Using Terraclips for 4 player games....Ideas for house rules?

So, we play regular 3-4 player games and like the terraclips stuff a lot.

So far we have found the scale of the set ups we like, (lots of layers for height and interest over a 4x4 square map) make game play tedious and slowat best. What we are about to experiment with is doubling range/movement to make it easier to use larger terrain...at this point it feels like Malifaux lite..lol

Anyone else trying this route, or have any ideas for how to rule for climbing ladders/stairs, or even got any cool layouts to share?

We use the following house rules when using Terraclips:

1 The stone steps don't incurr any additional movement penalties for going up/down. ie you only measure the actual distance moved. You can only use them from the very front though.

2 The metal ladder things add 1" to the total distance moved but can be used from the side also.

Both seem to work really well in our games including the 3 ways we often have.

The only other advice I can give is to punch anyone who declares Kirai on a terraclips board...;)

I tend to play three or four players on my 4x4 table of Terraclips (or occasionally Heroscape terrain. We used to just use 3x3 of it, but we were far too close. Even with expanding to 4x4, with corner deployments, players are still close together, and some models see action immediately.

Some turns might be duds for some players, if two players go opposite directions, or one holes up defensively. But usually, we still end most games with at least one player decimated by turn 3, and most VP claimed by turn 4.

Ladders / stairs are unimpeded walks up or down, just like slopes.

Of all of the in game batrep pictures I take of our games, I couldn't find one that shows the whole board at a glance. But here's a shot from one end of "Silurid Park," so-named due to the primed Silurids being used as statues.

EEEk, big misunderstanding! It looks like you guys are referring to Malifaux, while we are talking about Puppet Wars, Unstitched. Unstitched is usually played on a tiny board, while we are looking to expand both the size and complexity of our environment. I guess it plays like a hybrid...lol

Errr...That'll teach me to just click on 'New Posts' and not check which forum they're in...

Same here.

Although, I'd just slow inch the sizes up from the default board size until you get something you're comfortable with.

You can have an interesting board without having puppet trying to walk all over a town sized board. They're meant to be on the shelves or floorboards of Zoraida's hut.

"You can have an interesting board without having puppet trying to walk all over a town sized board. They're meant to be on the shelves or floorboards of Zoraida's hut"

I hear that, but we are stretching out...almost to Malifaux...just not quite there yet...lol

Also, I am not dropping my hard earned dollars until I see the new rules for Version 2!

From what I see Malifaux is just a little too "involved", with too many rules and variables, but PW is ....small...lol, I guess there is no pleasing us!

We are currently experimenting with a "capture the flag" scenario, played on a 4 tile Terraclips board, it is fun!

post-13606-13911930096952_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...