WalkingInBlack's Painting and maybe some Converting

WalkingInBlack

Here is Ophelia LaCroix in Pink and with Blonde hair, the dark green skin seems to fit well with the pink... well ad least I think so :)

post-11541-13911928921308_thumb.jpg

Here is Ophelia LaCroix in Black and with brown hair, hmm well the dark green skin doesn't seem to go well with the all black outfit so I might have to redo or slightly alter it, the skin that is.

post-11541-13911928921696_thumb.jpg

Thanks.

Ophelia with the pink outfit wasn't based on some one so it’s pure accidental :)

Ophelia in black has/is still giving me some problem do to too many dark colors and I’m having a hard time to figure out what to do about it as she isn’t meant to have any bright colors, I did tri to do highlights on the black clothes but it seemed to me to just make it look like it wasn’t all black like I wanted/planed.

They were originally painted to be used with something else then Malifaux, but who says that Ophelia isn’t changing hair color and clothes now and then ;)

I’m still planning to paint another miniature in her original colors and then another one in a dark red outfit, I was also planning to buy to more Ophelia miniatures to convert into pirates… ya I got a Ophelia LaCroix project on my hands I guess :)

I did paint her crew from the box too, so she not all alone ;)

I think I like the skin a little lighter on the gremlins, but personal taste aside, you've done a fine job on both versions. As for eye catching, Lady Lacroix in Pink is the one I'd put on the table. Post up the whole Lacroix gang you've got painted up so we can see how they look together on the table.

-DavicusPrime

Here is Raphael LaCroix, simple colors but as close to the picture on the card as possible and a little highlight here and there, no gun because it wasn't in the box.

post-11541-13911928924063_thumb.jpg

Here is Francois LaCroix, I like how the cigar ended up but it's not easy to se in this pic, I also tried to get as close as possible to the picture on the card with the exception of the skin. I'm still having problems with highlighting black so I might have to go back and redo the black areas. He doesn't have his pistol but not because it wasn't there but I'm thinking of giving him a diffrent pistol or something else.

post-11541-13911928924282_thumb.jpg

Rami LaCroix are giving me some problems and need to go back to the painting table, Pere Ravagé and his pig is painted but not on their base which need some rethinking or it's just me not happy enough with how it looks.

Nice project.

Have to agree with some of the others posting above about lightening up the gremlin skin tone a bit. It will make some of the more dark, black, or leathery outfits with a little contrast.

Overall this is great stuff. Any idea how the basing will go yet?

Hmm the bases, well the two Ophelias pink and black will get their own unique bases do to the fact that they were painted to be used with something else, but I’ll still be able to use one of them till I paint my version of Ophelia LaCroix in her real colors, the rest I'm not 100% sure about their bases except for Pere Ravagé which will have a swampy looking base.

This is Pere Ravagé's Base, it's not finished yet do to the fact it still needs some minor things done on it, like the muddy water needs to be given a glossy look so it will look more like muddy water and I wanted to ad some rush or reeds.

post-11541-13911928944776_thumb.jpg

I have also started to collect things for my Pirate Ophelia conversion, but I'm probably not going to start that project before I finish my other things and I have to many ideas on how I want her to look, too many options, too little time and too many things to collect :)

Edited by WalkingInBlack

Pigs actually aren't pink. It is a more human flesh tone, actually. I'd use Cadian Fleshtone with a sprinkle of pink and a pinch of purple to base coat and then add more flesh tone while working yourself up. Add Elf Flesh for final highlights.

Hmm well I use the paint I got ad hand and elf flesh looked to be the best choice because my dwraf flesh had dried out :)

I think I'll try to use a light pinkish color, the flesh color looks a bit of when I look ad the other pigs seen in the pictures in the Wyrd online store, but I'll try diffrent things, my first version ended up looking like a roasted pig... that might have made sense in a way wouldn't it ;)

Here is my repainted Ophelia in Black, I painted her skin in a more light color and I "tried" to paint her top like Michael Evans did with Perdita in one of his Youtube tutorials... not really a success after my opinion.

post-11541-13911929117905_thumb.jpg

I think I'll try to redo the top ad some point, but I got a bigger mess to deal with ad the moment.

Okay I took a look ad the picture before the repainting and the new one... ah well it doesn't look like such a big difference but I did use a brighter color so I’m a bit annoyed, however the miniature itself shows a big difference the skin color is brighter but seems to not show it in the pictures, but I guarantee you it’s brighter :)

• 1 month later...

I like the swamp look you have got for your bases. For the ophelia, I'd go for even lighter skin. As you said before, the dark clothes and dark skin make the model seem a bit dull, and I don't quite think there is enough contrast there yet. Looking at Pere Ravage, his skin colour looks fine, because he is wearing lighter clothes. Working out where the contrsts and accents are going to be on your model will really help them to "pop".

• 2 months later...
I like the swamp look you have got for your bases. For the ophelia, I'd go for even lighter skin. As you said before, the dark clothes and dark skin make the model seem a bit dull, and I don't quite think there is enough contrast there yet. Looking at Pere Ravage, his skin colour looks fine, because he is wearing lighter clothes. Working out where the contrsts and accents are going to be on your model will really help them to "pop".

Thanks for the feedback, ya a bit late for thanking you but better now then never ;), I have been thinking about making black-clothed Ophelia's skin more light, but I haven’t been able to go any further then the thinking part, being busy with other things tend to making it hard to get some painting done but I’m trying to get some painting done soon, and again thanks for the feed back :)

Here are two Beckoners.

This one still has some miner things to fix but beyond that she is almost finished. Hmm strangely enough the picture make her look half finished.

post-11541-13911930861378_thumb.jpg

This one... is just giving me trouble and I’m guessing it’ll take some time to finish her, but hopefully I’ll get it done… eventually ;)

post-11541-13911930861618_thumb.jpg

Edited by WalkingInBlack