M2E Vassal Leagues - Starting October 1st

scuttlebut

Updated the league site with the latest result. The allowing of playing editing is in testing at the moment just need to fix a couple of issues all being well it should be present along with all wave 2 masters by Thursday of next week.

please check the results and if I have something wrong let me know

cheers

Edited by AdrianMills

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played my first league match Sunday against Richard. I guess my original match was cancelled due to opponent drop but Richard was on standby and contacted me right away. Richard and I played a practice game Saturday and by all means it was practice since it was my first time using Vassal and 2nd time building a M2E crew with 1st time using wave2 models. I really screwed that first game up and Richard was very gracious to call it a practice session. Sunday's game went much smoother as I am now associated with most of the Vassal functions. I am still finding new tricks and tools every time I use the program and continually impressed. As a gamer who has to travel 45 min one way just to find another malifaux player being able to cook dinner or watch a football games while playing a 40ss league match was awesome!

Ryan M.

(Mattraptor)

First of all I want to thank Joe for agreeing to play at midnight EST (I'm PST). My third game of Vassalfaux. This time I was more fluid with the tools available in the Vassal module. Is there a cheat sheet created for quick keys? Joe and I had a great game. I ran Marcus with The Sow, Blessed of December, McTavish (my favorite mini of all) and Cojo. Havingin McTavish was kind of a waste without any gremlins in my list but being able to stone and (0) Soup's On! heal all in (3") was very helpful. Because of the schemes Line in the Sand and Protect Territory having the Sow was really great late game especially when I didn't hire any peons to die early in the game. First win for me for the league and first time I played against Lilith without taking a wound from her (I KNOW, CRAZY RIGHT?). I feel Joe could have used Lilith a little more aggressively but then again I felt I had great counter charge options that could have stopped Lilith's Entourage scheme. Good game and can't wait to play round 2.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this one lost steam. Most of the groups have players with only 1 game played and we are deep in 4th round period now. (For example I gave a try to shedule my 4th game but my paired opponent with 1 game played so far didn't even bother to answer a "No, thanks!".)

I also contacted Jon a few days ago about any plans to reorganize/revitalize the structure but he seemed to became a little disappointed by the inactivity of the people and pretty much gave up the organizing task. A thing I can fully understand.

My league has actually been very active so I guess I was lucky. However, I completely agree that people lack of activity (and manners) is disappointing.

If you don't want to take part, don't sign up. Jon and Adrian both put a lot of effort into running this. the least a person could do is reply saying they can no longer take part.

My league has actually been very active so I guess I was lucky. However, I completely agree that people lack of activity (and manners) is disappointing.

If you don't want to take part, don't sign up. Jon and Adrian both put a lot of effort into running this. the least a person could do is reply saying they can no longer take part.

Yeah...they both put a lot effort in. I worked my darndest to get setup and ready to play after the house move. My first two games were fine, but can understand why Jon would feel frustrated. This was a pretty big undertaking. Sad to hear a lot of people decided to "back out".

Yeah...they both put a lot effort in. I worked my darndest to get setup and ready to play after the house move. My first two games were fine, but can understand why Jon would feel frustrated. This was a pretty big undertaking. Sad to hear a lot of people decided to "back out".

Peregrine, if you look at one of the earlier e-mails (which I'll forward to you in a bit) he had the breakdown of opponents and dates as well as strategy.

Also thanks for Jon and Adrian. I've only had a 1 no show/no response game in my league. All been great opponents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I believe the vassal Fortune Falls League is finished and wanted to give congratulations to Mythic Fox for schooling me in the art of staking a claim. Everything went without a hitch in my group, no games were missed that I know of and it was a good and challenging experience. Wanted to thank all of my opponents and throw the gauntlet into Balefirestorm and MythicFox's faces to see when I can get myself a rematch.

As for playing ten thunders, my first 3 games I went with M2 crews, so those were wonkier than the last two (Yan Lo felt weak, Shenlong felt incredibly powerful) where I went with Mei Feng with only a wild willie on board and a pure wave 1 for my last match. Global impressions on the 10 thunders is that they are string, but we reeeeeeally want some of those cheaper wave 2 toys. A lot of the 10 thunder arsenal is quite spendy and well, it's very noticeable that the faction still needs some rounding up as a whole without counting the bazillion infiltrations into the equation. Only really felt this when playing Stake a Claim since it's such a demanding strategy, so it's not that big of a deal and god knows my game with the Fox was full of a lot of mistakes I'm still reviewing in my head (NEXT TIME!).

The Southgate Station league only needs one more game and then its all done as well with Mr Ledgerwood schooling everybody with4 wins and a draw and a massive 43 VP.

I ran Colette every game, losing my first 3 and winning my last two, something that seems to reflect her rules progression too. Her earlier iteration not working as well as her current one.

Overall hugely fun, and a big thanks to all my opponents and especially to Jon and Adrian for organising the whole thing.

Well, I believe the vassal Fortune Falls League is finished and wanted to give congratulations to Mythic Fox for schooling me in the art of staking a claim. Everything went without a hitch in my group, no games were missed that I know of and it was a good and challenging experience. Wanted to thank all of my opponents and throw the gauntlet into Balefirestorm and MythicFox's faces to see when I can get myself a rematch.

No probs. I'm all up for it. Need someone to put me back on the ground after getting such an ego boost ;)

Also want to thank all the great opponents in the Fortune Falls group. Very interesting games indeed.

Thank you all for my games on both the Fortune falls and southgate station. Had really fun games and I am starting to feel I am really close to get the hand of the new edition. Even though I am still loosing most of my games at least I am starting to feel I am getting to point which things might change soon.