Malifaux 2.0 rumours?

PokiePrawn

I didnt mention anything extra for Lady J as it makes no sense that she cannot complete her scheme by killing Spirits or by killing Constructs powered by SS. So I chose to keep it simple and just kill 3 enemies.

Ok. I guess then that IMO, if its not going to be anything unique to LJ such as use of her Final Repose, then why make it unique to her at all and allow anyone to take it?

Misaki, Mei Feng, McMourning, Yan Lo, etc... Would all love to kill 3 models.

Where I thought you were going originally was that against her nemesis, the undead, that she has a special scheme. I guess maybe just the name "Lay These Souls To Rest" and the fact that fluff-wise she is sort of the "anti-rezzer" with final repose and last rites had that notion planted in my mind. My bad.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree that just killing 3 models seems a bit easy for Lady J.

I'd almost prefer something like

Hands Off!

Lady J must successfully use riposte 3 times.(1 VP)

+1 VP Lady J kills 3 models using Riposte

Edited by Dracomax
Changed AP to VP because that's what I meant

Seamus can easily make models run off if you play him right, after all, how easily do you think most living minions can pass Terrifying 14 with -2Wp? Assuming it is Seamus himself who makes them flee. I think its viable and certainly far easier than his current one, plus its a lot more interesting.

Okay, Ill admit Lady Justice's was a little easy and bland. Dracomax certainly has an interesting idea but killing 3 enemies with Riposte seems a little steep (since most people will just refuse to attack if theres a good chance a Riposte will kill them).

How about;

Lay These Souls to Rest

If Lady Justice kills 3 enemy models using Restore Natural Order, you score 1VP.

If Lady Justice sacrifices 5 counters using Last Rites, you score 1VP.

Does this seem better or is it too far the other way? It certainly fits the name now XD

Seamus can easily make models run off if you play him right, after all, how easily do you think most living minions can pass Terrifying 14 with -2Wp?

Sure... Math says so...

But come on... Easily? Seamus running people off the board? So, you've done it or seen it done many times, yes? Because that's the frequency of "easy" things.

Seamus can easily make models run off if you play him right, after all, how easily do you think most living minions can pass Terrifying 14 with -2Wp? Assuming it is Seamus himself who makes them flee. I think its viable and certainly far easier than his current one, plus its a lot more interesting.

Okay, Ill admit Lady Justice's was a little easy and bland. Dracomax certainly has an interesting idea but killing 3 enemies with Riposte seems a little steep (since most people will just refuse to attack if theres a good chance a Riposte will kill them).

How about;

Lay These Souls to Rest

If Lady Justice kills 3 enemy models using Restore Natural Order, you score 1VP.

If Lady Justice sacrifices 5 counters using Last Rites, you score 1VP.

Does this seem better or is it too far the other way? It certainly fits the name now XD

I think my problem with this is based on what I think Master Schemes should be.

First, they should be possible(if less easy) against the majority if not all crews, and second, they should play to something about the master that no other master has. In addition, they should be worth at least thinking about taking every time you take the master.

The problem here is that even though Lady J is at least a consider in Guild against most other crews, this would make the utility of her scheme not any better than it already is generally, in that it forces it to only be useful against Resser crews, and not even all of them.

Also, requiring a minimum of 3 all actions just to get one point is a bit much.

I would argue it is more difficult to make minions run than you seem to think, but for the purposes if my argument that aspect doesn't matter. In order for Seamus to do what you mention it requires him to have gone and use his 0 for trail of fear, and a 1 for face of death, which leaves you 2 actions left after doing so, but you'll notice that none if those minions are running now, which means Seamus isn't killing them while running this turn.

If you are hoping for the activation advantage next turn to shoot the fleeing model it most likely wont happen because even avatar Seamus fully buffed up can't ensure everything runs, nor that the ideal thing will run, which means if even one model passes it is going to get into melee with Seamus, and lock him in place, preventing you from getting away, preventing you from shooting one of those fleeing models, and keeping Seamus in place for an opposing master to come and get.

If I were to to choose a better version of a Seamus only scheme that is balanced via the other master specifics, would be to require Seamus to kill a model via slit jugular.

Ive run plenty of models off the board or had them fleeing. It just requires a bit of thinking/planning and building your crew to take advantage of it, locking Seamus in combat is easier said than done if your opponent lacks any models with Use Soulstones. But clearly my idea for My Little Friend does not appeal others so oh well, I just thought I'd put out something a bit different.

And It wouldn't take 3 (all) actions to complete the first part of the scheme, just that you weaken a few enemies first before Lady J finishes them off. It plays to some of her unique abilities and yes, while it only works against Undead crews, all Master Schemes really should play more to their backgrounds and be a little fluffy like that. Keep in mind all of the Master Schemes would be tweaked to also be fluffy like this one.

Okay, I see how I misread that.

I agree they should be fluffy. I just disagree that they should restrict who you can use them against.

There needs to be a balance between fluff and utility; that's part of where some of the worst imbalances in the game have come from.(Dreamer pre-cuddle was IMHO way too powerful because of his fluff. they fixed it while keeping the fluff, but I still maintain that the reason it took so long was because they were trying to keep the fluff while changing the mechanics to be a bit more balanced. same with Hamelin)