How to make quick and easy Treasure counters

Big Ned

That was the initial point of my question. I wanted to see boxes full of dynamite.

challenge-accepted_zps4b0d42d3.png

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

20130412_223527_zps177c6c3c.jpg

I've made the model, I've taken the pictures. I just need to write down what I did.

Hmm, the regular thread idea may be the way I go. Thanks for the idea.

Can't wait to see the step by step for the dynamite in a box.

These little projects have been a nice diversion to slow down my painting and force me to take my time.

Different strokes...I rarely have the motivation / inspiration to work on just one model to completion (I think Bad Juju has been a recent exception), so I'll grab a crew or two to get all of one color done at a time. Base coat for flesh, check, skin tone, check, who is going to be wearing color X? Check. Eventually it comes down to paint some weapons and some boots, do any touchups, and they're all done. When I get hung up or bored of any of those phases, projects like these are definitely a welcome relief.

Another option for texturing the "wood" is use a wire brush. This will give more variety to the "grain" and do away with the risk of uniform lines you get when using the saw blades. Thats way I distress the planks on my western buildings now.

If have a old kiwi shoe shining kit laying around, the brush from it is perfect.

You do very nice things Big Ned :)

harbinger@: nice idea, let me use it for my bases and counters :)