Fupersudges gallery of painted nonsense.

fupersudge

No progress? That is sad. But school is more important, so I understand. Plus, if I was painting the, they would still be in the "primed" phase.

Haha, yeah school is what slows me down right now, but I still manage a decent turn around. Should have the models back in the mail this upcoming week.

Your technique is really inspiring for a fellow small time comission speed painter.

So many little tricks you can learn to cut down on time. Just keep at it and you will get faster and better with time.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
can you explain a mini step by step for your OSL you used on the eyes? its one of the next tricks i want to learn with my airbrush and yours came out so nice i'd like to hear how you did.

I will make a small write up about it after I get these models shipped out. I have another crew that will require it so I can explain it as I do it on them.

SERIOUSLY love your work on Dark Debts crew!!! :)

did you use airbrush or something? the OSL and blending is mindboggling. Very vivid.

I do use airbrush a little bit. A lot of my OSL is done by brush after airbrush. Like Mentioned above I will make a small write up on how I do it. As for other blending, I do not use airbrush. I only really use my airbrush for priming and OSL. Sometimes base coating depending on size of model and etc.

Before airbrushing the base color for OSL

4PZR2s4.png

After.

KR7Pww4.png

Then you just use darker shade of that color super diluted like a wash and then highlight accordingly.

1TkWjbz.png

( I photoshopped this picture so that only the glow from the dagger is in color )

Here is a reference picture to kind of show how the light should fall on the model coming from whatever is glowing. Notice how objects that have the color are brighter the closer they are to the subject and then get softer and just fade back off into the grey.

So you should dilute your paint more and more and use a lot of layers to do this smooth fade to your models base coat.

Edited by fupersudge

• 2 weeks later...