Enjoyed 1st edition? We want to hear from you!

While other podcasts are concentrating on the new shiny that is m2e, we want to do something a little bit different. We’d like to just take time to appreciate what first edition has given us over the last few years and we’d like as many of you to get involved as possible. What we’d like is to hear what your favourite thing about m1e has been, it can be a character/ability/moment, anything you want really.

If you want to record your own short bit (that’d be awesome!), all we need is who you are and what your favourite thing/moment/whatever has been. The file format doesn’t matter (I can pretty much work with anything) and I can edit them too. Audacity is a good (and more importantly free) bit of recording software if you don’t already have something. Just email us your bit to soulstonetrain@gmail.com and we’ll use as many as we can.

If you don’t want to record your own but still want to contribute just post the info here of email us at the address above and we’ll read them out.

We’ll be recording the bulk of that episode on Friday June 14th (add at least a few days on top for editing) so we’ll be looking to get the episode out towards the end of next week.

Malifaux 1st edition and its models gave me the chance to up my painting skills and also gave me the confidence to promise never to play with unpainted models again :) ....not that its going to change in M2E, but thats the biggest thing this game has given me in repsect to the entire hobby.

...oh and of course Molly :P

Edited by Pierowmaniac

Up until I started playing Malifaux (around, two years ago) I had been a die hard GW Fan Boy since my gaming inception (way back in 1983). Nothing else had ever taken my fancy and, to be honest, I wasn't all that interested in Malifaux initially (I know... shock - horror!).

A couple of my gaming group got into it and eventually I decided to take a look. I usually pick my 'armies' based on aesthetics, rather than any perceived power, so looking through the models, I was immediately struck by the imagery for both Kirai and Colette and decided to buy both.

I honestly struggled a lot to understand what I was doing in those early days; the game had somewhat of an almost vertical learning curve for me! The release of the small rulebook made it much easier though and the increase in the amount of terrain we tended to use also meant I wasn't getting shot off the table by Guild crews as much. ;0)

So, what all this long winded diatribe is getting around to is this: My favourite moment in Malifaux 1st edition, is when I finally had an epiphany using the Showgirls crew and everything just clicked into place in my head. Not just using that particular crew but the whole scope and depth of intricacy that the game has to offer.

Although not without its faults, Malifaux 1.5 is far and away the best tabletop miniatures game I have ever played and I am really going to miss it... but... I am also excited to see where M2E takes us.

Favorite moment in M1E was... my first tournament win, when I got the opportunity to 8-0 Noob Stomp oldmanmyke.

On a more serious note, I enjoy trying to puzzle out how to win games... I'm pants at it, but it's good fun to try and figure out how you're going to secure those vps. I've also enjoyed playing everything like it's beatdown (which I'm discovering does not work in M2E!).

We've received some nice recorded segments from the guys at the Malifools and New Fairbank Radio (cheers guys!) and have a good number of text ones to read out too. As this is likely to be our last episode (at least as a Malifaux podcast), we'd like to get as many as possible involved. If anyone would like to record a short Skype bit before the main recording, I'd be happy to do that, just ping me an email to soulstonetrain@gmail.com.

We haven't worked out what the future holds yet, SST may become a general gaming podcast or something. We'll also be keeping an eye on how m2e develops, we may pop back up in the malifaux scene depending on how things progress.

Cheers for the feedback, is good to know that our efforts haven't gone unnoticed :)

I Hope when everything is not in flux you can get back to it.

I hope so too, the Malifaux community is a great thing to be a part of and I would really miss a lot of the people I've had the pleasure of meeting over the years.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

If anyone has m1e questions they'd like us to answer in this episode just let us know (our "we answer anything" policy is still in play).