M2E Scale

UltraQ

Because she is actually closer to the scale of the older models? Because I find that most of the smaller scale models are tiny in comparison and I would like to be able to field a mix of metals and plastics without them looking like giants?

Or maybe because I like the scope of detail on those models better?

I much prefer the scale of the viks to, say, the scale of miss step--who is really much smaller than she should be, IMHO.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because she is actually closer to the scale of the older models? Because I find that most of the smaller scale models are tiny in comparison and I would like to be able to field a mix of metals and plastics without them looking like giants?

Or maybe because I like the scope of detail on those models better?

I much prefer the scale of the viks to, say, the scale of miss step--who is really much smaller than she should be, IMHO.

Which older models? Are there pictures of amazon women next to human sized metal models on the forums somewhere? The impression I had of the new plastics is that they seemed taller, but I haven't actually compared plastics to metals side by side.

Although the scale really IS different (no doubt about it), I think its better. Good job, Wyrd, for realizing that previous plastics were just too small, and not sticking with it.

YES. I only hope they redo Lynch and the others at some point in a larger scale. I'm not a fan of truescale, it just looks like tiny junk on anything other than a monitor.

Having just opened Miss Step she looks incredibly small. I was expecting something along the size of the Steamborg Executioner, but (from looking at it) it will barely come to half that height, and 1/4 of the bulk.

I can't picture them together as someone knocked it off the gaming table and I'm still sulking about it being in pieces and chipped before I even finished the painting so haven't fixed it yet.

YES. I only hope they redo Lynch and the others at some point in a larger scale. I'm not a fan of truescale, it just looks like tiny junk on anything other than a monitor.

I think you are on to something here. We don't need taller plastics for the sake of taller plastics, we need plastics with exaggerated detail like you see on metals. That is one of the perks to having a sculptor actually sculpt a model at three up size, scan it, then make a mold of it- you retain some of that exaggerated feel in the finished plastic. With physical masters you can also get a feel for what will end up being "fiddly bits" in the final product.

Another one for that the swords are the only amazon girls:

Miss Step is same size as Rail Crew members (even smaller than I was expecting from the art!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15263[/ATTACH](pic by Dave M.)

Wow, that pic's been online for two days and already it's been snagged up and posted elsewhere. This is probably the first time in my life that my own pic was posted to a forum by someone else.

The angle doesn't do the scale any justice, but Miss Step is a lot smaller than I'd expected. I'm fine with it if Howard is a lot bigger -- women are smaller than men.

Seems to me that there's been a boo-boo with the Hired Swords box - Tara and the rest seem to be the same scale as the original plastics.

Very disappointing whatever the explanation - computer modelled plastics should have made it very easy to have consistent scale. Now we have to pretend our Viks and crew are all Amazons.

Are Wyrd going to address this scale issue or just hope we all overlook it?

Having assembled and started painting my Miss Step she does look to be the same scale as my Rail Crew, which is in line with my general Arcanists.

Making her the same size as the Steamborg model would require her to have a huge torso or be tiny compared to the metal frame she's riding in. If you keep her torso in scale with the other models then the rest of her has to scale appropriately.

Wow, that pic's been online for two days and already it's been snagged up and posted elsewhere. This is probably the first time in my life that my own pic was posted to a forum by someone else.

The angle doesn't do the scale any justice, but Miss Step is a lot smaller than I'd expected. I'm fine with it if Howard is a lot bigger -- women are smaller than men.

Practically every Mei/Ramos crew's pic is automatically saved in my pc, same instant it meets the big net xD And your bases are really cool, can't wait to see them painted :)

Needed entry in this topic of worried collectors, and since it was saved so shortly before, I also managed to quote the author. Was I a good boy? :)

If someone else wants to follow the painting contest https://www.facebook.com/events/406501336122568/

here is the growing Malifaux fb group, publicized also by sir Ericj, both on the forum and on Twitter.

End of OT

We need photos! Photos of Spiderman! - J. Jonah Jameson

Happy for Miss Step to be in scale with the rail workers since she will have the most table time in my Arcanist Mei Feng crew.

D.

In scale with them would be good, but she is supposed to be a height 3 model, not height 2. Steamborg was the correct size for the terrain I play with, i.e. was taller than the ground (2nd for Americans) floor of a building.

Its a free model so I can't really complain, but it isn't usable in the game.

Edited by AndyW

I just finished assembling my Viks box and, yeah, the scale is well off. Annoyingly, Vik of Blood appears to be to the same scale as the other plastics, but the Vik of Ashes and Ronin are bloody huge. Can't comment on Taelor as I didn't get one in the box (emailed already).

Pretty shoddy that they let this go to sale. I wouldn't mind so much if at least the Viks were the same size as each other but it's a really noticeable difference between the two.

Other than the scale being completely off, they're pretty damn nice miniatures!

This is really annoying me, actually. At first I was like, 'Yeah that's a bit crap'. But now the more I think about it the more ****ed off I am. The fact that both Viks are seemingly different scales even though they're supposed to be identical to each other is really grinding on me.

We, the paying public, would have noticed this if they'd actually shown us some miniatures instead of those EXPLETIVE DELETED renders which I've had issue with since day one. Someone must have noticed this prior to production so why didn't someone think, 'Wait, this is wrong, we can't sell this', instead of shoving them in a box and selling them anyway. It feels dirty and greedy to me, with just a slight whiff of disrespect to the fans.

