Rexy the dino puppet

Just saw this on BoW (by Greebo) and instantly thought of Puppet Wars.

post-3604-13911929516751_thumb.jpg

Since Puppet Wars really isn't that competetive (though it can be) it is really open to playing around with (Malifaux has done some stuff too).

Now this guy could easily proxy for other Puppets, but I think that's missing a trick. On top of planning to use my Evil Baby Orphanage miniatures in PW I think this guy deserves some nifty rules for a fun scenario (possibly including time travel...)

Anyway, if you see other puppet goodness please share it (if you haven't seen Relic's Britanan stuff then where have you been?) There's certainly plenty puppets in the starter, but it can be nice mix things up every now and then =]

Who needs time travel?

Who doesn't need time travel?

Plus I was thinking of the Puppets nicking one of the Time-Nannies' time machines and fighting over some evil babies (Justice trying to bring the baby to the EBO, Seamus encouraging them to cause havoc).

But you're right, all toys are of course welcome in Zoraida's hut =]

I really like your idea of adding Evil Baby Orphanage to Puppet Wars, and hope that Mack and Justin are reading this thread and decide to do just that.

Maybe Zoraida is simply a misunderstood Time Nanny and Malifaux is her orphanage that she has been kindly overseeing for centuries. But then those stupid humans make a hole in the wall, come in, and start causing a ruckus as well as letting all the Neverborn and Gremlins out of there playpens. So, she is slowly trying to control all inhabitant of Malifaux, now that the humans have come in and started causing havoc in her once peaceful orphanage, but since she cannot physically restrain them all, she has resorted to creating voodoo dolls to begin the process.

I think it is a great idea :Smug_Puppet2:

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

P.S. as for other models, I like Ammon Miniatures. I think they will fit better with the new enlarged plastic puppets as they were a little big compared to the originals, but still waiting for my box to come in, so i am not sure how they compare.

Is Rexy for sale somewhere?

He's not out yet, but it's produced by Greebo - http://www.greebo.it/mainsite/jupgrade/

I started work on an idea for a PW expansion called Battle in the Playpen (which I sent to Eric), where Masters were replaced with Babies who were effectively baby versions of the Masters - so Baby Seamus pulls girls' hair and cuts the heads off their dolls. Hadn't really worked out the mechanic (initially it was all about making the opponent's baby cry), but now I have EBO and PWU I might revisit it.

There's definitely a ton of potential for PW expansions beyond just adding more models.

I agree, I hope they do a lot with Puppet Wars, because I feel like it is a really great game.

Have my fingers crossed that my copy of Unstiched will make it in by June, so I have plenty of time to paint (at least some of it) before Gen Con, cause I would really like to get some games in there and talk it up during my free time. And, with all the changes coming with M2E, while I am thinking of doing some tournaments or story events, I am waiting to see how everything looks before I decide on a crew, so still debating if I even want to bring my Guild stuff, buy a new crew prior to Gen Con, or just wait to see what new models they have there, and build them on Thursday and play with them, so not sure how much malifaux I will be playing, but do want to at least get in some good games of Puppet Wars.