What miniatures thing have you just bought?

Lussuria

I currently don't have a paypal account and that's a good thing.

Miss Step and the need for M2E rulebook & arsenal packs might change that in a weeks time.

As a heads up, in years past, Paypal orders processed much more smoothly than regular orders through Wyrd's store during Gencon. Not sure all of the logistics on it, but after a few failed attempts at just using my debit card, then having paypal go through smoothly, that's my goto option for the Gencon sales.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put in an order today for:

• Another copy of Puppet Wars Unstitched (Birthday gift for a friend)
  • Colette Du Bois (On her own)
  • Angelica (On her own)
  • Major Hayley (War Machine mini)
  • Vallejo paint thinner medium
  • Some static green grass
  • and some green tufts for baseing

Photos to come when everything arrives *grin* ... because I love taking pictures of things haha.

Picked these up as they were suggested to me as a 'must have' item for my cleaning up of Metal minis.

post-13642-1391193056501_thumb.jpg

And got my girlies!!

post-13642-13911930565148_thumb.jpg

* Warmachine mini not pictured as she arrived with missing parts and some type of cleaning fluid trapped in her box that had fused her stat cards to the plastic.

aaaaand finally, my basing things...

post-13642-13911930565338_thumb.jpg

Can't wait to put some of this grass on my bases!! *grin*

bought some stuff online because i cant be trusted online at work when its slow.

-teddy:friend is making a teddybear counts as skinks bloodbowl team and needed a big creepy one for his kroxigor.

-M2E rulebook: something to flip through at work and see if i like the feel of the game, if not its always good painting reference for models.

-plastic box of 2 beckoners (look like fun break from scifi models, and will be objectives in games)

-plastic box of 3 ronin (these are the thigh high wearing punk girls and look like fun break from scifi models, and will be objectives in games)

-plastic box of 3 demon babies things. because why not. i'll probably use them as characters in my demon army for 40k. but they look cool.

and that was enough for a miss step too.

I ordered the Nightmare Tara and will get Miss Step for free. Otherwise most of my recent mini purchases have been Kickstarters. Three Warmachine starter kits with the coupon from the video game Kickstarter, the Kickstarter exclusive Warmachine minis from the same Kickstarter, Robotech Tactics, All Quiet on the Martian Front, and Cthulhu Wars are the most recent. I will be getting in on the Incursion reprint and it will come with plastic minis as well.

Edited by victorpofa

Not sure if this qualifies as I didn't "buy" it, but a friend gifted me all of their miniatures stuff as they haven't been into it for a few years and thought I would like some other minis to paint! Eeeeee, so so nice.

1_zps730300c4.jpg

In addition, purchased myself:

• Some green stuff
  • Simple Green for paint stripping
  • Hobby Saw
  • Balsa Wood

Gonna make me some bases!! *grin*

Edited by Lussuria

@Luss: I see some GW horses... that reminds me that I have an unpainted a conversion of centaur I made from GW horse and a Fianna(Confrontation) torso.

Also on the horse topic, I have Levi avatar and 4 riders that need a paintjob.

Anyway you could build commoners for Malifaux with those minis if you're an aspiring sculptor. Leftover miniatures always have a lot of potential and I used a lot of my unused Confrontation for converting, but I still hope that the game is going to live again one day, so I'm doing that sparingly, so I plan to get those as soon as possible.

Is anyone using commoners on their terrain pieces or do you think that it looks too static for living people and animals to be just standing around?

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

On topic.

During Gencon I've placed an order Shadows of Redchapel, University of Transmortis, Dead Doxies, Ponto and Molly for the playtesting of Mollys crew in 2nd Wave Beta and since I placed order during the time when only Gremlin Arsenal Box was avaliable I've got only one pack of cards on its arrival. Plus the Coloring Book...

I'll get the other arsenal boxes and the rulebook somewhere during September. I'm also keeping some 20 blisters of metal and 5 already existing boxes of 10T plastic in my sights. It is unknown for how long will the metal minis be still avaliable and I'm not a gambling man, so I'm getting those as soon as possible.

There should be a pack of Kensei Fantasy Miniatures I'm getting through a kickstarter of the same name arriving for me some time soon (first hell clan, then earth clan).

Edited by Linus Mcmold
hair trigger

Looks like quite a bit of stuff there. Anything interesting?

As I don't have enough knowledge to look at a mini and recognise what it is, I might be not recognizing something of particular interest in the box because of my own in-experience.

But the things I personally LIKED the most...

2_zps0aee60a7.jpg

There are some Dark Elf Dark Riders, A Horse wearing Armour (Don't know who his rider is though or what it's called), A guy riding what looks like a fat Raptor (my friend called him a Cold One? I think?) aaaannndd...there are some piggies pulling a wooden cart *grin* I love the piggies (hairy boars).

Most everything else appears to be a mix of Goblins, Dark Elves (I think?) and Human guys wearing kind of bard looking gear with guns and pikes.

@Luss: I see some GW horses... that reminds me that I have an unpainted a conversion of centaur I made from GW horse and a Fianna(Confrontation) torso.

Also on the horse topic, I have Levi avatar and 4 riders that need a paintjob.

Anyway you could build commoners for Malifaux with those minis if you're an aspiring sculptor. Leftover miniatures always have a lot of potential and I used a lot of my unused Confrontation for converting, but I still hope that the game is going to live again one day, so I'm doing that sparingly, so I plan to get those as soon as possible.

Is anyone using commoners on their terrain pieces or do you think that it looks too static for living people and animals to be just standing around?

Oh! Commoners! Didn't think of that!

My plan with them at the moment (other than practicing painting) is I'm going to use some as stand in's for mini's for some friends to use that don't have some of their own so that we can have a game - and also using some random guns and shields floating around to try my hand at a couple of conversions - but that won't be any time soon haha.

Edited by Lussuria

those are all games workshop. the bard looking humans are empire. the raptor is indeed a "cold one" and is a mount for dark elves. their version of heavy cavalry. the dark riders are dark ellves light cavalry. the armored horse is likely from a high elf dragon prince. the cart pulled by piggies would be an orc boar chariot. gobblins use wolves to pull their faster lighter chariots.

have fun with your box of goodies.

those are all games workshop. the bard looking humans are empire. the raptor is indeed a "cold one" and is a mount for dark elves. their version of heavy cavalry. the dark riders are dark ellves light cavalry. the armored horse is likely from a high elf dragon prince. the cart pulled by piggies would be an orc boar chariot. gobblins use wolves to pull their faster lighter chariots.

have fun with your box of goodies.

Ah! In that case I was incorrect. I do not have Goblins, I have Orcs. Haha. And thankyou :)

It appears that a certain type of glue used in some of their original assembly has eaten through the plastic, so now I'm busy production lining green stuff repairs and paint stripping. Eep!