• Raphael 7 ss
  • - Dirty Cheatre 1 ss
  • Rami 7 ss
  • - Stilts 1 ss
  • 2 Young Lacroix 4 ss
  • Slop Hauler 5 ss

+ Nicodem – “Razhem” +

Scheme 1: Assassinate (Hidden)

Scheme 2: Frame for Murder - Sebastian (Hidden)

Total Vp’s scored: 5

Crew Selection:

• Nicodem 6 ss Cache
  • - Shadow Embrace 1 ss
  • - Love Thy Master 1 ss
  • Vulture 8 ss
  • Mortimer 1 ss
  • - Corpse Bloat 2 ss
  • Sebastian 7 ss
  • - Transfursion 1 ss
  • - Decaying Aura 1 ss
  • Nurse 5 ss
  • Flesh Construct 6 ss

Final score: Ophelia 5 – 5 Nicodem

+ Initial plan (Ophelia) +

• Keep Ophelia and the Young together as centered fireline. Using the Nock Volley or AT&T gun, depending on what Nico might be throwing at me.
  • Keep Rami an Raphael on one flank and try to discourage enemy to advance along that flank by using Rami’s Focused shots.
  • Send Francois on a suicide run towards Nico.
  • Slop standing back for support.

+ Initial plan (Nicodem) +

• Send Sebastian aggressively with poison and force Ophelia to nuke him.
  • Get Mortimer into the thick of it too, but in a more discreet manner to get his decaying aura to stop all the gremlin healing.

+ Match +

(Razhem’s perspective)

Turn 1:

Approximation turn. Highlights was Nico taking 6 wounds (3 were prevented though) from Rami, me losing the vulture to a nock volley gun to the face stupidly because of interpreting scenery wrong and summoning a punk zombie to charge Ophelia and plant some wounds on her.

Turn 2:

We both start noticing the huge structure in the middle will be a problem. Francois goes first, pastes the punk zombie and I decide to hunker down behind the central structure hoping to get Ophelia and friends to come closer and spring some dead people like a trap on her since I already had 3 corpses positioned. The turn went forward and we pretty much wobbled about till it was Nico and my flesh construct left, I said “why not” and summoned a Flesh construct, who proceeded to jump of a bridge on it’s charge to eat Francois, to my personal amusement, he black jokered on defense and got eaten (this was me with a 9 of tomes as my best card and feeling this was a hail mary through and through). After that madness, the Flesh construct got shot to death by Ophelia and Nico took a nock volley to the face, Nico is hurting a bit. I send my hired flesh construct to the front with evil intent.

Reckoning for Ophelia 1 VP

Turn 3:

I draw a red joker and my face gets all golden like if I got the golden ticket to the willy wonka factory. Ophelia wins initiative though and she does a round of shooting with companion from a young. She leaves the flesh with one wound. I go with it, charge into Ophelia who uses her echoes upgrade, but only gets a +1, I go for the red joker on devour and since he wasn’t packing a red joker of his own, she gets eaten. So yeah, devour saved the game for me, but it’s too good vs the little people. The rest of the turn was me losing that Flesh Construct and me killing a young with a punk that was later killed by another young who was feeling hot, so we both got Reckoning and I got my assassination while forfeiting my Frame for murder. Raphael reveals himself as the bodyguard and runs for the flank making him veeeery hard to reach, I curse the death of my vulture.

Reckoning for Ophelia 1 VP

Bodyguard Ophelia 1 VP

Reckoning for Nicodem 1 VP

Assassination for Nicodem 3 VP

Turn 4

Pretty much it’s me cornering the other young and the slop hauler with the hope of killing them, but to do this I summoned a Hanged with the slop hauler to avoid squeal, who did jack all against it. The summoned punk that was supposed to eat the young lacroix didn’t attack and was happy enough stopping it from running. Raphael kept running while Rami kept shooting Nico who was eating corpses left and right to keep himself healed. Mortimer and Sebastian dropped a level to try and hunt Raphael, but between the terrain and the distance, Sebastian decided to transfusion his poison into Rami (it’s pretty much all of what the nurse did the whole match) and let induction do the rest. Raphael moves just enough to take a potshot at Mortimer who is in a lot of pain and doesn’t heal from poison because Nico was too far (oops). 1 VP from bodyguard and that’s it for Ophelia

