Thoughts on my Gremlin crew selection:

jonboy

Going up against either Lilith and her Nephilim or Von Schill with a Freikorps team, I wanted to get Gracie, Bert and Wong into some action and figured Ophelia would fit better than Som'er, thoughts? Thanks!

Outcasts Crew - 35 - Scrap

Ophelia Lacroix
--
2 Pool

• Bert Jebsen
    [6ss]

• Francois Lacroix
    [5ss]

• Gracie
    [7ss]

• Hog Whisperer
    [5ss]

• Rami Lacroix
    [6ss]

• Slop Hauler
    [4ss]

• Wong
    [6ss]

Against those crews you are going to want some Young Lacroixs and a few more stones. I would drop the Hog Whisperer (who really does nothing for the crew) and possibly the Slop Hauler (by himself he slows the crew down or requires Ophelia to burn one of her 0 Actions to keep him up). He does add some durability (by resetting Hard to Kill) to the group so it is a bit of a difficult choice.

VonSchill is a huge pain in the ass to kill especially when you dont have a ton of ranged strikes to do it. The crew will hit hard but he doesn't really care as long as he has Soulstones to use for Healing flips on the Slow to Die action.

Edited by Omenbringer

I can see why the Hog Whisperer is in there and that is to give some Sooey's to Burt/Gracie. Unfortunately, you're not going to be getting many of those in with Ophelia. Som'er has plenty of those going with Skeeters and speedy Piglets to get up in people's faces for Burt to leapfrog onto. How about a list like this?

Som'er Teeth Jones
--
2 Pool

2 Giant Mosquitos [4ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bert Jebsen
    [6ss]

• Gracie
    [7ss]

• Hog Whisperer
    [5ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Wong
    [6ss]

Edited by Dumb Luck

Yeah, I was thinking the hog whisperer could help beef up Gracie with fly and reactivate (though Gracie has that too) as well as being to heal Gracie. I just wasn't sure if it would be worth it over my other options.

With the hauler I wanted some extra healing but he always ends up being a big target so I'll think some more about that.

Yes, Von Schill has been a thorn in my side but I've been successful so far :-)

Appreciate the comments, thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

I can see why the Hog Whisperer is in there and that is to give some Sooey's to Burt/Gracie. Unfortunately, you're not going to be getting many of those in with Ophelia. Som'er has plenty of those going with Skeeters and speedy Piglets to get up in people's faces for Burt to leapfrog onto. How about a list like this?

Hmmm looks good, I worry about firepower though against Von Schill/Freikorps. Though I would definitely have more tricks with Som'er, skeeters and another pig.

I didn't think about Bert's Link to Gracie and how useful that could be along with the Skeeters and Sooey....

Decision, decisions, I appreciate the comments!

I agree with Omenbringer on this. However, I'd only take the slop hauler with this many high soulstone models (for gremlins) against Lilith just so that you can get the chance of knocking her defense of 8 down to 4. Try to get some young in there simply because they're really cheap and that they can drop really good damage for their price. Tiny will help protect them from Friekorps ranged attacks and Dirty Shot will help them take out those high defense Terror Tots or help you land some more blows on Lilith.

I think you should maybe consider switching out Rami for Raphael depending on the Strategy if you go up against Lilith simply because if Rami has range to Lilith and Lilith took the puking worm, than Lilith has range to him and possibly your entire crew. It's mostly just a personal preference though. I tend to get more use out of Raphael than Rami when it's a strategy that requires interact actions and the enemy is going to be closing the gap really fast. (On a side note though, the saddest death I've ever witnessed was when Raphael got ganged up on by three terror tots. It was just three turns of failing to walk away with Wade Out and then three ap of trying to cast Gremlins Bleed Green and then hoping to squeel away when they attack.)

Yes the Hog Whisperer can buff Gracie however you are paying a lot of points for largely a one time buff. Even Soeey! or the healing from Sooeet Nothin's isn't that great when you dont have Skeeters upfield assisting. There is a bit of potential for Survival of the Fittest but most of that crew you posted dont really contribute well to that (they are to durable and Valuable).

