Did you all see this M2E Lady Justice Spoiler?

Final_Crucible

EDIT: It'll be interesting to see if the disco dancing marshall is drawn/sculpted by the same person who sculpted the awful current ice gamin who is in virtually the same pose

He' NOT disco dancing if you take a good look you can see both legs are bend at the knee, what's sticking out is part of his coat.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep looking at the picture. And I still don't like it at all.

The poses are questionable, Justice decided to suddenly go out in her underwear and none of it improves on what has gone before.

Still: there is only one detail that makes it unbearably bad.

The Ghost Rider heads.

Please Wyrd - when did DMs go from being real people being slowly corrupted by the powers they were sworn and trained to combat into flaming skulled freaks?

When did you decide to turn Malifaux into the cheap saturday morning cartoon fodder, mimicing a second rate comic character? There's no darkness or grit in these models. None whatsoever.

The original DMs were iconic and an integral part of the Malifaux aesthetic, symbolising the Guild perfectly as the upstanding bastion of humanity being taken over by the things it stood against. That's the sort of stuff you built your world on. Not this nonsense.

Please PLEASE don't ruin my faction, and some of my favourite models, like this.

Edited by fishtank

This Lady J makes me disappointed and a little "sad". What I've always loved with Malifaux is that they first of all got plenty of female miniatures and second that many of the female miniatures actually look as if they are brought to the table to fight not strutting along a fashion runway or grinding themselves against a metal pole (OK, there were plenty of those before as well but in relation to others I'd say wyrd has been doing OK).

But this new Lady J "now with even less clothes, come and see!" gets me a bit worried. And whats up with high heels on female fighters!!? This whole "women can be strong and sexy/cute" starts to get a little old imo (pssst women can, just as men, be colorful characters without being forced to look sexually attractive to the opposite sex).

Edited by c0un7_z3r0

along with the new Ronins

There's a picture of the new Ronins? Haven't seen that one yet. Can you post a link please?

Still: there is only one detail that makes it unbearably bad.

The Ghost Rider heads.

This plus the ridiculous 10' hair. Once Lady J stops fighting/posing she'll drag her hair behind her through the mud.

In This Thread: The annual complaint about the exploitation of fictional female characters, and the likelihood of whether or not fighting in high heels in a world of living 10' teddy bears is realistic.

It's not like fictional characters are an phenomenon isolated from the "real world" is it? Apart from that, "the exploitation of fictional female characters" more often than not makes them look rather silly, unimaginative and boring imo. Some diversity would be ace non the less

The original Lady J model is a blindfolded pinup doll with a sword that appears to be compensating and melons larger than her head.

I understand that people have their own aesthetic tastes, but Lady J has always been a bit of cheesecake.

(PS: autocorrect wanted to change "always" to "sleazy" which I felt was funny and apropos)

Sure, many om the female minis in Malifaux have always been quite "cheescake" but why not make things a bit more diverse and interesting now that everything shall be redone? I mean imagine if most male minis would look like Conan the Barbarian (or had a strong resemblance to him), how exciting would that be?

I'm not even going to touch the exploitation and stripper-heels and cheesecake talk, because that seems like a fast track to losing this thread to the void, but I just think Lady J now looks even less like a badass government agent/undead-fighter than she did before. Also, I didn't even realize that was her hair until someone pointed it out-- I thought she had some weird scarf on.

Even setting aside all the gender-based quibbling that Justice seems to inspire, it's just bad. I'm sorry.

The thing about effects like flames is that they look great in artwork. (or at least, can look great in artwork) On models often significantly less so unless you are a really good painter and even then it can be hard to make it work. Still, the picture is to small for me to really say. The art works for me, but I also got no vested interest in how any of the models look and no strong mental picture of anyone in the box so...

This is the best box ever....

....for my wallet, that is. There's absolutely no chance I'm gonna buy that piece of crap. I like the idea of the DM being slightly creepy as opposed to blatant "WERE ALL NECROMANTIC SUPERHEROS!!!1!" (wasn't necromancy officially outlawed?). Lady J as anime ninja doesn't speak to me at all (because what a blind person needs is a random scarf to get tangled in), the Judge looking guild-generic enough to pass...

Not getting the new aesthetic at all. So far the only good M2E minis for me are Raspy's ice minions (and possibly because the old ones were soooo bad).

Wow. This thread is kinda blowing my mind. If you're a Justice player, you've already got at least one, maybe two Justice figures, some Death Marshals and maybe the Judge. So, you're good, right? I'm not sure how this, even if you don't like it, is a horrible affront. Personally, I'm over the moon. Though the image is a little unclear on the poses until you look closely, the new DMs look fantastic. The Judge finally looks cool, as far as I'm concerned. I've never owned him, and I have a Justice crew. And Lady J...and realism...oooooook. You guys have fun with that.