Did you all see this M2E Lady Justice Spoiler?

Final_Crucible

Its a drawing. Its not the officially released plastics and even if it was, a sculpt your not particularly happy with IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD THAT PEOPLE ARE MAKING IT OUT TO BE OMG AARRRGGHHH!!!.

Dude, there's like two people who have posted twice - all the others are noting their opinion once, be it positive or negative. Please stop with the histrionics. People are allowed to voice their opinions and no one is making a particular spectacle over theirs except you (over your opinion over their opinions, granted, not about the minis themselves).

I'm also somewhat flabbergasted that some people think that the dancing DM's pose is cool. It's redonculous. And if you don't think so, you're wrong. Wrong!

*wink*

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also somewhat flabbergasted that some people think that the dancing DM's pose is cool. It's redonculous. And if you don't think so, you're wrong. Wrong!

*wink*

A good thing you're not the one to make that call then.

I like all of the art exept for ladyJ. But hey! I already have three minis of her so I'm set. frankly I don't se what the uproar is about we've seen two spoilers and some seem conviced it's the end of the world. and yes LadyJ is my "main" master I've played her almost as long as I've played malifaux.

Ok, given someone mentioned that they are saying all this is feedback I've gone through again and found mostly vague feedback. Namely it's obvious what people don't like though there is no feeling of what they would like.

To put this into context I like Lady J's pose. Do I like the detailing on her? No but I can't actually put my finger on why so cannot provide and completely useful feedback there.

The judge for me has lost his character, yes the hat is awesome but holding his sword to one side as though ready to strike in his old editions made him look like a badass. Now to me he's lost his presence.

The Death Marshals. I only actually like the middle one's pose. Rising up with the coffin on his back as though he's just unleashed his necromantic teaching. It conveys character in what Death Marshals are capable of and what they have sacrificed. In my mind DM's look like normal people (though with sunken eyes etc) before they encounter undead or an adversary, then let their powers through.

The other two while dynamic poses (And I do like dynamic) have too much motion for me in them, the peacebringers look awesome but those two marshals, as already said previously the poses look silly though for me it's that the coats and bits of leather seem to move independantly of the marshals motion.

Lastly the scales. For some reason this guy stands out for me and it's the little things that do it. The whole model shows he's been made an example out of. From the nails through the leg, to the tight ropes digging into it's flesh. As well as the subtlety that one side of the scales are lower than the other.

Reserving the majority of my judgment and such till I see the models themselves or at least a larger better quality picture. Of the poses, I don't really have any major problems as I already felt that Death Marshals had some odd poses. Liked the leaping one the most of the originals and of the three in that little picture I would have to say that the kneeling middle pose is my favorate so far. That said I do kind of hope that Wyrd throws us a bone and gives us an alternate head for each of the Death Marshals. One of them doing their scary flame face and one more like their old ones. Be a nice touch for those that want to specialize their models. If not there is always the option if the head is a seperate piece to convert it instead. I mean perhaps some of the heads in the Rpg character sprue thing will be suitable to use or convert if push comes to shove.

As for Lady J, going to have to see the final model. Her metal Alt looked good to me and the dimensions seemed fair if I remember right so if the plastic does not fit the bill and I don't think I can convert it, then I will go after it.

I love the look of the Scales of Justice. I liked the old model, but this one is amazing. Lady J's pose is great, and will add a nice addition to the other two I have. If they keep this up, I will be able to do an all Lady J crew, which would be AMAZING!

The pose on the crouching death marshal

The new Scales

That the other death marshals are jumping off of coffins, very dynamic

Dislikes:

Lady J's hair. her momentum is going to her left, how is her hair ahead of her? I really dislike the hair specifically.

Lady J's outfit. I really like the corset & jeans combo on the original sculpt.

Neutral/Undecided:

Lady J's pose. I'll have to see the model to decide how I feel.

Poses of the jumping death marshals. They don't look very good to me, but the 3D versions could be much better than I'm imagining.

Flaming heads...we'll see

Complicated:

The Judge. I love this art. I love everything about the picture, and I expect to love everything about the model when it's released...I just don't want it to be the Judge. I really like the original Judge; enough that I still try to get him to work for me and be useful. I understand that new sculpts mean redesigns, but this is very different from the original model. It is similar to the old concept art, I suppose. I would have much preferred to see this art as a new character, or a resculpt of some other guild model (Death Marshal, Stalker, Handler, etc).

I will probably buy this box, but my overall impression is less than thrilled.

I can understand and empathize with people not liking the new direction (and yes, from the look of the pictures we've seen so far, this is the direction for Malifaux design, not just the Lady J art), but at the same time, I think a lot of the "defenders" of the art are reacting to something in posts by "attackers" that seems to suggest that the art is objectively bad. It is not.

