Tara crew

caen

Stats for Tara Crew are in the WYRD Chronicles 7

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?45819-Wyrd-Chronicles-Vol-7&p=599657#post599657

I like the mechanism of limiting DEF of Beast and Wretch by number of cards in control hand.

Knowledge of Eternity probably will be must have due to positive flip for initiative - Activating Tara first and using Temporal Shift (discarding whole hand) can be great advantage when Beast and Wretch has DEF reaching beyond the scale of models in Open Beta.

Of course no cards in Controll Hand is quite dangerous ...

Edited by caen

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw something on the nothing beast though: pure notingness => -1DF for each card in its hand for the remainder of the duel. It should say in its controller's hand. I think this was just an oversight.

I tkink You are 100% right - if not my Nothing Beast will NEVER has cards in his hand ;)

Edited by caen

Lady J with a frontline bead on Tara. *grin*

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

Anyway, with less cheek, I'm just saying that being so committed to one way of looking at a tool is a great way to get yourself in trouble. Yes, there are going to be turns where it's going to be absolutely to your advantage to ditch the cards. For example, against a shooty list, have Tara go, do her gimmick, drop your hand and then lead in with the Nothing Beast and Wretches. People are going to have problems. But alternatively, if you get too used to doing that, you'll miss situations where it is a bad idea.

Its an interesting quandry.

You gain a great defense, but lose the chance to cheat, and can't use several abilities like Void, Long forgotten magics or even Defensive stance.

I'm personally expecting to trash the rubbish cards in my hand and hold onto 2 or 3 for when I really need them. Like hitting something. Well at least when I have 2 or 3 good cards (or want to pretend I do).

But experiences in play may well change that.

Question on Tara's 0 Eternal Moment action. It says after all friendly models have activated she gains reactivate. My question is, if you have a friendly model buried who hadn't previously activated in the turn, but all other friendly models had activated, would she get to reactivate? It states in the new Burying rules that models don't activate when buried, but it also says they aren't considered in play, so I'm not sure which way to read it.

When all friendly models in play have activated, she would then get Reactivate.

Joel's right, Defensive Stance is going to be amazing for Nothing Beast and Wretches. Much preferable to hand dumping using Tara's ability, or at least preferable to dumping all six cards.

I've read Tara. Twice. Then shuffled around the outcasts. Twice. I still don't know who can go with her aside her box.

I can't seem to see hidden sinergies aside bury bishop-->fast bishop-->deliver bishop (change the name with the beatstick/objective grabber of your choice).

I guess I'l have to try something, but I'm not sure I really want to.

I've read Tara. Twice. Then shuffled around the outcasts. Twice. I still don't know who can go with her aside her box.

I can't seem to see hidden sinergies aside bury bishop-->fast bishop-->deliver bishop (change the name with the beatstick/objective grabber of your choice).

I guess I'l have to try something, but I'm not sure I really want to.

You found a prize well done.

She can take any outcast model when working for outcast.

or any resser model when working as a resser.

Depending on upgrades she can have death marshalls in both sets and her specific models from her crew.

She's quite versitile and yes the fast bishop out of the ground is very fun.

What makes Bishop especially nice in combination with her is that he can target Wp with his attacks - and that Tara (and the Nightmare Beast) can inflict some serious penalties on the Wp of Fast enemies...

Tara's Crew needs few cards in order to have any kind of workable Df. To dump cards she needs to Activate before anyone, so it seems Knowledge of Eternity is a must.

However, having no cards at all is Bad. Tally Sheet would probably help, and Taelor would probably be the lady to hold it, possibly in conjunction with Tara. Bury her at start of game, drop her as close as possible to enemy Crew?

Meanwhile, I can't necessarily see Tara surviving in the middle of the enemy, especially if she's activating first to get Reactivate and buff her Crew's Df. Knowledge of Eternity seems to solve this to an extent, but I can't see the Peacebringer killing much. Dead of Winter would seem almost vital to help Knowledge go off in the first place.

All that being said, with only 5 turns per game nowadays, any kind of Burying (especially at range) is probably very strong if it can last out the turn.

I know it's really early days, but as someone who can't play at the minute; has anybody tried Tara on the table yet? I'm getting pretty frustrated with the ideas bouncing around and no opportunity to deploy them!

You found a prize well done.

She can take any outcast model when working for outcast.

or any resser model when working as a resser.

Depending on upgrades she can have death marshalls in both sets and her specific models from her crew.

She's quite versitile and yes the fast bishop out of the ground is very fun.

Considering that he can get 4 AP (2 + 1 Swift and then +1 from fast) yeah that can be real good. Charge then flurry?

Tara's Crew needs few cards in order to have any kind of workable Df. To dump cards she needs to Activate before anyone, so it seems Knowledge of Eternity is a must.

However, having no cards at all is Bad. Tally Sheet would probably help, and Taelor would probably be the lady to hold it, possibly in conjunction with Tara. Bury her at start of game, drop her as close as possible to enemy Crew?

Meanwhile, I can't necessarily see Tara surviving in the middle of the enemy, especially if she's activating first to get Reactivate and buff her Crew's Df. Knowledge of Eternity seems to solve this to an extent, but I can't see the Peacebringer killing much. Dead of Winter would seem almost vital to help Knowledge go off in the first place.

All that being said, with only 5 turns per game nowadays, any kind of Burying (especially at range) is probably very strong if it can last out the turn.

I know it's really early days, but as someone who can't play at the minute; has anybody tried Tara on the table yet? I'm getting pretty frustrated with the ideas bouncing around and no opportunity to deploy them!

She's next on my to do list. At least running a game against myself to see her interactions in a bit more than Theoryfaux 2.0, and then trying her out against a friend. Should only take a couple turns on the table to see what works, what doesn't, and what I need to do more reading on.

On the surface, she's a very Rising Powers master, even for 2.0. I'm hoping she's balanced enough that we don't have to see her cuddled, a la Dreamer and Hamelin.