Webmonkey's Garage Kits,...

Webmonkey

Thanks guys!!! I appreciate all the compliments. It's nice to hear, especially for someone of my remedial skill level. (at least as compared to people like mako and odinsgrandson*grin*)

I guess I'll have to continue doing as best I can with this project, or risk upsetting everyone,.. (no pressure though, right??? *lol*)

My current can of air has expired yet again. So this weekend I'll have to get another one so I can at least finish up the second leg. And I'll try to get the dress part done this weekend too,.. so that at least you guys can see the bottom half of the model completed.

As for the colors, I was thinking of possibly doing the black of the dress as patent leather too. But that may be too much "shiny" on one model. So maybe something a bit "flatter" and more cloth-like. Don't know,.. haven't quite decided yet. Also, If I plan to change the black of the dress to something else, like a charcoal grey, or perhaps a navy blue,... now's the time to do it.

Thoughts??

I got super lucky and found it for a steal...

Amazon has the Sotar 2020 right now for "83% off" at a mere 72 bucks, which is the lowest I have ever seen them. The MSRP of $422 is a bit inflated, but between $250 and $300 is petty common, $72.00 is a ridiculous deal for anyone thinking about picking that brush up.

Again,.. crappy pics, but the sun's gone down and the flash isn't doing me any real favors. I'll take some more tomorrow. But for now, here you go,...

post-8871-13911929797608_thumb.jpg

post-8871-13911929797982_thumb.jpg

post-8871-13911929798475_thumb.jpg

post-8871-13911929798987_thumb.jpg

All in all, I'm really enjoying the airbrush and the results I'm getting from it. Also, Did some of the detail work on the dress.

Enjoy!!!

alright, here's a shot of the first arm,.. the other one is drying at the moment, but pretty much looks like the same thing, only in reverse.

post-8871-13911929800753_thumb.jpg

Next up,.. the main body. Here's a before picture. I'll try to get it done and the arms glued to it by the end of the evening.

post-8871-13911929801927_thumb.jpg

ok,.. a whole day spent painting,.. and here it is. Not too shabby,.. the purple still needs the highlights done though. And haven't added the arms yet. Also, trying out a sheer stocking type effect down the center of the corset. Haven't decided if I like it or not. I could always change it to black easily enough.

Thoughts?

post-8871-1391192980366_thumb.jpg

post-8871-13911929804183_thumb.jpg

You asked for a more assembled view,.. so,.. here ya go. I still have a bit of work to do on the purple. And the right arm has a small gap where it connects at the shoulder. But a little green stuff and sanding,.. then some touch up paint,.. and it should come out alright.

I gave a couple of different shots so as to showcase the sheer corset center.

And again,.. I tossed in ol' Chompy,.. just for scale. (Just 'cause I know it makes Mako laugh)

post-8871-13911929805299_thumb.jpg

post-8871-13911929805897_thumb.jpg