It's perfectly reasonable to dislike a piece of art. There are subjective elements to art, and if this art doesn't fit your taste, fine. Voice your opinion. Fine. However, it's worth noting that Wyrd, nor any other company which produces works of art cannot please everyone. I love the new direction. I feel for those of you who dislike it, but it is in all likelihood not ruinous. Many people seem to like it, and the idea of a consistent scale and art for all of Malifaux is fantastic. To my taste, in the past, quite a bit of Malifaux has been off-putting in art design. I wouldn't pick up any of the Neverborn until their alts were released because I didn't like their sculpts.

That's life. Find things you like, or don't, but realize that none of the new stuff is going to be perfectly fitted to everyone's tastes, but the old stuff wasn't either. My wife loves Rasputina, but doesn't like the new art at all. She has, however, found a new crew which suits her just fine. I hope those of you displeased with this art find similar solace. I, for one, will picking up Justice her new crew at my earliest opportunity.

I can understand and empathize with people not liking the new direction (and yes, from the look of the pictures we've seen so far, this is the direction for Malifaux design, not just the Lady J art), but at the same time, I think a lot of the "defenders" of the art are reacting to something in posts by "attackers" that seems to suggest that the art is objectively bad. It is not.

I, on the whole, rather like the new direction. I like the newest plastics more than the last metals (the first metals were in my mind the best, but then again my join date is earlier than anyone else's on this thread, so that's kinda to be expected, I guess). However, this particular crew was a big miss in my mind.

Also, have people cut off hair and then sculpted the end to look good? Because I find that continuing the strands in straight, long hair so that it doesn't leave an ugly join is really difficult. Then again, I'm not the greatest sculptor around and yet I'm rather particular about the end results, so maybe all the others are better or else just not very picky.

I like a lot about the new models and the game's ultimate and new design as well. I just dislike the notion to make things look 'epic' or downright silly to have them appear as 'cool'. The whole charm behind the Death Marshals was that they were ruthless and cold cowboys with coffins slung on their backs. Now they will have burning heads. Cool looking and actually being cool are two different things.

Approaches like this is what I dislike about the new style, especially when they drastically change the models from their origins.

All of the book 4 models are based on this style but work well because they were entirely new. Now we're to the point where old is being replaced by new. Changing the models so drastically from their old flare is not really a great idea, in my opinion. They could have easily given the death marshals the same flare with the new design, but went for an entirely different approach to them with silly burning skull heads.

I guess tinkering around with necromancy makes your head burn. D:

My thoughts, overall I like the art.

Lady J pose I like.

Her hair defies physics and I hope gets fixed.

Bare midriff doesn't bother me.

Her bosom appears more reasonably proportioned, though are hidden by her arms in the picture. That they can be hidden by her arms is why I think they're smaller than before.

I like the ghost riders and believe they fit the dead of winter fluff. I do understand the complaints about this as the old models are really nice.

Judge seems boring to me, personal opinion (as is the rest of this)

I don't like the scales. I can't really explain why though.

I read through the thread and only saw one person reference it and nobody quote it. So here's the likely justification for the flaming skulls. Taken from the Dead of Winter pdf.

Hansen didn’t like those odds. He squinted his gaze at the closest zombie. His upper lip pulled up in a snarl. A growl rolled from his throat. The flames began in his eyes, filling his sockets with roiling inferno. It spread across his face, pushing light from beneath his skin, and igniting into flame. The illumination grew; his skull luminous through his flesh.

Granted, that was Hansen, a named Death Marshall. But we've already been told the story will continue to evolve with 2E. So it would seem Death Marshals will gain the ability to power up for a short time, possibly weakening themselves for future rounds.

I read through the thread and only saw one person reference it and nobody quote it. So here's the likely justification for the flaming skulls. Taken from the Dead of Winter pdf.

Granted, that was Hansen, a named Death Marshall. But we've already been told the story will continue to evolve with 2E. So it would seem Death Marshals will gain the ability to power up for a short time, possibly weakening themselves for future rounds.

So that was one spell effect and they've chosen to include it on ll three death marshal models? What's next...All Witchlings have a spell effect for dispel moulded out of plastic? One DM I can see, and possibly like, having the firey skull effect but all of them? Not a fan.

So that was one spell effect and they've chosen to include it on ll three death marshal models? What's next...All Witchlings have a spell effect for dispel moulded out of plastic? One DM I can see, and possibly like, having the firey skull effect but all of them? Not a fan.

Or it could be the mystical energy in the coffins that are making them all glow like that now. The story is getting advanced, so perhaps that is why they are flaming. Of course, its all speculation until the book comes out...