Halifaux - Tournament, 20th October, Halifax UK

Mike3838

And I'm paid! Though I probably should have included a message as the payment will come from Ian not Stuart. It's an identity thing and I blame my parents.

Some questions about crew composition, first can I use Tara then or not? Don't think she is officially wave 1 and that's about the only model I could think of released but not in wave 1. Presumably things like the Monk of the Low River is alowed as the rules are out even though the model is not (proxy).

lastly you reference 4 rounds in the crew composition section but only list 3 in the timings. Is that a deliberate mistake to check we read it or is there a ninja stealth round a some point? :)

Stu

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea Tara is fine.

I'm happy for people to proxy the models in Wave 1 that we don't have a physical model for. However, the proxy should be on the correct base and be an appropriate representation of the model in question. So that's no using Warjacks as Fuhatsu, and no using Skinks as Monks of Low River. Also, using Malifaux models to represent *different* Malifaux models is a step on the road to confusion that I'd like to avoid. As you'll appreciate, this means people may have to put in a little bit of effort if they want to use unavailable models, rather than just pulling any old thing out their case as a stand-in.

Good spot on the secret 4th round. Unfortunately you're not invited to that one ;)

.....I'll amend the pack.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No worries Nickie - hope to see you again at a future event though!

Added you to the list Nathan.

Thanks to everybody that's bought their ticket so far. For the other signups, please get your payments in sooner rather than later to secure your place. After another couple of weeks (ie. from one week before the tournament date) I'll be unable to hold spots for people without prior arrangement and you might end up losing your spot. I'll get in touch with all the unconfirmed entrants directly in the next week or so to check you're still coming.

I've been pulling together the prize pool for the last month or so and there's some pretty nice stuff in there if I say so myself. Assuming we fill the player allocation there should be a bit of a raffle also.

Cheers,

Mike

Edited by Mike3838

Yes those are fine for this event - with the caveat that the model you're using needs to look like a Monk or a Dawn Serpent.

I'm hoping that by restricting in this way we can allow people to use the full range for their faction (potentially balancing things out a bit for factions that have less to choose from), but not just let people plop anything on the table and claim it's representing something that it bears no resemblance to.

Somebody was asking about rules for the painting awards.

For Best Painted Crew, you should enter a legal crew of between 40 - 50 soulstones. This does not necessarily have to be the same crew that was used in your tournament games.

For Best Scheme Markers, you should enter a group of at least 4 markers. The only restriction is that they need to be mounted on 30mm bases - other than that - anything goes!