Did you all see this M2E Lady Justice Spoiler?

Final_Crucible

Wow. This thread is kinda blowing my mind. If you're a Justice player, you've already got at least one, maybe two Justice figures, some Death Marshals and maybe the Judge. So, you're good, right? I'm not sure how this, even if you don't like it, is a horrible affront.

My thoughts exactly

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. This thread is kinda blowing my mind. If you're a Justice player, you've already got at least one, maybe two Justice figures, some Death Marshals and maybe the Judge. So, you're good, right? I'm not sure how this, even if you don't like it, is a horrible affront. Personally, I'm over the moon. Though the image is a little unclear on the poses until you look closely, the new DMs look fantastic. The Judge finally looks cool, as far as I'm concerned. I've never owned him, and I have a Justice crew. And Lady J...and realism...oooooook. You guys have fun with that.

Lol I completely agree. There is an awful lot of negativity on this thread.

In fact, I would go so far as to say there is actually alot of negativity surrounding 2.0 if you read between the lines of comments. There is an awful lot of: "I don't like X", "Y always sucked I hope they fix it by...", "Z sounds like its going to be broken". I'm not saying its explicit, but there are alot of rumblings going on around the forum lately.

As I said, that is my interpretation of reading between the lines of certain threads and posts.

However, everyone relax, calm down, if you don't like a model the world doesnt end, just go ahead and grab yourself the current metals ones, and if you don't like those either move along and choose another crew or play the crew anyway for the fun of doing so. Its a hobby, not life and death here.

I for one like the artwork, and if it turns out to be a genuine representation of the new justice models then I'll judge them officially when I see the new models, and will just take this for what it is, a nice picture and sneek peak at the future releases.

You'd think you all saw a picture of one of those post-modern monstrosities where someone had taken a dump and called it art lol.

Calm down, take a breath and wait for the finished product before passing your judgement (how ironic :) ).

My take...

Lady J:

+ Ninja pose

- Heels (always dumb on combat folks), - skimpy clothing (at least they seem relatively practical...no chainmail bikini)

Judge:

+ Witch hunter hat! YES!

Scales:

+ Not a crucifix

- Skimpy clothing (see above), - her hair is going to be on fire in 2 seconds

Marshalls:

+ burning ghosty skulls (they look more badass and less sullen/sickly), + new poses

if I need cheesecake, I go to the bakery; I don't really seek it out in my figures :Powerful_Puppet:

Lol I completely agree. There is an awful lot of negativity on this thread.

Yup.

The question is, why do the people who do like it have this burning desire to assign negative motivations to the people who don't? Do we need to start accusing the people who think they look great of being blind?

People don't like the image. I mean, on the three forums I go to that talk about Malifaux, all have had an overwhelmingly negative reaction to it. Why are you and the others so convinced that it's just a bunch of haterade, and not a terrible lineup?

Edited by Jonas Albrecht

I mean, if your worst argument is skimpy clothing, it's not the end of the world.

Check out the Anima miniature game if you want to see skimpy - the miniatures do not have a lot of clothing, but if the sculpts are well done, and the poses are dynamic, I dont mind skimpy.

And this is coming from a girl :P

Judge:

+ Witch hunter hat! YES!

Scales:

+ Not a crucifix

:

I also like this two things - but burning skulls and LJ ninja look are not OK for me. The fluff do not mention burning skulls - frequently sickly/strange look of DM.

Edited by caen

However, everyone relax, calm down, if you don't like a model the world doesnt end, just go ahead and grab yourself the current metals ones, and if you don't like those either move along and choose another crew or play the crew anyway for the fun of doing so. Its a hobby, not life and death here.

It's enough "life and death" for you to care anyhow ;) As for the negativity about Malifaux 2.0, I'm super exited about it!

I mean, if your worst argument is skimpy clothing, it's not the end of the world.

Check out the Anima miniature game if you want to see skimpy - the miniatures do not have a lot of clothing, but if the sculpts are well done, and the poses are dynamic, I dont mind skimpy.

And this is coming from a girl :P

For me it's not so much about the skimpy clothes as about the serious lack in diversity in the ways women are portrayed in miniature games (and in the media/entertainment-world in general) compared to men. And that you are a girl does little to change that.

Edited by c0un7_z3r0

I pretty much hate the drudge, and don't care for the Flaming skulls. Lady J looks more ninja than I ever pictured her--not god, not bad, just slightly alien.

I think I'll stick with the metals. I worry that people new to Malifaux might have a very different idea of how this crew plays based on artwork than what it will actually play like. I''d expect the DMs to be throwning around balls of fire from their guns, Lady J to act like Misaki or Mei Feng, and Judge to be...not all that different from how judge plays in 1.X, actually.

All art in gaming evolves. All models change over time as new tech and new ideas advance. Gamers don't like change even if that means changing the complaining about stuff they want to change. It's a wait and see world. No two people look at art of any type in the same way. You'll find stuff to like/dislike if you try hard enough. :aura Just my .02

The Ghost Rider heads.

