- Gremlins M2E -

Balefirestorm

What makes you think they'll become masters? I think it's more likely that they'll maintain their mercenary roles and two new characters will be released as masters with appropriately fluffy crews.

Considering Rusty Alyce is no longer a mercenary, we can't be sure they'll still be anything more than regular gremlins.

Gracie may get the beast characteristic so Marcus can take her. Staying true to the fluff (and V1 cards) if they keep animosity 10T then I can't see why they wouldn't be Mercs. Wong will get to at least enforcer level if not Hench, or full blown master. Just from looking at the stat cards this is what I can see. Burt may move to enforcer but Wong has a lot going on on his card to justify Enforcer so he'd get the bump to Hench.

Considering Rusty Alyce is no longer a mercenary, we can't be sure they'll still be anything more than regular gremlins.

That's a good point, but I think being a mercenary is more integral to Bert's identity than it was to Rusty Alyce. He's a gremlin whose mimicking the mercenary stereotypes, so I think it's a trait he should retain. Now, whether he's int the outcast faction, the gremlin faction, or both, well I think he should be dual-faction, but I could see them sticking to one or the other.

Thats not how I saw Burt. He was driven by revenge. He might work with people other than Gremlins, but it was always his agenda he wanted to further.

Losing the Merc Tag doesn't really make much of a change to him now that there is an entire Faction that can hire him.

Mind you out of the three, I always assumed Gracie was the brains and the leader...

Well out of the Gremlin beta cards, we Know the Hog whisperers are still mercs, which means there should be a Merc pig option we haven't seen yet to justify him (I doubt the devs made the whisperer a merc just for the Marcus Pig list), so I would assume Gracie is still a Merc model so it makes sense for Bert and Wong to still be mercenaries as well.

Well out of the Gremlin beta cards, we Know the Hog whisperers are still mercs, which means there should be a Merc pig option we haven't seen yet to justify him (I doubt the devs made the whisperer a merc just for the Marcus Pig list), so I would assume Gracie is still a Merc model so it makes sense for Bert and Wong to still be mercenaries as well.

The Hog Whisperer is a Merc so that Marcus can hire him to assist with the piggies he stole.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a game on Thursday and got to say....... how the F+*& did Francois get through the Beta test with an inbuilt repeatable trigger ("Loose Trigger")?

That can net him 9 extra shots from just 1 AP

Nevermind having access to an upgrade that can potentially add another 6 shots ("Dirty Cheater")

Just hope they pulled that trigger or the inbuilt mask before going to print.

Had a game on Thursday and got to say....... how the F+*& did Francois get through the Beta test with an inbuilt repeatable trigger ("Loose Trigger")?

That can net him 9 extra shots from just 1 AP

Nevermind having access to an upgrade that can potentially add another 6 shots ("Dirty Cheater")

Just hope they pulled that trigger or the inbuilt mask before going to print.

At this point we don't know that he did. Last week a hell of a stink was being raised over looping triggers in general and Francois was drawing some heat in particular.

Nothing's final till we see the print run. Which is a good thing really, everyday we don't have he book is another day I can put off shelving my Kin in perpetuity.

He has to actually hit, deal damage, and then takes a wound for the opportunity to make another attack with an average shoot of 5. Also, with only a defense of 4 he better hope he drops everything that can retaliate against him after losing half his wounds to self inflicted injury.

Good thing that out activation isn't still a powerful tool or that Healing isn't easily done in a gremlin crew in this edition. This was brought up several times during play testing (open version). With the changes to Gremlin's in this edition, out activation is a virtual requirement for success. I'll be starting to play Marcus until the promised Ulix model as currently he is the best Hog Handler in the game.

Other issues with this particular loop though are how easy it is for Gremlins to deny cards for cheating and add required suits to friendly models especially if Som'er is the master. That Cb 5 is going to hit plenty often, especially without having to worry about the suit for triggering. It is still very much true that Gremlins aren't about hitting well only often, a tie still generates a damage flip.

Edited by Omenbringer