Preventing Slow to Die

banshee

Does anyone know of a way that I can prevent Slow to Die actions using Guild? Poison would do it but not sure where that appears and I'm sure there's at least one model out there that specifically denies Slow to Die but can't think of it off the top of my head.

Thanks

If you can "sacrifice" the enemy model, then it can't slow to die.

Off the top of my head, the only models I can think of which can straight forward ignore slow to die are rail workers for arcanist/10T... but that's probably just because I play with/against a lot of arcanists, so there's bound to be more.

Thanks guys, thinking about it the new Poison rules wont do it either anymore.

A player in our group has been regularly using Bete Noire and we've had trouble making her go away permanently. I've been using McCabe a lot of late so shouldn't have too much trouble paralysing her and then finishing the job off. I'd overlooked that so thanks for jogging my thoughts.

Edited by banshee

It partly depends on the context of the slow to die action that is causing trouble for you.

Bete Noir’s disappearing trick can be hampered by Witchling Stalkers as stated by Ausplosions, and Sonnia Criid’s Advanced Counterspell also puts an end to it. In fact, I might be willing to trade almost any two cards to get rid of a monster like Bete permanently.

If the problem is slow to die melee attacks wrecking you, then just fall back on that Guild staple: shooting them to death before they get near enough to matter.

And, as various other posters had pointed out, paralyse and kill effects also conveniently get round the entire problem.

For a lot of models, you might just have to take it on the chin. I have certainly had games where I could have taken a convoluted route to prevent a slow to die action, but it was more efficient just to kill the target there and then and live with the consequences. Even in the case of a slow to die soulstone user healing up, it is usually worth putting an attack in to force them to use up a soulstone (and risk the black joker).