M2E Marcus

dgraz

Yeah. I do prefer some of the old ones and with never knowing when the 2.0 ones come out, I might be in a long wait to play Marcus.

Is the Dawn serpent posted anywhere online yet? I think Cojo looks quite awesome! I prefer the old razorspine, the new sabretooth, the old marcus, the new myranda :P

Yeah. I do prefer some of the old ones and with never knowing when the 2.0 ones come out, I might be in a long wait to play Marcus.

Is the Dawn serpent posted anywhere online yet? I think Cojo looks quite awesome! I prefer the old razorspine, the new sabretooth, the old marcus, the new myranda :P

haha...we could almost trade. I like the new rattler and the old saber, I like the new marcus (although I think his 2nd sculpt is my favorite) and I like the old Myranda.........I don't know where I'm at on Cojo.

I haven't seen any picks of the Dawn Serpent on line.

Wow. I like 'em both!

Dgraz I also like the alt sculpt for Marcus. But I'm atm leaning towards the original as my favourite. I don't like the new sculpt, at least the art, might be different as a sculpt and own paints but they've been quite accurate.

Did Marcus hold his 0 Wild heart and in what way?

Did Marcus hold his 0 Wild heart and in what way?

He did, via Upgrade cards. But it's now split (being Limited, he only gets to take up to one of the following).

Trail of Gods

Discard any number of cards at activation. Get one of the following per Tome discarded, plus one, until EoT.

+2 Damage, +3Wk, +Melee Master

Gods Domain

Regen

Discard any number of cards at activation. Get one of the following per Tome discarded, plus one, until EoT.

:+fate to hit/damage, +2Df, Charge = 1AP.

So you still get the Marcus feel, but a) you gotta pay for it, and B) you don't get every option you want. This applies to most Masters now. I like it.

Morgan Vening

Wow. I like 'em both!

Dgraz I also like the alt sculpt for Marcus. But I'm atm leaning towards the original as my favourite. I don't like the new sculpt, at least the art, might be different as a sculpt and own paints but they've been quite accurate.

I like the art for both as well, but moles have differen teeth than the moleman.

Old moleman has teeth of a gopher and limbs of a mole and the new ones are more gopher like in the whole. Anyway I'm going to use a mix of my own converted proxies that are more human looking and these new plastic ones when they come out.

I like both of the old sculpts. I also don't like the new art, but seeing all the other plastics I'm confident that it will be okay.

Edited by Linus Mcmold
gopher facts

And as I said before, damn you for making such a good job at it, completely thanks to you I decided to get Marcus as well and I am also quite hyped about him *grin*

Mwuahahaha.........

I've been playing him pretty exclusively lately and I'm having tons of fun with him. Unfortunately for you, he is one of those masters that can truly be tailored to the mission....and he has tons of choices. So far, beasts from all factions are viable choices for him.....only the pigs are iffy. But having choices really makes Marcus.......and once Wave 2 comes out it'll only be worse :)

To start with, you could get away with his box set and maybe a couple of Canine Remains or Silurids....but you'll quickly decide that....ooh, Hoarcats would be good for this....and Molemen would be good for that.....and Waldgeists would be good for this other thing...and oh god I wish I the Dawn Serpent was out...it'll just go on and on. I have all of those models already but I was only using a few....now in M2E I can use them all at different times.

Yeah I have been looking into models and drooling over on what to buy and when I get to play them etc. Read your posts about minions and I have settled on buying pretty much all of 'em. *grin*

The dawn serpent looks magnificent. What's your hold up with Cojo? Is the idea or the model?

What's your hold up with Cojo? Is the idea or the model?

The concept art. It just doesn't do it for me. It could be that I don't know the fluff behind it.......is it a Malifaux native, like the Razorspine? Or is it from earth and altered by Malifaux?........I don't know, he's a white ape with some spikes sticking out of him.....he doesn't have any 'twist'......a six-year old wondering about how to make an ape look different would think..."I'll put some spikes on him."

I would have thought maybe a different body structure (like the Mauler...same problem....bear with spikes on him....but at least he has the extra set of legs), or scaled or something.....he just doesn't say 'Malifaux' to me.

I actually like his concept...and his rules.

Yeah. I understand your point, not the most idea rich model (like you said, 6 year old could come up with that) but I still kinda like him. I agree on the body structure, he should be big though, so it would be something more than just spikes. Are you thinking about proxying?

I'd hold reservation until you get the physical model and get paint on it. I absolutely loath the new Seamus art. I was not impressed when I saw the model. I remained unimpressed after I assembled it and Primed it, and although he is most likely going to be stuck as a work in progress for the next month or so, once I started painting him alot of the character of the model started to appear.

Once you start painting Cojo I think you'll have a better idea of liking the model or not.

I'd hold reservation until you get the physical model and get paint on it. I absolutely loath the new Seamus art. I was not impressed when I saw the model. I remained unimpressed after I assembled it and Primed it, and although he is most likely going to be stuck as a work in progress for the next month or so, once I started painting him alot of the character of the model started to appear.

Once you start painting Cojo I think you'll have a better idea of liking the model or not.

Nothing to do with the technique or the detail or anything like that. It's the plain-jane concept. It probably will be a great model.....but if I can clip the spikes off, and use it in a Bronx Zoo diorama....then like I said, it doesn't say "Malifaux" to me.

Just realized that they altered Cojo's Rar! Trigger. At the end of the Beta, it gave a plus flip if he didn't cheat the attack which was crazy situational since you had to flip the suit as well as it being high enough to hit......but now, it's just a plus flip. Very nice.

I edited my original post about him to reflect this change.

Just realized that they altered Cojo's Rar! Trigger. At the end of the Beta, it gave a plus flip if he didn't cheat the attack which was crazy situational since you had to flip the suit as well as it being high enough to hit......but now, it's just a plus flip. Very nice.

I edited my original post about him to reflect this change.

I noticed that change too! Definitely a good one. Now that attack has two actual triggers, instead of one trigger and one adorable thing that might happen once in a rare while. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say that Marcus is excellent for teaching.

I'm the kind of guy that if I have abilities on a card, I kinda can't help but use them. Like when I play the Ortegas, they zip around and shoot everything...they just do it so well that it's difficult to pull your punches.

Which can be detrimental when you're trying to teach someone the game and build some excitement........taking a brand new player and shooting them all to death doesn't really do that.

Marcus has so many great options that fit different strats and schemes that I can intentionally take a sub-par list....making it much harder to actually complete those strats and schemes. Due to how cool the models are....regardless of what strats they're good at....I can still field a cool crew and show off some nice things.....I can still demonstrate a fun and engaging game while not accidentally beating up on a new player.

I've been doing a LOT of teaching / demo games lately and this approach has really helped me.