Unstiched board issue.

Just some information really.

i left the board for Unstitched out on my table this morning, when I came to it tonight it seems to have warped slightly. Now the room it was in gets a lot of sun in the evening so I'm guessing its from this. It was closed and the half thay was on top is the one thats curled. It's now under some weights hoping to flatten it out.

Thought it was worth mentioning as a possible issue and the be carefull leaving it in direct sunlight for long periods...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I actually got mine today and it wasn't in any contact with the sun but a few hours out the box the board was bent..

It's pretty common with things printed in China most of the shops there don't allow enough time for the stock to acclimate before printing. Which causes it to warp when the environment changes.

It was a huge issue with the first printing of the second edition of Betrayal at the House on the Hill. Each of the room tiles and the character cards would warp just from ambient humidity, even while in the box. Using desiccant packets, like the ones that come with most games and electronics these days, mitigates it a bit, but doesn't entirely prevent it.

I actually got mine today and it wasn't in any contact with the sun but a few hours out the box the board was bent..

Same issue here. No sunlight involved; was laying on a empty shelf in bookcase and curled into a duck bill.

Fact is the board is crap quality. You can see that with just a cursory glance. The box itself has problems. The inside of mine has ripped patches (outside fine though.)

My biggest issue is the puppet deck. First game, other player had his card pile laying on edge of our normal gaming table (painted sand.) The bottom cards was ruined; totally unusable now. The sand has totally stripped the printing off of a couple the cards (since the bottom card hadn't come up and was shuffled back into the deck and few rounds of deck shuffling happen before we noticed resulting in few the cards getting the treatment.) Now I admit where he laid them wasn't thought through. But who would thought that could of happened with such limited movement; not like was rubbing the cards against the sand.

Now while I am tossing some complaints out... I'm not slamming the game. I don't regret the purchase AT ALL! Personally, when I look at amount minis you get; it is obvious some corners had to be cut to get it out at it's current price break. If they had to up retail price to make up for production cost of higher quality materials; I figured the client base would shrink to just us hardcore Wyrd fanatics.. making the line a losing situation. For people that dont understand our hobby and look at it as just a board game, 80$ is already hard enough to swallow.

First game, other player had his card pile laying on edge of our normal gaming table (painted sand.)

The bottom cards was ruined; totally unusable now. The sand has totally stripped the printing off of a couple the cards (since the bottom card hadn't come up and was shuffled back into the deck and few rounds of deck shuffling happen before we noticed resulting in few the cards getting the treatment.) Now I admit where he laid them wasn't thought through. But who would thought that could of happened with such limited movement; not like was rubbing the cards against the sand.

I'm sorry, but you totally screwed up there by painting on what is, for all intents and purposes, coarse sandpaper.

Next time, lay down some felt!

I'm sorry, but you totally screwed up there by painting on what is, for all intents and purposes, coarse sandpaper.

Next time, lay down some felt!

As I said... "Now I admit where he laid them wasn't thought through." Point still remains I doubt many would expected this to happen from such limited contact. I posted mostly to warn others and prevent the same thing happening to them. We have gamed on these tables for years, laid unprotected cards from various games on them all the time and never seen this happen.

(and while it is painted over sand it is not like I dont know and thing or two about building terrain. It was not left totally rough equating to heavy sand paper. I dont leave surfaces that way and are further dulled down by way I lay latex paint. That way it doesnt harm underneath mini bases or the vehicles used in other games by some our players.)

either way.. as said, was posted as a warning to limit possibility happening to others. Not like I was screaming bloody murder and threatening to sue for replacements.

Nathan, just got home from chemo so need to rest then will break out a camera and take a shot or two for you.