Did M2e kill the Malifaux podcasts?

banshee

As a regular commuter, I've thoroughly enjoyed the proliferation of Malifaux podcasts that we have enjoyed over the last year. However, I'm noticing that since the huge buzz of Justin and Mack jumping on every show they could find, all bar two have slipped off the radar.

As a member of the cup half full team where M2e is concerned, I've found listening to the Malifools especially helpful in increasing my interest and enthusiasm to give it a go. The way that they speak excitedly about their games and the models that they would like to try gets me reaching for my rules to see if maybe I could make it work, every time. Through the Breach is still ticking along but seem shy of really tackling the issue of M2e. This leaves me with just one podcast left to really look forward to and my iTunes bare.

Is this coincidence? I know that some of the podcasts have difficulty keeping up a regular release schedule due to real life, so perhaps it's more this.

In any case, I'd like to publicly thank all the different podcasts and their hosts for giving up their time to enrich the community, spread the word and generally add to the enthusiasm for all things Wyrd and war gaming in general.

Thank you

We'll be recording what is likely to be our last episode this week, at least as a Malifaux centric podcast. I know Cheated Fates and New Fairbank Radio have seen changes too with hosts of both resigning as henchmen (like myself).

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

The Malibros have put out a few episodes in the last couple of weeks, New Fairbank have too (not strictly speaking a Malifaux one but definitely worth a listen). The Bayou Broadcast are still on target to meet their usual 6 monthly release target too (pretty sure theirs is scheduling as Craig has had uni finals, etc).

Yeah, Through the Breach really does need to get a M2E episode out. But would agree that the new edition has killed some of the podcast. If you don't like game, you are not going to like talking about it. When that happens, show is killed. Not so much a bad thing, maybe there will be fans of M2E that will start up some new podcast. Guess we will all have to just wait and see.

So Malifaux podcasts still doing regular episodes are Malifools, TTB and Tartan Skirmish Radio.

New Fairbanks Radio is doing Maliquest but well worth a listen

Bayou Broadcast - hosts busy in real life, IIRC Dom is doing a real radio show

Aeathervox, dead long before M2e

Cheated Fates, Split opinion amongst the hosts on M2e, hopefully Joe will find someone new to record with.

Gamers Lounge, Bill dislikes M2e and direction of the game so as a Malifaux show looks dead.

From a Malifools POV we aren't going anywhere as we all really like M2e and intend to take the show from strength to strength

Edited by OldManMyke

Aeathervox, dead long before M2e

Didn't they have an interview with Justin and Mack on their latest episode?

It was out since First of May this year, when the Beta was going to be released to the public.

So they're not dead, just slowly clawing their way out of the dirt like the "Tree Rat!"

Didn't they have an interview with Justin and Mack on their latest episode?

It was out since First of May this year, when the Beta was going to be released to the public.

So they're not dead, just slowly clawing their way out of the dirt like the "Tree Rat!"

They were also making plans on twitter the other day for getting together to do some recording (including the promise of a new story that's already written). I think they're just really pressed for time