"Miss" Cards for 2E

AngryBogle

I noticed that in the new arsenal boxes a few characters were missing. It does say first wave so I can understand a few of them coming out later down the road. However I wonder if we will see cards for the Miss motels from the previous Gen Cons. While I'm on the topic of the new 2E cards, will the arsenal cards share the same artwork as the 2E cards or will it be unique to match the 1E style? It would be pretty lame and possibly confusing if I just get two sets of identical cards when I get the new Death Marshalls and the Guild arsenal cards.

It has been confirmed that they have no plans at this time to produce alternate cards either for "miss" models, or for nightmare models of previous years.

Is this really confirmed or are you just trying to drive down prices of Miss Terious so you can buy her and run her with your Tara crew? :1_Happy_Puppet1:

If it's the second, I fully support you. I think an undead Miss Terious would be so cool!

I'm guessing they will be the same cards as those in the boxes, M2E artwork. The arsenal boxes are made to be compatible with M2E (as shown by it being the only way to get upgrade cards for now) and not really M1E. It's the cheaper to make one set of cards rather than two. But we can always hope...

Color coding or numbering the models and their M2E cards might be a good back up plan.

Nightmare Hanged are really the only models that were hit hard by this since every other Miss/Nightmare model is easily proxied. The Nightmare hanged however are on larger bases than non-nightmare hanged meaning they needed their cards to be played. We may get lucky and have the TTB stretch goal hanging tree come with M2E cards, but that is a long shot...

Is this really confirmed or are you just trying to drive down prices of Miss Terious so you can buy her and run her with your Tara crew? :1_Happy_Puppet1:

If it's the second, I fully support you. I think an undead Miss Terious would be so cool!

I have an undead miss terious with my dead justice crew...

I've got one still in box, and I'm waiting for the plastic character sets from my TTB pledge to see if there's some interesting conversions worth doing. Undead death marshall is one of those ideas.

Mine is in a display case in the painting contest here at gencon!

I too seem to recall that in one of the faction deck beta threads. I think there was a question on contents in terms of where the dual faction masters would be along with the Miss and Nightmares (maybe Lady J was asked about specifically since the Dead Justice box had two cards for each model) and they basically said no plans for making M2E cards for the limited edition stuff.

I can't remember if it was in a beta thread, or just in a podcast, but they had no plans at that time to do it. And to be honest I'll be using most of my figures with the "wrong" model on the card anyway as the Arsenal cards are the 2nd edition artwork, not the first. As far as I know the Arsenal cards are identical to the cards you would get in the box, so the 3 death marshall cards in the Arsenal box will be the same as the 3 death marshal cards you have in the Death marshal box, and the same as the 3 death marshal cards you get in the Justice box.

Whilst I agree it would be nice to have cards to match our limited edition models (and our 1st edition models) I can understand why the creation and distribution just isn't worth the hassle from wyrds point of view

I still have to paint mine to match my Dead Justice crew. Already painted my alt Executioner to match. Now he's also another alt Flesh Construct.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

I had mentioned on the beta thread that after M2E was fully released, and if it was completely ok with wyrd, I could make nightmare and miss cards as PDFs for anyone that needs them.

I hope they sign off. So many cards that just won't be making it over, beyond just the limited edition models. If the pic on the card is supposed to be of the model on the field, so that we don't apply wounds to the wrong models, then trying to match version one sculpts to version two cards isn't going to work. More so when you get to models where we'll want more than the two included in an Arsenal pack, Canine Remains, for example. We already have four different sculpts. We might want the two new ones as well, depending on our lists, so we wouldn't be able to use them. Sure, we can put dice next to the model (cluttering the field) or put numbers on the bases of the models and on the stat cards / model tracking sheet. But where's the fun in that. With Upgrades, we already have more cards to track than before.

I had mentioned on the beta thread that after M2E was fully released, and if it was completely ok with wyrd, I could make nightmare and miss cards as PDFs for anyone that needs them.

