Obligatory "What is different from the beta?" thread

DeleteAccount

Basically, what the title says. Pretty much me hoping that the happy guys at gencon come over here after digesting some of the new content and share any big changes that might have occurred since the last beta files we saw.

I bag fat honking thanks to anybody that wishes to contribute to this thread.

Since this is a day early for the con (sue me, I'm European, I'm technically in the 15th already), please add all the useless banter and wild baseless speculation you want to spruce up the thread till something more concrete comes out of the oven.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please add all the useless banter and wild baseless speculation you want to spruce up the thread till something more concrete comes out of the oven.

Well if you insist. I have it on good authority that...

1. Death Marshalls got their well deserved Nerf and are now Df3, Wp3.

2. Rasputina needed a slight boost, so her Decembers Curse now ignores cover and has an 18" range.

3. They were looking to add another unique, never-before tried twist to the game, so killing the opposing Master is now an auto-win for the player.

4. You now roll 10-sided dice for a few key things, like Horror Duels, Simple Duels and Opposed duels.

I think a few SS costs changed, but I was too busy finding an excuse to Ban Ausplosions to really notice. ;)

Fear not, Professor! I read on page 1337 of the M2E rulebook ("Uncut, Wet, and Wild" - It was only $100 more!) that anyone who uses the name Ausplosions in any forum is banned forever from playing Malifaux, even casually. ;)

Awwww don't worry, 'Splodey, we love you. :)

~Lil Kalki

The biggest difference I've noticed so far is that the forward from Eric is a plea to keep Razhem in the dark about the book.

Really?... THE FIEND!

Rathnard, your baseless speculation sounds incredibly solid and I would call MADNESS if it was not true. I've also heard from reliable sources that Ramos will be able to summon 3 Howard Langstons from a scarp counter since they will now count as steam arachnids. Nicodem will still be the best summoner with the ability to summon himself in various sassy swimsuit poses.

Well if you insist. I have it on good authority that...

1. Death Marshalls got their well deserved cuddle and are now Df3, Wp3.

2. Rasputina needed a slight boost, so her Decembers Curse now ignores cover and has an 18" range.

3. They were looking to add another unique, never-before tried twist to the game, so killing the opposing Master is now an auto-win for the player.

4. You now roll 10-sided dice for a few key things, like Horror Duels, Simple Duels and Opposed duels.

I think a few SS costs changed, but I was too busy finding an excuse to Ban Ausplosions to really notice. ;)

As if you need an excuse.

I asked one of my buddies for a couple of things about Lilith (since that's one of my favorites):

1. Lilith is Ml7 naturally

2. The upgrade that increased her Ml and reach reduced to cost 2

3. Waldgeist forests do NOT have Dense

4. Black Blood Pustule does a flat 2 damage to enemy models rather than 1/3/4

A few more goodies while I've got a keyboard:

Ramos - Summon the Swarm now reduces by armor again, with reminder text.

December Acolyte - the Sh on his harpoon gun is now Sh 6.

Steam Arachnid Swarm - picked up a new trigger on his melee attack:

:masks Carry Away: After damaging, push the target 4" directly away, then push this model into base contact with the target.

I asked one of my buddies for a couple of things about Lilith (since that's one of my favorites):

1. Lilith is Ml7 naturally

2. The upgrade that increased her Ml and reach reduced to cost 2

3. Waldgeist forests do NOT have Dense

4. Black Blood Pustule does a flat 2 damage to enemy models rather than 1/3/4

Very glad to hear this! Living Blade was an auto-include in it's beta form. Now it's still great, but no longer a requirement for her. :D

I'm a little sad to see the Waldgeist forests lose dense, but it was needed I think.