New Ten Thunders Master

11th Thunder

In the M2e rulebook, Perdita recites the names of 12/13 Tyrants. One of them is called "The Dragons." I have a feeling it has something to do with the Viks and their swords, but it could be related to the 10T instead.

There's also a bit where Misaki and Mei Feng consult Huggy about how to trap a Tyrant. Maybe their plan goes horribly awry and some poor sod (the Oyabun maybe?) gets possessed.

In the M2e rulebook, Perdita recites the names of 12/13 Tyrants. One of them is called "The Dragons." I have a feeling it has something to do with the Viks and their swords, but it could be related to the 10T instead.

There's also a bit where Misaki and Mei Feng consult Huggy about how to trap a Tyrant. Maybe their plan goes horribly awry and some poor sod (the Oyabun maybe?) gets possessed.

She says something about there being 12 names for 13 Tyrants, suggsting that the two of them are a pair, ie. that there are two Dragons?

I think the Viks are more associated with the Tyrant Shez'uul, based on the upgrade of that name.

I'd love something like Lone Wolf and cub.

The Lone Wolf and Cub or Yojimbo aesthetic is not really something that we have in a master at the moment. If we say that the man with no name is the same thing (because he is :P), then I suppose we have models like that, but not a master. That or a Master based on the seven samurai with his own set of enforcers (in the vien of the Ortegas or the La Croix) would be my preference.

To be honest I obviously just want something based on a Kurosawa film :P

I had assumed that Shez'uul was trapped in the Masamune, given how the sword changes when they assume Avatar form.

How would that even work? Viktoria brought the Masamune with her from Earthside. We know it to be hgighly unlikely that Masamune managed to trap Shez'uul within it when forging the sword, simply because he lived in the 13th century, and the earliest I could place the original breach would be in the 17th century. I doubt that whatever stopped the tyrants in the first place would have allowed one to escape to earth through an unstable, tiny natural breach, even assuming that a tyrant could. It might be a shard of Shez'uul, though, if we assume that it was originally much like the oblivion shards, which could concievably fall through a natural breach.

I guess it is possible that She'zuul and the Masamune were both present during the first occupation of Malifaux, but I'd expect stories about it to have filtered out if that were the case. Tyrants in general, and She'zuul in particular(if we assume that the avatar Viks are being effected by Shez'uul, anyway) are kind of flashy, and not very big on subtlety. I suppose the event that resulted in the Doppleclone of Viktoria could have resulted in She'zuul being possessed(I need to reread that) but it seemed more focused on Winter than anything else.

• 3 weeks later...

So I have a new speculation since there are two new characteristics in the game.

Komainu has House Guard and Ama No Zako has Oni.

What I was thinking is that the new master can hire or has synergies with mythic beasts, which would mean a weird magical version of Marcus.

Maybe, the thought just crossed my head...

So I have a new speculation since there are two new characteristics in the game.

Komainu has House Guard and Ama No Zako has Oni.

What I was thinking is that the new master can hire or has synergies with mythic beasts, which would mean a weird magical version of Marcus.

Maybe, the thought just crossed my head...

As someone who owns Ama No Zako but has no use for her (PLEASE make her dual faction!), I like this idea in theory, though it invites the inevitable Pokémon Master analogy *wink*

• 2 weeks later...