Webmonkey's Garage Kits,...

Webmonkey

• 3 months later...

I can see you've also caught the double post bug on the forum...

Great work again, skin looks amazing on the last one (I'm surprised nobody has asked for more angles yet ;) ). You painted it using airbrush, didn't you? How many colors did you use to get that nice smooth effect.

I can see you've also caught the double post bug on the forum...

Great work again, skin looks amazing on the last one (I'm surprised nobody has asked for more angles yet ;) ). You painted it using airbrush, didn't you? How many colors did you use to get that nice smooth effect.

On 21.2.2016 at 0:29 AM, Webmonkey said:

believe it or not,.. just two. one paint tone, one pastel powder,.. (hrrmm, the double post thing might get annoying) And to be honest,.. I think you're the only person who follows my work with any regularity. If you want more angles though, I can post some for you.

Not the only one! :-)

Awesome skintone! 

On 21.2.2016 at 0:29 AM, Webmonkey said:

believe it or not,.. just two. one paint tone, one pastel powder,.. (hrrmm, the double post thing might get annoying) And to be honest,.. I think you're the only person who follows my work with any regularity. If you want more angles though, I can post some for you.

Not the only one! :-)

Awesome skintone! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been working on my "patterns". I know its a simple stripe pattern, but we all gotta start somewhere. (not to mention the marble pattern). Next time, I'll try something harder like a paisley or a plaid, and see how that goes. But anyway,.. I think I'm calling this one done.

2016-05-02%2010.45.22.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ok,.. it's been a while since I've updated on this one. Sorry, real life hasn't allowed for as much time as I would like to work on these things. Also, I've been sick a bit lately, and some of the products I needed for the ice base had to be ordered, and I was at the mercy of the US mail. That being said, Here's an update on where I am at the moment. I hope the ice base actually reads as ice (took me forever to get it looking like it does). One of the bows on her left boot apparently came off and is now missing. (I blame the cats),.. but that's ok, because I'm in the middle of making a new one. So that will be replaced in a couple of days, as soon as the resin dries completely.

Next up,.. the wings. I'm trying to decide what to do here. The come as a clear resin. I could try to color them to match the ice,.. or I could try to leave them clear. But I can already tell that the resin they are cast with is already starting to "amber". And long term, I don't think that's going to work. I'm thinking about white,.. or at least frosted white. Might make a nice contrast to all the other darker colors.

Thoughts?

20161009_091740.jpg

20161009_091345.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...