there in Europe? Just spend time honing your painting skills? Most of the best painters I see that post stuff are all from over there. Seriously? Something in the water or what?

Aside from how smooth everything looks, I really like the minimalist basing.....it's just enough to show the winter theme without being obtrusive....it simply accents the model...allowing the model to really be the star of the show.

This is gorgeous work, and I am Jealous.

Do you guys have no life over there in Europe? Just spend time honing your painting skills? Most of the best painters I see that post stuff are all from over there. Seriously? Something in the water or what?

It's because Europe knows the arts are important unlike the US education system. (Note, it's the politicians, not the teachers.)

Very very nice work!

I can see from your blog that you painted (a couple of years ago) the original metal version of the crew. How did you find this one in comparison?

It looks to me that your painting has gotten even better over the last couple of years, and it was very impressive to start with!

Thank you guys, I didn't expect to have so many replies !

@craftysteve : I use many custom mix and inking so it's difficult to explain, but my technics are very common ! For the colours, long story short, ice was paint with enchanted blue (with a little bit of turquoise) and cloth with calthan brown and graveyard earth for the most part.

@Mike3838 : The old crew was a commission work so I don't have them anymore for comparison. But sure the new one is far more detailed and cool !

@nilus : So yes I do commission work. That perhaps why I have time to exercise my painting skills !

And to be clear : in Europe we don't have miniature painting class at school !

Edited by Mathyeu