Bodyguard for Ophelia 1 VP

Turn 5

Raphael ends Mortimer and keeps running, Nurse and Sebastian do a combo activation to get poison on Nico and then transfuse it to the slop hauler. The slop hauler went with the death or glory plan of trying to kill Sebastian to get reckoning, but failed at it and with 4 wounds between reckless and the poison, the hanged was able to kill it. The punk annihilated his young so Reckoning for me.

Reckoning for Nicodem 1 VP

Bodyguard for Ophelia 1 VP

We get an extra turn, but it was a joke since Raphael was very far and very deep. The hanged and nicodem with uppers from the nurse ran like madmen to be in range to shiv him in case there was another turn, but alas, it was not to be.

+ Highlights +

• Ophelia playing Duck hunt with the Vulture turn 1. No laughing dog that time.
  • Francois getting Devoured turn 2 by a charging Flesh Construct.
  • Opehlia getting Devoured turn 3 by another Flesh Construct.
  • Using Flesh constructs as main source of getting VP’s for Reckoning.

+ Outcome +

Ophelia Crew

* Draw

* 5 VP

- Reckoning 2 VP

- Assassinate 0 VP

- Bodyguard 3 VP

Nicodem Crew

* Draw

* 5 VP

- Reckoning 2 VP

- Assassinate 3 VP

- Frame for Murder 0 VP

+ Clairty and Balance Issues +

Balefirestorm

• Still want to comment on Ophelia’s gun upgrades. I would still prefer to have more diversity in her upgrades. Instead of having three gun upgrades, give her one gun with wacky Triggers. There were a lot of good ideas on the M2E playtest forum regarding this.
  • I also feels disappointed that there’s no real synergy between the Kin. At this time, there’s one upgrade (Team Work) bound to Kin. It does not restrict to affect only Kin though. So in some ways, the “characteristic” is somewhat useless as it is.
  • At this time Ophelia (due to her rules and upgrades) does not really synergize with any specific models. This does open up the door to using any gremlins models with her, but also does not encourage you to use any specific models either.
  • Devour is truly truly monstrous against gremlins. Being able to gulp up any of the Kin (due to decrease in their general Df), I do feel that there need to be some kind of restriction regarding this attack.

Razhem

• Nicodem feels perfect as always, as well as the rest of my crew, though in the final turns when I finally got the poison going, I started to notice how scary Sebastian could be.
  • I have to agree that devour is bonkers vs gremlins, change it so that it can only devour minions or peons unless the model is paralized. I mean, I ate Ophelia and Francois for gods sake!
  • I also agree with the whole lack of cohesion with the kin, maybe using the drunk upgrade, changing its fluff and making it Ophelia and kin only to make them be the brave gremlins and at the same time remove such a huge buff to the wp of gremlins.

Edited by Balefirestorm

I've been campaigning to just remove it (devour) from the FC. Partly to get opponents to feel that the 6ss is justified (though, honestly, everyone in my area feels that he is fine at 6ss, but here on the boards it seemed it was a different story).

edit: Still, it did end up in a draw despite the devour craziness. Guess there is that to consider.

It's really just a hard counter against the gremlins, Ophelia's crew more so than the others. In fact, unless Somer hire's henchman or enforcers outside of his fluff list, the most expensive thing he'll have that could get devoured is a slop hauler. It wouldn't even be that much of an issue if not for the fact that Nicodem can summon them in, prevent them from getting slow, and throw them fast. This lets them walk and charge in a single activation (even immediately after being summoned because Nicodem can treat them has having companion). If Nicodem had to invest the resources in such a hard counter before seeing the opponet's crew, I wouldn't care so much, but that's not the case (and shouldn't be).

• 3 months later...