Ophelia and Thoughts?

N1ck

I have decided that I wanted to expand my crew list from just Marcus of the Arcanists to something new. After looking around the forums and what not I have decided that I wanted to try the Goblin faction. Out of the Masters I wanted to get your thoughts on Ophelia and her crew. I wanted to try a crew that has more range and shooting rather than an upclose melee battle that Marcus and his crew is. So I am curious what are your thoughts on her? How did you guys play her? Is there any other models I should look into if I pick up her box?

Thanks for the help. *happy*

Good choice. Ophelia, pending any changes, is the full package. She's got, and I'm not kidding about this, an actual rocket pack if you want to zip around the field. If you want fire power she's got high personal damage potential and the pack of youngins nipping at her heels will now hit way above their weight. On top of that she's surprisingly resilient with a good stat brick, a solid defensive trigger, and a bit of ablative armor coming hardwired, all of which can be supplemented further with stubborn and some truly ludicrous regen. There's no real subtlety to using her other than learning when she should be dropping markers in the enemy's lines instead of inflicting maximum blunt force trauma. If something needs doing odds are she can do it.

Her box is a good place to start. You'll want to pick up a blister of youngin as well. Maybe Lenny or some slop haulers if you're planning on expanding into the rest of the faction eventually.

Goblin Faction?

Da Boyz dun no ef ya b'long 'ere.

Haha my bad I entirely meant Gremlins. At least I suppose I did not call them Orcs...

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Good choice. Ophelia, pending any changes, is the full package. She's got, and I'm not kidding about this, an actual rocket pack if you want to zip around the field. If you want fire power she's got high personal damage potential and the pack of youngins nipping at her heels will now hit way above their weight. On top of that she's surprisingly resilient with a good stat brick, a solid defensive trigger, and a bit of ablative armor coming hardwired, all of which can be supplemented further with stubborn and some truly ludicrous regen. There's no real subtlety to using her other than learning when she should be dropping markers in the enemy's lines instead of inflicting maximum blunt force trauma. If something needs doing odds are she can do it.

Her box is a good place to start. You'll want to pick up a blister of youngin as well. Maybe Lenny or some slop haulers if you're planning on expanding into the rest of the faction eventually.

Thanks for the heads up. One of the things I noticed in the beta (not sure if it still followed through to the Arsenal Deck) was that her Youngins can give Ophelia Upgrades with a max of three. Does that Mean she can potentially start with no upgrades aand that first turn her youngins (if I choose up to three) can boost her to have three upgrades? Or would I need to have the upgrades equipped first and later have them removed?

Thanks for the heads up. One of the things I noticed in the beta (not sure if it still followed through to the Arsenal Deck) was that her Youngins can give Ophelia Upgrades with a max of three. Does that Mean she can potentially start with no upgrades aand that first turn her youngins (if I choose up to three) can boost her to have three upgrades? Or would I need to have the upgrades equipped first and later have them removed?

You can start with 0 and add up to 3 as long as they say Ophelia on them. You might want to pick up some Piglets and a War Pig too. Now they might not be optimal right now with Ophelia but Lenny has a trigger that means he can summon Piglets, there is another Gremlin Master coming out in the 2nd wave beta in October call Ulix that's going to be more pig-centric if you want to expand further into the goblin faction, and they have the added bonus that you could also use them in your Marcus crew as well.

Welcome to the bayou

Haha my bad I entirely meant Gremlins. At least I suppose I did not call them Orcs...

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Yes the Young and Ophelia herself can equip any upgrade named Ophelia. This lets her shuffle around upgrades as the situation calls for. After getting Ophelia and the Young, I'd buy a Somer box and Lenny. Gives you some Bayou Gremlins to mess around with and add as the situation requires, as well as another Master who plays similar to 1.5 Ophelia.