10T After Release of Malifaux 2.0

TekDekay

And while it will not help HD on the 10T side he can take Nexus of power if you go Neverborn. That might be able to keep him alive enough to instead favor Endless Hunger.

I suspect for me, at least at first, it is going to depend on my opponent. Between them as a person, the faction, and the Strategy I suspect will decide which upgrade I will use for 10T. That said I suspect I will more often then not be only having two upgrades on Lynch when I got 10T and very possible zero on HD.

I like this change, it makes choosing upgrade for Jakob much more difficult. With the buff to 52 Pickup, that also becomes viable and all the upgrades become potential choices.... It's almost *too* difficult to choose now - exactly as it should be.

In what way did 52 pickup get buffed? (I really want my damn book:)

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

And while it will not help HD on the 10T side he can take Nexus of power if you go Neverborn. That might be able to keep him alive enough to instead favor Endless Hunger.

I suspect for me, at least at first, it is going to depend on my opponent. Between them as a person, the faction, and the Strategy I suspect will decide which upgrade I will use for 10T. That said I suspect I will more often then not be only having two upgrades on Lynch when I got 10T and very possible zero on HD.

You are on to something! The choice of upgrade seem to be very dependent on the faced opposition. Against a caster heavy crew HD only real defense comes from the ability to use soulstones. To be able to bring it back in such situation should be really helpful.

On a similar note, do anybody feel like it is going to be a struggle for soulstones between Lynch and HD? Since both are kind of pansies and will need stones in order to survive.

WHat is the nexus of power? Everyone keeps talking about it but I'm not sure I kow what it is?

WHat is the nexus of power? Everyone keeps talking about it but I'm not sure I kow what it is?

Cost: 1

This model gains the following Ability:

Nexus: Friendly models within a6 that spend a

Soulstone heal 2 damage after the current action

is resolved.

Henchman or Enforcer, Rare 1

Cost: 1

This model gains the following Ability:

Nexus: Friendly models within a6 that spend a

Soulstone heal 2 damage after the current action

is resolved.

Henchman or Enforcer, Rare 1

O.o Holy hell! This is why I need to pay more attention to upgrades in Factions that aren't mine... >.<

In what way did 52 pickup get buffed? (I really want my damn book:)

The ability only affects a model with Brilliance, and it only happens when you shuffle the deck (ie. at the beginning of a turn). Most models would have the Brilliance condition end in the Upkeep step at the end of the previous turn, so it was very difficult to pull off due to lack of valid targets.

In the final/new version, when you activate you can choose to force a reshuffle mid-turn (adding your discard pile back into your deck in the process), and then do the damage based on the 1's you have in your hand in the same way, before everybody's Brilliance gets cleared off.

Sounds like a really good change!

Pretty cool way of dealing up to 8 damage (if it is still 2 per ace) and the ability to get some good cards back into the deck.

The obvious backside being that it is a equally potent way of getting crap cards and the black joker back too.

In sum, it seem situational, but a nice ace to have up your sleeve!

Ouch, have to reload the pungun after that one... What a "dad-joke"....

Edited by Ezyryder

The ability only affects a model with Brilliance, and it only happens when you shuffle the deck (ie. at the beginning of a turn). Most models would have the Brilliance condition end in the Upkeep step at the end of the previous turn, so it was very difficult to pull off due to lack of valid targets.

In the final/new version, when you activate you can choose to force a reshuffle mid-turn (adding your discard pile back into your deck in the process), and then do the damage based on the 1's you have in your hand in the same way, before everybody's Brilliance gets cleared off.

Or rather, they changed the ability so that instead of triggering when your deck reshuffles at the beginning of the turn, it now triggers at the end of Lynch's activation (and shuffles your deck in the process).

It's a pretty nice way to damage a model without giving them any sort of defensive flip to resist it (other than using a Soulstone).

You are on to something! The choice of upgrade seem to be very dependent on the faced opposition. Against a caster heavy crew HD only real defense comes from the ability to use soulstones. To be able to bring it back in such situation should be really helpful.

On a similar note, do anybody feel like it is going to be a struggle for soulstones between Lynch and HD? Since both are kind of pansies and will need stones in order to survive.

Yes and no I suspect. Back in the Beta I did not really have alot of problems keeping Lynch alive as he generally hanged back first turn and move into the mix from a safe entry point second turn. Generally this meant either him sitting 8" behind where the fight is happening shooting or charging an isolated target if I have the rams to kill them. He performed much more of a response position role for me rather than first striker or first wave.

For the Darkness I did not really use Stones on defense as he could come back easier, that said because I had the option of him coming back people rarely wanted to hit him unless they thought I could not get him back easy. I suspect if you don't have Rising Sun he will be very much a target and because of this he will be better off hiding behind the first wave, maybe not as far back as lynch might but a few inches. His 6" charge and 3" reach makes for a decent threat. Now if I do have Rising Sun he will likely be more upfront and ready to lay in as I would have Endless Hunger.

So to sum the thoughts, my Lynch rarely needed stones to stay alive and when he did he often did it more for Mask for Squeel. So I suspect 2 stones for him for defense, if I have Endless Hunger 1-2 stones for defense on HD, and the rest will be offense, cards or initiative. I am thinking if I go Endless Hunger I will go higher stones *likely 6-7* while if I go Rising Sun I might get away with a few less *maybe 4-6*. Overall I like using stones for offense over defense with the two as if I kill my enemy they can't kill me back normally.