Did M2e kill the Malifaux podcasts?

banshee

Hello everyone,

While reading a bit through the thread I'm left with the impression that a lot of people have quit Malifaux because of the new edition itself and it saddens me.

I haven't been around for a while and I just recently started catching up with news about M2E. Is there any particular change that has... single-handedly driven those podcasters off? I thought everyone was excited about the new stuff, well you know not everyone - but still... am I missing something major here? Is it known what could have caused such a draw off?

Sorry for the off-topic btw.

Edited by VaeVictus

There is a fair amount of information out there on what specific people do not like about V2. I talk a bit here and there about it on my blog, although I have tended to focus more on what I liked about Malifaux Classic. Josh@TTB spoke about his thoughts on a recent TTB episode (episode 29). And Wiseman spoke about his thoughts on the recent Soulstone Train (episode 12).

I do not think Spencer@Cheated Fates has spoken out yet, but he and I have discussed doing a V2 review at some point in the future on Gamers Lounge.

Overall, it may take a little digging but there are some places you can look into what people are unhappy with. Also keep in mind that V2 is still in the public Beta, so while very little is expected to change some things are still evolving. I know that speaking only for myself, I am holding off really digging in on a podcast episode until things settle out a bit and we get the best picture of what V2 will look like.

There is a fair amount of information out there on what specific people do not like about V2. I talk a bit here and there about it on my blog, although I have tended to focus more on what I liked about Malifaux Classic. Josh@TTB spoke about his thoughts on a recent TTB episode (episode 29). And Wiseman spoke about his thoughts on the recent Soulstone Train (episode 12).

I do not think Spencer@Cheated Fates has spoken out yet, but he and I have discussed doing a V2 review at some point in the future on Gamers Lounge.

Overall, it may take a little digging but there are some places you can look into what people are unhappy with. Also keep in mind that V2 is still in the public Beta, so while very little is expected to change some things are still evolving. I know that speaking only for myself, I am holding off really digging in on a podcast episode until things settle out a bit and we get the best picture of what V2 will look like.

I sought out the TTB podcast because I was curious to see where the criticism of M2e was at now that it had been out a couple of months. Sadly, it's still in a holding pattern around "dumbing down the game".

Not only that, but one of the hosts spends much of the podcast lamenting the loss of his "chess game", while continually providing examples of why 1.5 wasn't chess in the slightest, but Rock Paper Scissors instead.

We really haven't tackled M2E as there is nothing solid yet and didn't want to really sit down with it until everyone was present. So Ok this time we are going to just go at it as everyone will be here and Oh Josh will Miss for OFCC and Jonathan is off in Michigan. Or we were going to hit it and then well crap it was Fathers Day so there was Biggles and Jonathan out. We have Antonio and the Omaha group in the we love M2E camp. Josh is sticking with 1.5 until December. Plus it didn't help that we had a buffer of about three episodes from right before the public beta to put out.

All in all we need to make the decision as to when to switch over to cover M2E and let each host decide if they want to continue on or not. It feels as tho Gencon will be the point where that decision starts to get made as we will have book in hand and don't have to worry about making decisions on things that may not be true.