That would be great! :)

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

[quote=i_was_like_you;604404

I hope they sign off. So many cards that just won't be making it over, beyond just the limited edition models. If the pic on the card is supposed to be of the model on the field, so that we don't apply wounds to the wrong models, then trying to match version one sculpts to version two cards isn't going to work. More so when you get to models where we'll want more than the two included in an Arsenal pack, Canine Remains, for example. We already have four different sculpts. We might want the two new ones as well, depending on our lists, so we wouldn't be able to use them. Sure, we can put dice next to the model (cluttering the field) or put numbers on the bases of the models and on the stat cards / model tracking sheet. But where's the fun in that. With Upgrades, we already have more cards to track than before.

That would be great! :)

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Thank you! Someone understands my concerns about the new cards for the old models to a T. I would think Wyrd would go the extra mile and put in a nice touch like different artwork for 1st edition players on the arsenal cards.

That would be nice, but simply be too much money. Essentially, they would have to make a whole new run of cards (and new packaging) and the return probably would not be worth it.

Customer loyally isn't worth it? Pretty sure that's what makes a business stay around these days. I'm thankful enough they are carrying over the old models but I'm pretty sure just adding the old motel pictures (much like how it is now on the 1st edition cards) wouldn't put a huge dent in Wyrd's budget.

I have no idea what it cost Wyrd to create and print decks. But considering you are talking about putting out 6 or 7 entirely new decks that are likely going to have a limited appeal it could be more money than they are willing to spend for the sake of doing so. Not to mention that it doubles up on the SKUs for decks and it produces two different decks, yet identical, just to confuse people. And since they going to want to produce models based on the new art work, those are not the decks they are going to want to sell to new people.

Now I have no idea what their plans are, but I could certainly understand why it might not be attractive for Wyrd to do so, on several levels.

I know it's lame, but like a bad Passport forger, I will probably just cut out pics of the old models sized to the appropriate rectangle to superimpose over the Arsenal deck cards and use some acid-free scrapbook stick-um dots to attach them to the cards.

Once sleeved they will be fine and make it more clear which card reps which model.

The chances of Wyrd making two decks for every faction, one with the old art and one with the new (or a double size deck with both), just does not seem like a realistic scenario, so it will have to do.

Customer loyally isn't worth it? Pretty sure that's what makes a business stay around these days. I'm thankful enough they are carrying over the old models but I'm pretty sure just adding the old motel pictures (much like how it is now on the 1st edition cards) wouldn't put a huge dent in Wyrd's budget.

From what little I have seen, Wyrd is pretty good about trying to create customer loyalty. But it still would be a bad idea for them to produce something that quite possibly could lose money for the reasons Gorbad pointed out.

But don't get me wrong. I am simply saying it is an entirely understandable decision and not a thoughtless disregard for the customers. I am not saying you (or anyone else) cannot try to convince Wryd to come out with an alternative Arsenal pack later on. Honestly, I can get behind the idea (easier than writing descriptions on my current cards, especially for Rotten Belles which I love the plastic enough where I plan to pick it up eventually). I would definitely throw some money on a Kickstarter campaign for it (at least enough to get the ones I need). It probably would not be a bad idea for Wyrd since they could gauge how many people are actually interested and how many are fine with simply using the regular Arsenal Packs.

I have no idea what it cost Wyrd to create and print decks. But considering you are talking about putting out 6 or 7 entirely new decks that are likely going to have a limited appeal it could be more money than they are willing to spend for the sake of doing so. Not to mention that it doubles up on the SKUs for decks and it produces two different decks, yet identical, just to confuse people. And since they going to want to produce models based on the new art work, those are not the decks they are going to want to sell to new people.

Now I have no idea what their plans are, but I could certainly understand why it might not be attractive for Wyrd to do so, on several levels.

I never once said they should release new decks. I said it would of been nice if they did what I suggested in the first place. I feel it would of made things less confusing when mixing models, much how i_was_like_you suggested.

Edited by AngryBogle

I never once said they should release new decks. I said it would of been nice if they did what I suggested in the first place. I feel it would of made things less confusing when mixing models, much how i_was_like_you suggested.

That necessarily means printing a new deck. The arsenal decks as they stand have duplicated efforts since the new models will use the cards from the arsenal. If they did a second set, they'd need to be printing different cards entirely exclusively for the arsenal. The arsenals would likely be a few dollars more expensive because of this.