Tournament Guild Force

IntereoVivo

Hey folks, I have a tournament coming up and I was wondering if you could help me out with something. I recently got and painted the Sonia box set and was considering picking up McCabe's box + a box of Riflemen.

If I wanted to have a reasonable tourney pool for the tournament coming up on Sat, what else do I need to get? I'd stck with those two masters, but what minions would make my life easier?

I've never played Guild before but it should be fun :)

You may want to pick up some clockwork traps as McCabe kinda comes with 2 even though they are not in his box.

Additionally you may want some guild hounds for Luna to run around with as well as for Sonnia to blow up.

If you would like some sonnia summoning shenanigans you could bring 1 or 2 desperate mercs. The bonus is that this is a good 2 point model and a round 1 inferno will leave them on 1 wound which is good for them and sonnia.

I always like death marshals and of possibly more stalkers.

If it is a larger stone tourney you may want to look into Lucius. Plenty of synergy with McCabe's guardsman models or allow sonnia to blast into other deplayment zone in turn one. Though it usually has to be 35+ SS game for me to bring him as he's 10ss and really needs some of his own models(those riflemen work) to get the most out of him.

Watcher, Witchling Handler, Guild Hounds, Nino, Santiago, desperate mercenaries and a totem like model (Purifying flame/Brutal Effegy/Sergeant/...). The Guild Captain could be of use to. The Attennn-Hut! and Menace spell offers some variations to the overall strategy. And the Captain is an ok allrounder model that is good as a melee tank as well (just remember to ask at the tournament how they understand the Menace spell rule). Ryle could also be an interesting choice as he offers some pretty unique solutions to some strategies. Supply wagon strat. comes to mind ;)

Well, With Sonia as the Master, almost any crew will work..it just depends on how you play her...Even the Lawyer works with her...

Watcher, Witchling Handler, Guild Hounds, Nino, Santiago, desperate mercenaries and a totem like model (Purifying flame/Brutal Effegy/Sergeant/...). The Guild Captain could be of use to. The Attennn-Hut! and Menace spell offers some variations to the overall strategy. And the Captain is an ok allrounder model that is good as a melee tank as well (just remember to ask at the tournament how they understand the Menace spell rule). Ryle could also be an interesting choice as he offers some pretty unique solutions to some strategies. Supply wagon strat. comes to mind ;)

Well, With Sonia as the Master, almost any crew will work..it just depends on how you play her...Even the Lawyer works with her...

You left out Austringers and the Guardian for some reason.

For a 25ss campaign I ran a Sonia crew that was just Witchling Stalkers and Guild Hounds that was surprisingly effective. The Stalkers would tie up models and shut down magic so Sonia could move up and nuke them while the Hounds either grabbed/performed objectives or engaged/threatened backfield models. Both types of models made for good blast bouncers and the large numbers of models often let me out activitate my opponents. I put the crew together out of laziness but was surprised how well it worked given its simplicity.

So, I may have gone overboard (like normal). I got:

Perdita

McCabe

Sonia

LadyJ

Judge

Death Marshall

3x Stalkers

Hopkins

3x Riflemen

Austringer

Niño

Santiago

Papa Loco

Francisco

Executioner

Abuela

3x Wastrels

Sidir

Luna

Sue

Watcher

Guardian

If I had to pick one master to build and paint and play on Sat, who would you recommend and what models would you build/paint to go with them?

If it was only 1 master then probably Perdita or McCabe with

Nino

Austringer

3x Stalkers

Sidir

Judge

Watcher

Guardian/Executioner

Luna (if McCabe)

If theres a strong resser/rasputina/neverborn presence then

Sonnia w/

3x Stalkers

Nino

Sidir

Watcher

Austringer

3x Riflemen

Santiago

Judge/Executioner

Thanks Sonova. I got most of those models put together yesterday and will be speed painting today and tomorrow.

I have Perdita, Sonnia and LadyJ already painted. Would it be reasonable to take McCabe with the models Sonova listed and then just swap in one of the Guild Ladies? Or are McCabes crews too specific to himself?

Thanks Sonova. I got most of those models put together yesterday and will be speed painting today and tomorrow.

I have Perdita, Sonnia and LadyJ already painted. Would it be reasonable to take McCabe with the models Sonova listed and then just swap in one of the Guild Ladies? Or are McCabes crews too specific to himself?

I just chose the models based on the most likely things you would face in tournaments.

McCabe is a strange kettle of fish to be honest. His shooting is weak so he wont kill anything but he's decently fast and can help your crew get into position. He is decently tanky however so he is decent at attracting attention and absorbing hits. In that sense he can fit into any strategy you might flip but you will really have to select the crew for the strat since they will be doing the heavy lifting.

So in that sense swapping in one of the ladies will be fine since guild masters are more about covering gaps in your overall game plan than actually dictating your overall play like say the neverborn or outcast masters.

Edited by Sonova