M2E Vassal Leagues - Starting October 1st

scuttlebut

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, posted a link to this thread in the Malifaux Vassal Google+ Community to spread the word just a tiny bit. :)

Thanks Zeil, I appreciate it :)

Where do I find the game files for M2E Vassal?

An overview for getting started with the game can be found here

A link to the specific malifaux file to load into Vassal can be found here (you want module 1.31)

Also my thanks button has gone wandering so apologies for only thanking half the sign ups

Edited by scuttlebut

I've had a couple of games against her, I wouldn't say she's NPE but she's probably not the best intro to Malifaux IMO.

I dunno, some of her bury mechanics can be frustrating. When a crew can more or less teleport your important models across the board, at the same time as denying your ability to to take interact actions, all while choosing 'when' to end the game such that it is convenient for her crew. I would say that makes for a potential NPE. Now she isn't broken, I would not say that at all. It is just that initially when someone sees her tricks it can/will be frustrating. I think after 1-2 games against her most players will quickly identify the ways to take her out.

I mean in my first game against her at Gencon, I killed her turn 3 with Seamus. She isn't hard to take out, but her abilities are something that either you need to explain to your opponent up front (which is the approach I take), or accept that your opponent may just get a little frustrated with their first experience against her. So maybe we categorize her as a FPE (Frustrating-Play-Experience) instead of a NPE. I sorta like that. :)

Edited by PeregrineFalco

<mod hat>

This probably isn't the place for the conversation.

</mod hat>

I'll just say I'm always careful about handing out the NPE and Broken labels. Especially this early on.

Meanwhile let's get back to signing up for the league. Ramos needs more people to feed to his spiders... *wink*

Edited by mythicFOX