Please Wyrd - when did DMs go from being real people being slowly corrupted by the powers they were sworn and trained to combat into flaming skulled freaks?

When did you decide to turn Malifaux into the cheap saturday morning cartoon fodder, mimicing a second rate comic character? There's no darkness or grit in these models. None whatsoever.

The original DMs were iconic and an integral part of the Malifaux aesthetic, symbolising the Guild perfectly as the upstanding bastion of humanity being taken over by the things it stood against. That's the sort of stuff you built your world on. Not this nonsense.

Please PLEASE don't ruin my faction, and some of my favourite models, like this.

My point of view is exactly the same.

Minions: Misaki and Hamelin (also very distinctive element of MalifauX fluff ) are gone in M2E and now DM are corrupted into something very different from DM that brings my attention to MalifauX.

The question is, why do the people who do like it have this burning desire to assign negative motivations to the people who don't? Do we need to start accusing the people who think they look great of being blind?

People don't like the image. I mean, on the three forums I go to that talk about Malifaux, all have had an overwhelmingly negative reaction to it. Why are you and the others so convinced that it's just a bunch of haterade, and not a terrible lineup?

I'm not assigning negative motovations, the people who are being so negative ... well ... have negative motovations.

Its a drawing. Its not the officially released plastics and even if it was, a sculpt your not particularly happy with IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD THAT PEOPLE ARE MAKING IT OUT TO BE OMG AARRRGGHHH!!!.

If you don't like the sculpt when its released, don't buy it, that's absolutely fine.

But what I was actually commenting on was a negative vibe that has begun to appear in various posts in general, as well as specifically this one, regarding new Malifaux 2.0.

I just think that negativity BEFORE GETTING TO SEE THE ACTUAL PRODUCT (emphasis here is mine and intended) is a little bit over the top and is typical of the modern internet where every little thing IS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!

If you don't like it, great, come on here and share your comments.

But as has been mentioned:

1. Complaining about things that aren't actually there is silly, aka, "The Death Marshal's leg looks ridiculous" ... oh wait ... its not his leg.

2. "Lady Justice's Hair and Clothes looks silly and make her look like a hooker" I'm glad I logged in and am reading this months vogue or some feminist study group ... oh wait ... nevermind.

3. Finally just the general sense of "I DONT LIKE IT, I DONT LIKE IT!!!!" when as I said, it isn't a finished product, it is a picture. Even if it is an intended representation (not proven yet as far as I can tell) ... it is still a picture.

Your asking why I'm putting such a negative light on those who don't like it?

I'm not, they are doing it themselves by doing what the internet always does, hates everything.

Its more fun to hate something before you even see it than to wait until its released and form a proper list of your issues and problems.

But, hey, like I said, that's just my opinion. I'm not trying to start a whole thing. I'm just asking that maybe people should wait a little before losing their minds.

I want 2.0 to be good, so I'm taking a postive approach and will only critique it when I have played it and seen the releases. Being negative now just creates a bad release vibe and atmosphere for the release imo.

Imagine working on something, giving sneek peeks (again is this even offical lol!) and then everyone complaining and moaning would about it. That would just suck the fun and excitement out of everything wouldn't it?

But feel free to disagree and make me out to be trolling everyone who hates the model, like I said, I'm not intentionally starting a whole big thing deliberately.

I must say, apart from my thoughts on Lady J, the judge looks kind of cool (dynamic pose and cool hat) and the scales of justice could be quite cool (the picture is small and all though). I'm not so hyped by the DM though, much of it due to their poses, but also because of their burning heads (it looks a bit too obviously supernatural/monstrous). That is except for the one kneeling, that one looks pretty cool actually and somehow his burning head just works for me...

Edited by c0un7_z3r0

D-A-C: I'd agree with you to some extent(the people who are just saying Don't like and letting it go have perfectly valid opinions. and the DM in questions leg still looks silly, even if it doesn''t look as silly as first reaction suggested) but you have to keep in mind that one of the goals of the new plastic was to be able to look like the art. If the art is bad, or you hate it, then chances are that the model won't fill you with joy.

Are people over-reacting? sure. But part of that is the natural instinct to double down when confronted by people saying you are wrong. The negativity in this thread is coming from both sides, and it just reinforces itself.

As for me, I've given my reasons why I don't like the new art, and they mostly stem from aesthetic vs play. ( I do miss the undead cowboy look.) So While I'll watch the thread, I probably won't comment again except in response to responses to me.

Its a drawing. Its not the officially released plastics and even if it was, a sculpt your not particularly happy with IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD THAT PEOPLE ARE MAKING IT OUT TO BE OMG AARRRGGHHH!!!

I agree with your comments and I must say I'm not a fan of female character models in any wargame and was pretty sure I was never going to pick a crew with a female leader (yay Rezzers) but this image may convert me as I really like what I'm seeing.