The Slop Hauler is definitely a large target (especially from a Freikorps Trapper shooting From the Shadows. Additionally, utilizing him for healing will require one of two things:

1. The crew to cluster close to him limiting mobility and increasing the potentcy of damaging :auras :pulses and :blasts.
  2. It will require the use of Ophelia's 0 action Oooo! A Girl!. This will reduce her abiltity to buff the rest of the crew with more useful things like Dumb and Lucky, Like Herding Squirrels or her own damage potential via Bent Gun Barrel. Granted she has Instinctual so can do two 0 actions but almost any of those will provide more bang than just dragging the Slop Hauler along.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Som'er Teeth Jones
--
2 Pool

2 Giant Mosquitos [4ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bert Jebsen
    [6ss]

• Gracie
    [7ss]

• Hog Whisperer
    [5ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Wong
    [6ss]

Not a big fan of that list (at least against the Freikorps) lose initiative on the first turn and the Trapper is going to waste that lone Bayou Gremlin From the Shadows and really put a damper on Som'er's activations. Even the Skeeters are vulnerable to that.

Edited by Omenbringer

I agree with Omenbringer on this. However, I'd only take the slop hauler with this many high soulstone models (for gremlins) against Lilith just so that you can get the chance of knocking her defense of 8 down to 4. Try to get some young in there simply because they're really cheap and that they can drop really good damage for their price. Tiny will help protect them from Friekorps ranged attacks and Dirty Shot will help them take out those high defense Terror Tots or help you land some more blows on Lilith.

I think you should maybe consider switching out Rami for Raphael depending on the Strategy if you go up against Lilith simply because if Rami has range to Lilith and Lilith took the puking worm, than Lilith has range to him and possibly your entire crew. It's mostly just a personal preference though. I tend to get more use out of Raphael than Rami when it's a strategy that requires interact actions and the enemy is going to be closing the gap really fast. (On a side note though, the saddest death I've ever witnessed was when Raphael got ganged up on by three terror tots. It was just three turns of failing to walk away with Wade Out and then three ap of trying to cast Gremlins Bleed Green and then hoping to squeel away when they attack.)

Good point on Raph, I generally do get quite a bit of use out of him, I know you mentioned Lillith but his bullet proof would help against Von Schill's team too. Also if I'm right and my opponent takes Lillith, he's going to take all Nephilim.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Yes the Hog Whisperer can buff Gracie however you are paying a lot of points for largely a one time buff. Even Soeey! or the healing from Sooeet Nothin's isn't that great when you dont have Skeeters upfield assisting. There is a bit of potential for Survival of the Fittest but most of that crew you posted dont really contribute well to that (they are to durable and Valuable).

The Slop Hauler is definitely a large target (especially from a Freikorps Trapper shooting From the Shadows. Additionally, utilizing him for healing will require one of two things:

1. The crew to cluster close to him limiting mobility and increasing the potentcy of damaging :auras :pulses and :blasts.
  2. It will require the use of Ophelia's 0 action Oooo! A Girl!. This will reduce her abiltity to buff the rest of the crew with more useful things like Dumb and Lucky, Like Herding Squirrels or her own damage potential via Bent Gun Barrel. Granted she has Instinctual so can do two 0 actions but almost any of those will provide more nag than just dragging the Slop Hauler along.

Yeah, if he takes all those Nephilim, black blood could put a hamper on things since they will be flying around in melee.

Looks like I'll finish up my Young Lacroix before Saturday (Fairly new at all this, still have quite a few gremlins left to paint)

Edited by jonboy

Maybe something like this?

Ophelia Lacroix
--
4 Pool

3 Young Lacroix [6ss]

• Bert Jebsen
    [6ss]

• Gracie
    [7ss]

• Rami Lacroix
    [6ss]

• Raphael Lacroix
    [6ss]

• Wong
    [6ss]

Agree with Omen though Young are an almost auto include in any Ophelia list. Casting Right between the eyes with the ability to stone it almost always does 5 damage or CB 5 with Dumb Luck doing potential 4/6/8 damage is too good to pass up.

Edited by rgarbonzo

That is the list I would start from, plenty of offensive might and some real durability (despite the loss of a healer). It will also be pretty mobile despite not having pig ladders or the Pigapult.

Should be pretty fun to pilot as well. Games will probably be a bit closer, though that isn't really a bad thing.

Maybe something like this?

Ophelia Lacroix
--
4 Pool

3 Young Lacroix [6ss]

• Bert Jebsen
    [6ss]

• Gracie
    [7ss]

• Rami Lacroix
    [6ss]

• Raphael Lacroix
    [6ss]

• Wong
    [6ss]

Yep, this is what I'm going to go with if my buddy chooses Von Schill, if he chooses Lilith then I'll swap in Francois for some extra melee against the Nephilim.

Thanks for the input everyone, I'll let you know how it goes and throw up a battle report.