So, in essence, it's not so much the product I'm annoyed with but more in the manner it was delivered. They've sold us something that is rather different than what was advertised and that is quite disheartening. Not getting Taelor in the box (which is do realise is a completely separate issue ) just rubs the salt in.

Considering there are many people in this world, of many sizes, it doesn't bother me a bit.

SECTION OF POST REMOVED BY MODERATOR

I love Malifaux and I love Wyrd, the amount of money I throw at them is proof of that, but that doesn't mean I turn a blind eye when they do something wrong or accept shoddy product for that money. And this is INCREDIBLY shoddy - as someone who has a box of these giants coming his way I think Wyrd should address the issue and their mistake.

Edited by mythicFOX

I love Malifaux and I love Wyrd, the amount of money I throw at them is proof of that, but that doesn't mean I turn a blind eye when they do something wrong or accept shoddy product for that money. And this is INCREDIBLY shoddy - as someone who has a box of these giants coming his way I think Wyrd should address the issue and their mistake.

People value different things on different levels, for me as long as the model is awesome, I could care less about scale disparate From my standpoint Transmortis was a much bigger deal than this could ever hope to be. Basically, you have all the right in the world to dislike this, but don't expect that people that don't really consider it much of a problem must be blind fanboys with no form of criteria when they aren't going "hell yeah".

Edited by mythicFOX
Part of quoted post removed

People value different things on different levels, for me as long as the model is awesome, I could care less about scale disparate From my standpoint Transmortis was a much bigger deal than this could ever hope to be. Basically, you have all the right in the world to dislike this, but don't expect that people that don't really consider it much of a problem must be blind fanboys with no form of criteria when they aren't going "hell yeah".

The problem, when it shows up, is not one of "This doesn't bother me", but a chorus of "This shouldn't bother you".

<mod voice>

Ok this is getting heated, lets calm it down a bit.

It's perfectly acceptable for you to discuss this however it is not acceptable for people to tell sections of the community what opinions there are or are not allowed to hold. People are entitled to their opinions, let's all respect that.

It was hardly an excuse or defending Wyrd, it was a personal opinion which is as valid as your own. That was one of the other major problems of the M1.5E vs M2E debate, lack of respect for peoples opinions,

I agree though, if the scale's off I'd prefer them to correct it because that would please those that think the scale is off and people that aren't bothered wouldn't be bothered either way

Edited by mythicFOX
Part of quoted post removed.

This is really annoying me, actually. At first I was like, 'Yeah that's a bit crap'. But now the more I think about it the more ****ed off I am. The fact that both Viks are seemingly different scales even though they're supposed to be identical to each other is really grinding on me.

We, the paying public, would have noticed this if they'd actually shown us some miniatures instead of those EXPLETIVE DELETED renders which I've had issue with since day one. Someone must have noticed this prior to production so why didn't someone think, 'Wait, this is wrong, we can't sell this', instead of shoving them in a box and selling them anyway. It feels dirty and greedy to me, with just a slight whiff of disrespect to the fans.

So, in essence, it's not so much the product I'm annoyed with but more in the manner it was delivered. They've sold us something that is rather different than what was advertised and that is quite disheartening. Not getting Taelor in the box (which is do realise is a completely separate issue ) just rubs the salt in.

You want to know what I think? Probably my interpretation will not be accurate, but after having predicted who my ex-girlfriend would have cheated me with, and her next three boyfriends, in their respective order(we broke less than 9 months ago, if you get her deep feelings...xD), even before going through her head, I started to trust these instinctive deductions.

Remember that mess raised (unjustified IMHO) over BVik's boobs?

I believe that, at the time, the 3D renders were ready to be sent in print. Then, after the protest, they were brought back, edited, and saved again. But this change, by (software) mistake, busted the proportions of the rest of the project, in fact the edited Vik is the only right one, and no one has been able to notice the mistake, before it went printed on a large scale, was boxed and shipped.

And I think it wasn't easy at all, to spot something this unexpected, without the specific comparison we(too late too) went through

post-12383-13911930855516_thumb.jpg

So, main ones to blame could be those trouble-overanything-makers, who have seen satisfied that form of fantasy-miniature-pseudo-feminism. Your box was the price for a slightly better world xD

Clearly, IMHO.

Peace&Love

p.s. Please, keep tones low, else is useless, and annoying for the Mods :)

-------------------

QED...

post-12383-13911930855173_thumb.jpg

Edited by r4st4f4n

You want to know what I think? Probably my interpretation will not be accurate, but after having predicted who my ex-girlfriend would have cheated me with, and her next three boyfriends, in their respective order(we broke less than 9 months ago, if you get her deep feelings...xD), even before going through her head, I started to trust these instinctive deductions.

Remember that mess raised (unjustified IMHO) over BVik's boobs?

I believe that, at the time, the 3D renders were ready to be sent in print. Then, after the protest, they were brought back, edited, and saved again. But this change, by (software) mistake, busted the proportions of the rest of the project, in fact the edited Vik is the only right one, and no one has been able to notice the mistake, before it went printed on a large scale, was boxed and shipped.

So, main ones to blame could be those trouble-overanything-makers, who have seen satisfied that form of fantasy-miniature-pseudo-feminism. Your box was the price for a slightly better world xD

Clearly, IMHO.

Excuse me, what?

Sorry about your girlfriend (not that I know what she has to do with anything to do with wargaming), and sorry about your feelings on the change to the Vik (it seems that Wyrd disagrees with your opinion there) but your explanation makes no logical sense.

If the scale issues stemmed from a change in one Viktoria model, then how come the Ronin don't match in scale either?