Obligatory "What is different from the beta?" thread

DeleteAccount

You didn't think Pass through or Unimpeded were worth fighting for?

There was a lot of dicussion about the SA Swarm, and a lot of good ideas were thrown around by people. I like the cinematic feel of the swarm picking up enemy and carrying them away. Like ants in old cartoons.

Edited by mythicFOX

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked one of my buddies for a couple of things about Lilith (since that's one of my favorites):

1. Lilith is Ml7 naturally

2. The upgrade that increased her Ml and reach reduced to cost 2

3. Waldgeist forests do NOT have Dense

4. Black Blood Pustule does a flat 2 damage to enemy models rather than 1/3/4

So some good news and some bad news. Illusionary forest is still Dense?

That's awesome. I was expecting Tannen or Graves to go henchman. Pleasantly surprised!

Same.

but no, he's a full Henchman now with all the responsibilities. The downside is that he loses his ability to pick up Casting Expert as a Leader since that Upgrade sits on Lynch now. The upside is that in a full game with Lynch as a leader Huggy now has 2 slots at his disposal since Lynch can carry his Casting Expert luggage.

Most of the Dark Debts upgrades got reworked as well.

Same.

but no, he's a full Henchman now with all the responsibilities. The downside is that he loses his ability to pick up Casting Expert as a Leader since that Upgrade sits on Lynch now. The upside is that in a full game with Lynch as a leader Huggy now has 2 slots at his disposal since Lynch can carry his Casting Expert luggage.

Most of the Dark Debts upgrades got reworked as well.

Very intriguing....

Does Hungering Darkness' ability to return to the board after death (previously a Lynch upgrade) still sit on Lynch, or did it move to HD so that he can return when he leads the crew?

Can't wait to receive my cards now!

Note: all comparisons are with the last set of low res cards, which I hope were the same as the high res ones. If not, some of this might be old news.

The Rising Sun - Huggy doesn't die and come back anymore, instead works more like Beta Levi. Bury, heal and return. Upgrade lost Squeal.

Expert Cheater - Got a price bump but picked up Squeal.

Wanna See A Trick - is functional! I can't wait to try it out now. Triggers a shuffle at the end of Lynch's activation. It also got cheaper.

Endless Hunger - cheaper, and not as good. Good change though. Lynch has to carry it, meaning that Hungry is better when he's around.

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Very intriguing....

Does Hungering Darkness' ability to return to the board after death (previously a Lynch upgrade) still sit on Lynch, or did it move to HD so that he can return when he leads the crew?

Still sits on Lynch, but it's a lot cooler now since he doesn't die, he Leviticuses...

Researching...

Francois still can go infinite... or well, to nine because he takes wounds.

The scheme table got changed slightly, nothing big, but Frame for Murder moved, changing most of the numbers.

Bodyguard starts scoring at turn 4 now and gives you a kick if you survive the whole game.

Cursed Object got a great rewrite! It doesn't use scheme markers anymore, you hand cursed objects to your opponent and they have to dump them otherwise you can remove the conditions to score at the end of the turn (max one per turn).

Vendetta may not be revealed. There is an exception made for zero cost models, so Vik can't just...choose it for everyone. It now scores in a 1,2,3 for: attacking first, having target gone at end of game and doing it yourself. It's not an all or nothing proposition anymore.

Make Them Suffer again, not all or nothing. It is now about having your Master and Henchmen kill the enemies every turn to score. One point per turn for killing at least one enemy Minion or Peon.

Take Prisoner score 2 points now

Spring the trap doesn't rely on your enemy coming into your half to score full points anymore, but gets a bonus for your opponent having equal to or greater models in their crew when the trap is sprung.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

Power Ritual can only score one table corner within your deployment now.

Enough from me, back to the Con!

Cursed Object got a great rewrite! It doesn't use scheme markers anymore, you hand cursed objects to your opponent and they have to dump them otherwise you can remove the conditions to score at the end of the turn (max one per turn).

Sounds an awful lot like Distract...?

Nice change!

Vendetta may not be revealed. There is an exception made for zero cost models, so Vik can't just...choose it for everyone. It now scores in a 1,2,3 for: attacking first, having target gone at end of game and doing it yourself. It's not an all or nothing proposition anymore.

Make Them Suffer again, not all or nothing. It is now about having your Master and Henchmen kill the enemies every turn to score. One point per turn for killing at least one enemy Minion or Peon.

Take Prisoner score 2 points now

Spring the trap doesn't rely on your enemy coming into your half to score full points anymore, but gets a bonus for your opponent having equal to or greater models in their crew when the trap is sprung.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

Enough from me, back to the Con!

Liking most of these changes. not exactly happy about power ritual, but it makes sense.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Specifically, not liking that you have to move so far (all the way to both of your opponents corners in standard deployment) just to hit all three points, in a scheme that is fairly predictable from the pool and the way you place markers. On the other hand, I perfectly understand why it was a problem before. Just seems like one of the more difficult ones now.