Plastic sprues have too many parts

ozmo

While some of the components can be fiddly, it's nothing a good pair of tweezers won't fix and I now many hobbyists that have at least 1 pair of thin nosed tweezers for smaller components and I use them myself, they save a big headache and recommend them to everyone in hobby gaming. As for smaller bits, I had not issues with Vanessa, but I felt her hair was much easier to glue in to place than Guild of Harmony's Zara Croft when I had to cut the tab and then pin a 1.2mm wide piece of hair to the head because the hole /tab wouldn't match on the components. Vanessa just went together well for me. I guess different people have different issues with things. Multi part Infinity female models are much more of a headache, they sometimes snap when you so much as breathe on them, lol!

Not tried my hand at the Oiran yet, but they are next one my list.

as for the models themselves, I love them, the plastic allows to far greater variety of action poses for the sculptors and look more natural in their positioning. I do wish Misaki fitted on the base better though,if not for the flame effect I'd be regluing her 3 or 4 times a game :P

Correct, I was referring to the molding company. Perhaps you should read the actual post instead of skimming it.

WYRD does care about the modeling and aethetics, the company that MAKES the molds only cares about the most efficient way to make the mold. Listen to the interview, the machines that make the molds need to be pretty much in constant use to pay of the costs for their construction/operation and the people who maintain and run them, and to make a profit. So the company that creates the molds is going to want to get as many paying jobs on it as possible. The faster, and more efficient the molds can be the more paying customers they can get on it.

Again this is all hearsay from that interview, as I have no direct experience with the mold creating industry.

The females are unnecessarily skinny. I guess you can't teach the 3D rendering model program to not make it too proportional to the male models, huh?

I haven't noticed any difference in proportions between males and females in the plastics. Yes, they're small compared to metals, but when you compare Vanessa to a rail worker or Jacob, I don't think there's any issues in that regard.

I haven't actually done a comparison myself, but I will say that at least one of the wastrels could do with a couple of square meals.

Though now that I think about it, the only female figure I have in plastic so far is Miss Terious, and does indeed have a very lithe physique.

Totally agree on the lithe sculpts for the plastics that have been done so far.

I know a lot of the old female models were a bit Cheesecake (which I am not complaining about. I love the Colette, Cassandra and Lilith sculpts, and Lady J is one of the most beautiful female sculpts I have ever seen), but very few of them didnt have at least some non-Barbie doll qualities. Lady J doesn't have the smallest waist, Perdita has got a butt, and neither of the performer sculpts had totally unrealistic chests.

With the Plastics, it totally looks like the female models are attempting to bring back the heroin sheik look from the early 90s.

Now, it's only one books worth of Plastics so far. If the next set of releases is the same, however, then I will be disappointed.

That's what i thought until i catapulted Yan Los beard through the room. Luckily i was able to find the piece again.

Mental note: Buy tweezers with rubber tip.

I was not so lucky. I ended up making a new beard out of greenstuff and calling it good.

Chiaki's hair ribbons were just as bad, but I managed to hold on to them.

I was not so lucky. I ended up making a new beard out of greenstuff and calling it good.

Chiaki's hair ribbons were just as bad, but I managed to hold on to them.

One for the locals lost the lantern from the brutal effigy (metal fig) so it's not like this is a plastic only issue. That said, tiny tiny pieces are painful to assemble and find if dropped.

I would suggest using plastic glue rather than superglue at least then if you drop it with glue on it you don't have to rush to find it before it bonds to the floor/carpet. You also don't have to worry about gluing fingers together.

I was working with plastic cement (good stuff btw, though weird learning curve from years of super glue). I had gotten Yan Lo's beard off of the sprue, then a butterfly flapped it's wings in Australia and it was gone... still haven't seen it actually, suspect I never will.

i was working with plastic cement (good stuff btw, though weird learning curve from years of super glue). I had gotten yan lo's beard off of the sprue, then a butterfly flapped it's wings in australia and it was gone... Still haven't seen it actually, suspect i never will.

lol

One for the locals lost the lantern from the brutal effigy (metal fig) so it's not like this is a plastic only issue.

The Brutal Effigy's lantern is, at a glance, eight hundred times the size of that silly backpack piece on one of the riflemen.

Minor hyperbole detected. >.>

Seriously, the thing is freaking tiny.

But as noted, yes, there were pieces one could lose with metal too. The Warden's third claw (... lol) went MIA in my apartment during construction as noted above, and it was a magical adventure finding it.

Of the folk complaining about piece counts...have you ever put together plastic models from other game ranges? GW boxes are similar in piece count but maybe not in size but Bolt Action models generally hit around the 10-12 piece per model mark with 25-40 in a box. The pieces are just as small if not smaller as well!

Yes Wyrds models can be fiddly at times but we've actually got it good compared to other systems.

Hmm, but if you get 25+ models in a box, they better be multipart (i.e. posable), or you'll have an army of clones. When you have 2-3 of the same unit, it's less necessary. And the Clockwork Traps are still identical :V

And correct me if I'm wrong, but Warlord Games are much cheaper. You can get a 25-40-mini box for 20 pounds. Why yes, I'd stop complaining if I had that price here :P

And we've got it good compared to... which systems, exactly? I'd like to see names.