M2E Qu's - Mostly about Bury

Bairoth

Question

Apologies if these are covered in the M2E rule book: mine doesn't arrive until after Sept 25th (the joys of living in Australia!):

Played LJ vs McMourning (Resser list) last night and a few issues cropped up-

1. How many models can one DM bury?

(My DM was walking around the board Pine Boxing every Flesh Construct that got within 1" of it, which seemed a little broken!)

2. If I walk my DM + Pine Boxed victim off of the edge of the board, does the Pine Boxed model die as well as the DM, or just Unbury in the controlling player's deployment zone (or none of the above)?

3. We had Squatters' Rights strat and opponent took Line in the Sand as a Scheme. Our interpretation of scheme marker dropping was that they couldn't be dropped on the centre line for Line, as they would be within 4" of the Squatters' scheme markers that were placed at the start of the game. The Squatters' scheme markers could be claimed by a crew, used to get Squatters' VP's at the end of every round and then the same scheme marker could count toward both Squatters' and Line VP's at the end of turn 5 (rather than having to chose either the Strat or Scheme to which the scheme marker could exclusively apply). Is this interpretation correct?

Many thanks.

16 answers to this question

A Scheme Marker and a Squatter Marker are not the same. You could still place Scheme Markers as normal.

I thought that you couldn't place a Scheme marker within 4" of another Scheme marker - but perhaps that's within 4" of a friendly Scheme marker?

Can a particular Scheme marker only have one use (ie only count toward one Strategy or Scheme), or can you use it to complete as many Strat's and Schemes as you like.

I would say the markers for Squatter's Rights are different than regular scheme markers, as they are directly involved in a strategy and, more importantly in my opinion, they are on the board before the game begins.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

And in answer to your other question, I also would say that a scheme marker can fulfill as many purposes as you want with your schemes and strategies.

Well, the Squatter Marker doesn't count as a Scheme Marker whether it's claimed or not.

And yes, it's you can't place a Scheme Marker within 4" of a 'friendly' one.

You don't declare what they're for unless you have a scheme that makes you remove them, so I believe you can use them to complete any Schemes you like.

There are no strat markers to confuse with scheme markers...they are never the same......Like in Claim Jump, it is specifically called a 'Claim Marker'.

Can a particular Scheme marker only have one use (ie only count toward one Strategy or Scheme), or can you use it to complete as many Strat's and Schemes as you like.

"A single Scheme Marker may only count towards one Scheme during the Encounter."

This is from the "Choosing to Use Scheme Markers" sidebox on page 74 of the rulebook. The rules go on to say that you may choose for which Scheme you are using the marker, but that it may only be used for a single Scheme.

Thanks to all for clearing up those questions.

Am I correct in saying that you could walk off of the side of the board in v1.5 to 'kamikaze' the DM and it's Pine Boxed victim?

I obviously need to use different tokens for the Strategies and the general Scheme markers to differentiate the two and avoid token clutter confusion.

So, to clarify, if you have both 'end of turn' and 'end of game' Scheme options available in the Scheme pool, declaring that a Scheme marker has been used for an 'end of turn' - type Scheme would therefore negate it's use in an 'end of game' Scheme as well?

I believe you remove the scheme markers when scoring.

And no, you could never walk off the board.

Thanks.

No, in 1.0 you could not voluntarily walk off the edge of the board. If you were in b2b contact with the edge of the board, and you failed a Morale duel, then you would be destroyed, but you couldn't just chose to do it.

Thanks again!

No, in 1.0 you could not voluntarily walk off the edge of the board. If you were in b2b contact with the edge of the board, and you failed a Morale duel, then you would be destroyed, but you couldn't just chose to do it.

For Death Marshals in 1.0 this was even a bit more cool as they could not be "forced" to move off the board. Other models could be forced to "leave the board" if they were already touching a board edge and forced to fall back. This forced them to be sacrificed. Death Marshals in 1.0 had a rule that said they could not be sacrificed so this could not happen to them.

That was 1.0 though.