Art work for whiskey golem

Boon

Hey guys, have you seen the art work for, what I guess is, the whiskey golem tweeted by Eric?

https://twitter.com/ericjgames

(on the left hand side under photos and videos!)

I see hard times coming for my wallet :)

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

here the right link to the picture:

https://twitter.com/ericjgames/status/359189600650031105/photo/1

Edited by Boon

Good question :)

May be Upgrade cards. But I am not sure, if even the first set comes separate from the stats cards.

Didn't Mack mention something about them separate to make it easier for updates?

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

I see rgarbonzo posted it first :)

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?45491-Gremlin-Art

I promise I looked hard before starting mine.

The Golem looks nice. Really nice!

But seriously, what's up with the new art work of Gremlins?!!

I hate the fact that they have no noses and I really miss the in-bread, moonshine, redneck look. Is it just me feeling this?

Edited by Bahoola

The Golem looks nice. Really nice!

But seriously, what's up with the new art work of Gremlins?!!

I hate the fact that they have no noses and I really miss the in-bread, moonshine, redneck look. Is it just me feeling this?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they never had noses. I still get the redneck look, although they look more prepped for battle and less "oh ****, a neverborn in my front yard. Better grab my hat and banjo and kill it".

Did not know that that was the original sculp, (nose less that is) sense every gremlin model in the crewlist has a nose. But then again, Malifuax is a quite new game to me. Only played it about 2 years.

Now when I come to think about it, I bought my first crewbox in second-hand, all had v1 cards and the warpig had the text "porkchop express" written on the inside of the side. did wyrd do gremlin mins with out noses before that crewbox?

Some of the gremlins in that crew box don't have noses. Somer, the rider on the warpig, and at least one of the bayou gremlins don't have one. I think the "issue" fluff-wise is that gremlins still have a sort of nasal ridge, but don't actually have noses. This ridge, which when covered with muscle and skin would look more like a small mound, is more pronounced on some gremlins than others.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Burt and Wong also have a detectable nose. I think it's more that gremlins are what they are because of the magical energies of Malifaux. Magical mutation combined with high reproduction rates probably means you get some major variations on appearances.

I had to go over the models, and what you are saying is indeed very true. 19 models has noses and 4 dose not and I’m unsure on 2 models (young Lacroix). Any how, thanks for the info. I understand what it comes from now, I still don’t like it but it dose not bother me any more, so thanks!

@ Piranhamoose: Where did you read that with the magic involved in the Cataclysm? I am very interested in every Gremlin fluff I can get my fingers on :)

I like the magical mutation. Will start calling the guys from the neighbor village magically mutated. Let's see how they react :)

I think I read it here on the forums actually, so it could just be hearsay. I'm currently reworking may way through all the fluff (I'm in book 2 right now) in preparation for the new book release. I think they've stated that either in book 1 or 2 of 2E they're actually going to be looking at the gremlins place in Malifaux and their connection to the various major events. I think Mack said that in a podcast.

It is just that I don't recall it. If it is from the forum that would explain it.

Book 1 had only some fluff next to the models and there was nothing mentioned about it. Book 2 had way more fluff for Gremlins. But it was more the diary of that explorer plus the fluff for the models.

I hope so much to get more Gremlin specific fluff :)

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

BTW can't wait for the second book of TtB.

It could also have come from podcast interviews or the Through the Break Kickstarter streams. I've been so inconsistent with my intake on the fluff over the years, I can't keep track of where everything comes from, not to mention the very normal human habit of creating false memories. This is why I'm rereading all of it, and will try to reread all of it before each major release from now on.