A couple questions with Unstitched...

I searched the forum and I did not really find any answers to my questions. OKAY. So Jewomie and I played our first game of puppet wars: unstitched today. A couple questions came up during the game.

1. My executioner went up against his punk. The punk already had 1 rip (with 2 stitches left). My executioner, with the Power +1, did 2 rips which would tear him apart. The punk has the ability that he gets an attack action after suffering rips. Our question is, would the punk get to do his attack action before he was torn apart???

2. The Razorspine Rattler has an ability that gives target paralyzed. It requires 1 tomb and ranged 2. There are a couple questions this raised. Would the rattler take an exhaust token for doing the ability? I didn't think it would because it is an ability not an action... but we were unsure. Also, does the target get to defend? I wasn't sure since it was an ability... not an action.

3. This may be a stupid question, but you don't shuffle your deck as the game goes on, right? If so, what do you do when you run out of cards? (probably shuffle. lol)

Thanks guys!!!!

While not official in any real way here is what I would suggest.

I searched the forum and I did not really find any answers to my questions. OKAY. So Jewomie and I played our first game of puppet wars: unstitched today. A couple questions came up during the game.

1. My executioner went up against his punk. The punk already had 1 rip (with 2 stitches left). My executioner, with the Power +1, did 2 rips which would tear him apart. The punk has the ability that he gets an attack action after suffering rips. Our question is, would the punk get to do his attack action before he was torn apart???

Page 24 of the rulebook says that as soon as a puppet suffers his last Rip he is removed from the board. I would infer that this would prevent the Punk Zombie from executing the attack from "He Started It!" as it would no longer be "in play".

2. The Razorspine Rattler has an ability that gives target paralyzed. It requires 1 tomb and ranged 2. There are a couple questions this raised. Would the rattler take an exhaust token for doing the ability? I didn't think it would because it is an ability not an action... but we were unsure. Also, does the target get to defend? I wasn't sure since it was an ability... not an action.

It is actually an action not an ability so would induce an exhausted token.

The target would not get a chance to resist as it is not an attack.

3. This may be a stupid question, but you don't shuffle your deck as the game goes on, right? If so, what do you do when you run out of cards? (probably shuffle. lol)

Thanks guys!!!!

When the deck runs dry you should re-shuffle.

As I understand it, shouldn't Punk Zombie's Built of Strong Stuff ability prevent him from taking two rips at once? Therefore, Executioner wouldn't be able to Tear Apart the Punk Zombie, allowing it to perform his counter-attack.

My question to you though, is where that ability comes from...

It is actually an action not an ability so would induce an exhausted token.

The target would not get a chance to resist as it is not an attack.

now is that on a fixed card or was it just a typo that we'll have to fix. the only reason why I'm hoping that it is a card that can be replaced is that we are currently assembling/painting a puppet wars set for a local game store to have as a demo. I would hate for the store to have the incorrect cards for new players.

now is that on a fixed card or was it just a typo that we'll have to fix. the only reason why I'm hoping that it is a card that can be replaced is that we are currently assembling/painting a puppet wars set for a local game store to have as a demo. I would hate for the store to have the incorrect cards for new players.

It is from the entry found on the Puppet Wars Unstitched site here which is different than the cards in the box. Not sure which takes precedence however would assume it is the digital media as that is the easiest method of errata.

Also as an ability it doesn't really make sense as all the other "abilities" modify something else where as that one doesn't modify anything and definitely resolves as an action.

I would hazard the bet that it was just a typo as there is at least one other that is like this (Malifaux Cherub).

Edited by Omenbringer