M2E League - Perdita v Zoraida

Mbbelius

Deployment Type: Standard

Strategy: Turf War

Available Schemes: Assassinate, Plant Evidence, MurderProtege, Bodyguard and Line in the Sand

Perdita (Euclid)

Scheme 1: Plant Evidence (Unannounced) - 3

Scheme 2: Assassinate (Unannounced) - 3

Total VPs scored: 10

Crew List

Perdida (Os Veo, Aura Ancestral, Trick Shooting)

Francisco (Wade In, Diestro)

Nino

Santiago (Plant Evidence)

Enslaved Nephelim

2 Witchling Stalkers

7 Cache

Zoraida (Mbbelius)

Scheme 1: Bodyguard Juju (Unannounced) - 0

Scheme 2: Assassinate (Unannounced) - 0

Total VPs scored: 0

Crew List

Zoraida (Hex Bag)

Bad Juju (Fears Given Form, Eternal Fiend)

2 Silurids

2 Waldegeist

Crew 1's Plan

The two witchlings were taken to remove Hem and Poisonthrown out by Zoraida and the Voodoo Doll. Other than that my main plan was tocharge Franciso into the fray and have the rest of the family shoot the remainswith Diestro putting them on negative twists.

Crew 2's Plan

Plan was to move the Waldegeist forward and use the terrainto 0 cost germinate to provide cover and the use the Silurids to leap and getinto combat to shut down some of the incoming shooting. Also to send JuJustraight towards Perdita to kill her.

Turn Sequence

Turn one was mostly positioning, Francisco shot a siluridfor 3 damage flipping the Red Joker for the attack (thanks to soft cover).

Turn two the silurids came in to attack santiago, awitchling retaliated knocking them down to 1 wound each with burning after theenslaved nephelim helped him get a third attack.

One waldegeist was shot by perdida (red joker for damage),the other weakened in melee by francisco and finished off by a shot from thewitchling stalker (thanks to diestro).

Turn three began with Francisco charging Bad Juju, anotherred joker damage would have killed Juju but he stoned for damage prevention.Left on two wounds perdida companion activated and shot three times with Juju’sdefense on a negative thanks to Diestro. The game was called at this point asthe full Ortega crew was facing Zoraida down with only her Voodoo Doll. Mr Jujuwould have only returned when Zoraida died leaving him alone in the sights ofthe Ortegas again.

Highlights

In three turns the Ortega crew saw the Red Joker 4 times,the three above and for chosing sides.

Outcome

10 - 0 to the Ortegas. Although the game was called earlythe Ortega crew would have likely scored both Assassinate and Plant Evidence inthe following two and a half turns.

Clarity and Balance Thoughts

Euclid - Although a very brutal game, I personally didn’tthink anything was down to anything other than pure chance.

Player Thoughts

Ortega crew - The crew worked together as well as it should,the Zoraida crew should have lasted longer than it did but the cards weredefinitely in my favour.

Zoraida – I think Euclid is being very kind there. Yes, hedid get some good draw on the cards but I was outplayed. I tried a full onswampfiend list this time round with the aim of being able to eternal fiendJuJu but Euclid target selection was spot on and wiped out all of them apart fromZoraida in the right order and therefore preventing JuJu returning.