Personally I like high heels on a woman in real life or otherwise so I'm not against them being on Lady J. Not practical for fighting? I don't care. It's all about the flip anyway aka not realistic.

Also (most of) the negative reactions really annoy me as it's not so much constructive criticism but it looks like people are trying to top the other negative comments eg. player 1: I hate the look of this. player 2: I hate this and the box set will be a piece of crap. player 3: I hate this, it's a piece of crap and I'll never play this game again.

Edited by Crooked Grin

Imagine working on something, giving sneek peeks (again is this even offical lol!) and then everyone complaining and moaning would about it. That would just suck the fun and excitement out of everything wouldn't it?

Yeah, I was actually thinking about. I do feel bad that Eric's art unveiling didn't go over well. But I think as an industry professional he understands that it's not going to all be loud approval and silent disapproval.

Anyway, you're not wrong. There have been some really silly grousing about the changes coming to Malifaux 2.0, from people not privvy to the details their complaining about. However, this is an art preview that has merits people can judge it on. Wait and see? Why? Why would people wait to see if the models are going to be as terrible as they perceive the art to be before speaking out? If they do, it's too late for that opinion to matter. Hell, with the way Wyrd does plastics, it may already be too late.

So, stuff "wait and see" for complaining. Especially since you're not going to apply those standards to the positive reactions.

I'm not assigning negative motovations, the people who are being so negative ... well ... have negative motovations.

Its a drawing. Its not the officially released plastics and even if it was, a sculpt your not particularly happy with IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD THAT PEOPLE ARE MAKING IT OUT TO BE OMG AARRRGGHHH!!!.

If you don't like the sculpt when its released, don't buy it, that's absolutely fine.

But what I was actually commenting on was a negative vibe that has begun to appear in various posts in general, as well as specifically this one, regarding new Malifaux 2.0.

I just think that negativity BEFORE GETTING TO SEE THE ACTUAL PRODUCT (emphasis here is mine and intended) is a little bit over the top and is typical of the modern internet where every little thing IS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!

Dude, isn't it better and more fair to let somebody know what you think before things are written in stone, that is until the miniature is released? And being critical isn't the same thing as being negative is it? I'd say having a critical debate about things is rather positive. I'm not saying everything that everyone who didn't like these pictures has written in this thread is constructive, but neither is everything written by those who do like the picture.

Personaly i am not a huge fan of new ladyj. Wont kill me if it comes out like this but meh wyrd can and often does do a better job than this.

I think part of what works for guild is they dont look like monsters. Thats a big part of what makes them guild in malifaux. Even when they are corupted by dark magic they look the part of being lawmen.

Many models in the line are monsters lucious, judge, stalkers and they wear masks to hide the deformed. Guild should look the part even when we know they are just as evil as the rest.

All art in gaming evolves. All models change over time as new tech and new ideas advance. Gamers don't like change even if that means changing the complaining about stuff they want to change.

I hate when people say "X group hates change". Nobody likes change, thousands of years of evolution have taught to fear the unknown and change is the harbinger of that. Once the public beta is out and once we see sculpt renders, people will be more rationale about M2E....I hope. I am not saying everyone will love it, but they will have a clearer picture of what is going on and can judge passed on the known and not the unknown.

I like change! Stagnation can be as bad as change. Not that it's relevant, I don't think anything about Malifaux is anywhere close to stagnation.

I'm completely neutral on Lady Justice, pretty much no matter what they do to her. So I can't fairly comment on her.

I think the DM's look pretty neat...Partially because of TFS DBZ abridged..."I'm on fire!"

The thing with this is, for some people it really is important. The plastic models and the existing metal models are nothing alike-- the plastics are smaller, better proportioned, lighter, etc. When you put a plastic next to a metal, (especially a giant figure like Lady J), they look differently-scaled. Hell, even some of the metal minis don't scale up next to each other, in the same crew-- Francisco and Santiago come to mind. If you decided to just 'grab yourself the current metal ones', your models would forever be larger and bulkier than any of the forthcoming releases.

Lots of people have favorite crews. Say you have a favorite crew. You love this crew, it's your best playstyle, you play one or two others but keep coming back to this one. But the models have always been a little lackluster in their sculpts. They're usable, and you might even like them by themselves, but they could be better.

But now Wyrd says all the crews are getting re-done in plastic! They'll be more cohesive, they'll all be on the same scale! You know there'll be change, but that's okay, the first few redesigns look awesome. And then your crew comes out!

...And they look terrible.

And then someone on the board says "Oh come on, if you don't like them you don't have to buy them! Play another crew, it's not like it's life and death."

What would your response be? "Okay. I guess I shouldn't have hoped to have my chosen crew in plastic anyway. I'll keep my opinion to myself." You're right it's not the end of the world, it's just disappointing when you DID want to buy the minis, and now you just wish you still did.

Also, I'm pretty sure with Wyrd's plastic method, the art gets turned into the render that gets turned into the model, at least most of the time. So yeah, it's entirely possible these are the sculpts.

Edited by Tuesday